Author Topic: Dry feet  (Read 7793 times)

DN

Dry feet
« on: Jan 10, 2003, 03:54 AM »
 To keep feet nice and dry try spraying on some anti-persperant before layering on your socks.

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
Re: Dry feet
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2003, 04:00 PM »
:o  Does this work?  How about powder made for feet?  I read your post DN and thought that might be a good idea.  Actually anti-perspirant and deodorant would be best for "my" feet.   ;D  I'm not seeing a lot of feedback on this one DN....
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

tj52

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2003, 06:07 PM »
if you have a nice pair of packs then your biggest problem is not sweating in them before you get to the lake. i don't put mine on untill i am there and i find the thinest socks i can to wear so my feet wont sweat creating a ice cheast effect.

ARMSTRONG_BROS.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2003, 07:47 PM »
When there isn't water or slush on the ice I like to wlk to where im fishing with my boots untied and loose around my ankles. I have found that this keeps my feet cooler so they dont sweat.
                                        Brother#3

RSQCAL

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2003, 01:31 AM »
;) Used the deoderant thing alot in the service. Works pretty well. Started using it instead of powder because of the polly pro socks. Powder takes away from the wicking action. Used summer and winter in the boonies, tended to get less blisters, dry feet and all. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2003, 11:09 AM »
A good pair of wicking socks like polypropline (probably didn't spell that correctly) or wool.  Never wear cotton unless you want cold feet.

Offline first ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Watch your eyes boys, watch your eyes
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2003, 09:19 AM »
Guys the best way to keep your feet dry is to first put on a thin pair of polypropylen socks any backpacking store has them, then a pair of wool or whatever type of sock you wear over the top. I can guarantee you will never have damp/wet sweaty feet again.
Go early , stay late

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2003, 11:38 AM »
I agree with you guys on the poly socks acting like a wick and drawing the moisture out.

biggjimm1

« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2003, 02:34 PM »
Thats right first ice, polypropylene with wool or wool blend socks over them is a must for dry feet. Another bad idea is socks and boots that are tight. I wear loose fitting socks and dont tie my boots real tight. Lets air in there for insulation and drying. Another good idea is a boot with a thick felt liner as this helps to wick away moisture.   good fishing and stay safe     Biggjimm

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2003, 03:07 PM »
I wear Sorels on the ice. I wear 1 pair of Cabela's wool socks and NEVER tie my boots. The boots are about 1/2 size larger than my foot. This accomodates the socks very well and because I don't tie the boots my feet never sweat and never get cold because the boots aren't too tight. By the way, I never put my Sorels on until I'm ready to hit the ice.

PACKERBACKER
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Griswold Pete

Re:Dry feet
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2003, 07:09 AM »
The good socks and anti-perspirant are good ideas, but my boots have an "Air-Mesh" lining that wicks away moisture.  They are Muck Boots - very lightweight and warm, plus they float.  Get them at farm stores or at www.muckbootsonline.co m

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2003, 06:31 PM »
For keeping your feet dry all day is a simple thing. Just take a extra pair of socks what ever you like and tuck them in the waist if your pants then when your feet get cool pull out the socks and take off your boots one at a time change your socks and put the damp socks back in your waist the body heat will start drying the socks and your feet will be happy for the new dry feeling This is a old survivel trick from the service for winter
manuvers in the Artic Works for me all the time! By the way put the damp part of your socks in the pants next to your body but not on your skin your clothing will wick the dampness out of the sock but you will stay warm.
Cold Feet

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Thats what I do is Take my socks off and put dry socks back on after the feet evaporate for a while.  I have sorels and I really really think they are terrible!  They are heavy hot and my socks always slip down to the toes un less I have them tied tight or the sock is pulled over the top of them.  I am switching to a different boot this year.  Dunno which one yet tho!
  Da-Roc

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2004, 12:39 AM »
hey rock. a little secret I use to keep my socks from sliding down to my toes is a common  diaper pin which I fasten thru my sock tops and to my long johns. try it u will like it.

himo1123
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.