Author Topic: 3'rd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 23'rd  (Read 11553 times)

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 3'rd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 23'rd
« Reply #120 on: Jan 22, 2011, 02:19 PM »
i'll be there with a friend, willl bring a small grill :tipup: :tipup:
i fish because i can

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:20 PM »
I will see you guys in the am. I am going to arive early 6:30__7:00. Hope to meet new and old faces tomorrow. 

Offline scranton1964

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Jan 23, 2011, 03:08 AM »
I just signed up to this site yesterday and am looking forward to fishing the cove and meeting some fellow ice fisherman.  I will be the guy in the all orange suit.   ;D

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #123 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:50 AM »
I'm coming! Probably be a little over an hour... But I'll get there.

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:10 AM »
Recap of the CT-Outfitters/ Team CT-Iceshanty.com event on Wethersfield Cove Sunday, January 23, 2011

About a hundred people were on the ice.  Parking was a little tense at times, but we made it out OK.
Weather was excellent until about 2 when the wind and chill kicked in pretty good.
Demos were well attended, and many newbies learned new techniques, and all seekers were exposed to new technologies like the Jiffy Pro 4 propane auger, Strikelite II, and the Humminbird Ice 45 & 55.
The fish fry was really well received with delicate filets of Connecticut River Yellow Perch and Black Crappie dredged in buttermilk and seasoned cornmeal, deep fried on the ice and served with a special remoulade sauce.

Center Ice looked like an advertisement for Frabill Shelters with the Guardian, R-tec 2, Headquarters, Outpost, and Refuge all lined up in a row and open for visitors.

The RV1 Shappell shelter was won by Jason Stanhope, father of two young tough icefishing kids, about 6&7 years old.  The kids braved the entire day out there, and Dad was on the fence about attending due to family matter.  He found a way to attend while still satisfying his familie’s needs, and had a great day. Now they have a brand new shelter for the kids to keep warm in when they hit the ice!

The Jiffy Model 30 was won by Jason Hoyt of Newington, who also had a little fry, (son maybe 4 years old) who was jiggin like a big person with his dad and his grandpa.  Their old auger was 15-20 years old and really a chore to drill with.  They are really excited to own a brand new Jiffy Model 30.

Another 20 people (including many children) won or were given Jigging rod and reels with line and lure.

First place fish (heaviest) went to Daniel Rodriguez for his 22 inch, 1 pound 11 ounce pike.  He won a $50 gift card to CT-O.

All in all it was a really great day.  Fox news channel 61 camera crew showed up and did interviews, filmed auger demos, and warmed themselves by the fire.

Special Thanks to Paul Zombik, owner of Pioneer Valley Wholesale who’s business donated the two big prizes and the 20 jigging combos for the day.
I really think that the manufacturers of all of our equipment really missed the boat on this one by not donating prizes, which would have helped us put their products squarely in the eyes and hands of a hundred hardcore ice fishing customers.

Trooper Bri, the events organizing representative for Team CT IceShanty.com, sadly missed the event (Seafood Allergic Reaction) he worked so hard to put together.  Brian is feeling much better and is sorry he missed the event.
Hey Bri, What is the date for next year?
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Offline Mitch P.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Great job guys! It was cool to drive by on 91 and see so many people gathered on the ice in CT!

Trooper Bri

« Reply #126 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:04 PM »
"Hey Bri, What is the date for next year?"

I don't care. Missed a post banquet party, missed a great outing. Ice gear for sale. I hate fishing. Going to eat a shrimp cocktail and finish killing myself...

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:29 PM »
LOL... That's the spirit! ;D

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I don't care. Missed a post banquet party, missed a great outing. Ice gear for sale. I hate fishing. Going to eat a shrimp cocktail and finish killing myself...

Take video as you're doing the epileptic Curley shuffle on your living room floor you nut!

Are we on for next week? I only have a few weekends left before the stuff hits the fan.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Trooper Bri

« Reply #129 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:22 PM »
I'm down at Bill's house next weekend putting Mike G's audio system in the Ted Nugent Limited Edition Blazer on Saturday, and have a couple things to do Sunday.

After that I'm free (so far), and the weekend after that is CWood's festival on ice I believe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.