Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Salmon

windy tips?

(1/3) > >>

2inchofice:
Hi again and thanks for your responses from previous post.  I got another question regarding tipups.  I've been fishing with polars and you can set a nice easy trip for those salmon, however I fish a lake thats very windy all year.  I'm looking for some new tips cuz when I set my polars on the easiest trip, I get many wind flags.  I do all that I can setting them up against the wind, etc, but still looking for something better. The heritage tips seem popular, but I'm afraid that trip will be too heavy.  Any suggestions? Thanks, again

jhawkes2:
I use heritage traps on LL Salmon..... I have no problems with salmon tripping the trap off.  I can only think of a couple of times when the flag didn't go off.. Some of those darn tiger trout (yellow perch).  In short, if you want a trap that doesn't have ANY wind flags and is sensitive enough to pop on the slightest tug.. go with the Heritage.

Good luck

esox slayer:

--- Quote from: jhawkes2 on Sep 13, 2006, 06:58 AM ---I use heritage traps on LL Salmon..... I have no problems with salmon tripping the trap off.  I can only think of a couple of times when the flag didn't go off.. Some of those darn tiger trout (yellow perch).  In short, if you want a trap that doesn't have ANY wind flags and is sensitive enough to pop on the slightest tug.. go with the Heritage.

Good luck

--- End quote ---

I'll agree with running the Heritage Lakers.  They'll trip on light biting fish, won't wind trip ever and will last forever with normal use.  Esox

adkRoy:
I use a jigawhopper mammoth for my salmon rig. It has yet to wind trip.

ifishhi:
i have lakers and jacktraps. the lakers are very nice but they are a far cry from a jacktrap. if you want the best then don't settle for anything else. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version