Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

What Ice line are you using and How do you fish it.

<< < (2/3) > >>

marmooskapaul:
Have used 2lb Trilene xl clear for years. Tried trilene's cold weather line and gold stren, but I'll stick with clear xl. When the line has too much memory or my jigs start spinning too much from line twist I just pull off about 30 feet and am good to go for a while. Good luck, Paul   p.s. fish for panfish, but have caught bass up to 5 lb on it thru the ice.

jigginstick:
I always use Pole-Cat in 1# test for panfish. If you use the right action pole and retie a couple times a day no trouble with break offs.

Greg2ha:
Brand usually Trilene # , usually 1or 2. ;D
Greg

crappie66:
Do you guys really notice much of a difference in catch when using the 1 or 2 lb test versuses the 3 lb test.  I usually use 2 lb test but for some reason I used 3 lb test last year, I am not sure why I did it, I must have done it by accident and only now noticed it when getting line out to respool my reels.  The 1 lb test kind of makes me paranoid to try.

icejunky:
I like to try different kinds of line, usually 2 or 3 brands a season. Depending on my success. Last year I used That Blue Trilene crap and fireline. the Fireline was a hit, so i have kept it on my primary pole but I have strung up my 2 new rods with PowerPro Ice. nothing like braid...the power of 8lb with the thickness of 2lb.

I may take a look at the cajun red line this season and Im still looking for a solid tip-up line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version