The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Stike Master 40 Volt reviews  (Read 1978 times)

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
Stike Master 40 Volt reviews
« on: Dec 29, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Has anyone used this auger? I am looking to buy one, but I have not seen any consumer reviews because it's new.

Thanks for your input.

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stike Master 40 Volt reviews
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2017, 09:12 AM »
I couldn’t be more happy with this auger. I was out fishing yesterday and the temperature was -18 degrees  (-30 windchill) , I drilled 30 holes (11 inches of ice) in a three hour period and only used 1/4 of the charge. The auger was outside at all times. I am very happy with my purchase.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply!! I took a leap of faith yesterday and sold my Nils/Tanaka Power Auger to purchase this Strike Master 40 Volt. I Can't wait to pick it up. Thanks again for your reply

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:49 PM »
I saw one in a store and been watching videos. I wouldn't mind the strike Master because it's not that heavy. I have an Icegator now and it is heavy to carry around...even just walking around drilling many holes. I love the icegator for drilling holes. Just not the weight.
jbird68

Offline brl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:33 AM »
We fishing opening day Jan. 1 at -13 and a buddy showed up with one, that thing is awesome! It drilled 3 holes to my 1 (30 Jiffy with new blade) Let it sit outside all day high of 7 deg and had no problem punching holes. I think it dropped one bar on the battery.

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:41 PM »
Did you leave the battery on the ice auger all day or did you keep it warm.

Thanks for the feedback

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2018, 05:51 AM »
I've been using mine in below zero weather with roughly 10 inches of ice. Cuts fast and starts immediately. Over the last week went through half battery cutting about 100 holes (varying ice thickness). I leave the battery on the unit outside my shack.

Offline brl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Did you leave the battery on the ice auger all day or did you keep it warm.

Thanks for the feedback

Battery was left in the auger! I'll be getting one!

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Good to know. I sold my Tanaka/ Nils Gas auger and purchased the Strike Master 40 Volt. I drilled 10 holes through 12 inches of Ice and I was impressed with the power and speed of auger. I did keep my battery in a cooler with a heat pack and good to know it is not needed. As season progresses,  it will be good to see how it drills through 30 plus inches of ice. I did not drill of alot of holes.because I was tip up fishing.
Thanks for your replies

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:46 PM »
Edit: went out this morning for a few hours, maybe 7 or 8 inches of ice. Cuts very well, just hold it up and it does the work for you, it cuts very fast and there is really no torque at all.  I did push down drilling one hole with not a single issue besides it cutting faster. Granted I am using new blades but I was still pleasantly surprised.

Reverse works as advertised.

I did say in my previous post the lights were gimmicky, they are actually nice to have. It was predawn, thick ass fog, and they lit up the auger very well to check flush after using reverse.

I didnt count the amount of holes i drilled but my battery was down 1 bar. I am guessing i popped at least 35 holes but that counts reopening old ones which it does easily. Battery was fully charged in 15 minutes when i got home.

Best auger i have ever owned. Very pleased with my purchase.

Mine arrived today.

Cant wait to use it. Build quality looks ok. Like the spot for the allen key underneath. Lights seem a bit gimmicky but thats fine. Seems very smooth and the motor isnt that loud. Swedish made blades. Plastic handles feel strong and sturdy. Button feels like it is decent quality. 

Cant beat the extra battery deal. Cheapest i have seen them for is 161.99

Does seem to weigh a ton  :) compared to my buddies milkwaukee with 8" kdrill but 24lbs is still damn good.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:34 PM »
This has probably been my favorite purchase in a while. Replaced my Lazer Pro just because I was done messing around with the gas. Love just being able to grab this, pull the trigger and go. After using it I've already had a person promptly go out and replace his gas Jiffy.

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Ive been a gasser guy for quite some time. Since my buddy bought an ion i liked the ease of use but wasnt happy with the "mini" auger feel. Almost too short. I went with the strikemaster lithium 40v as a bit of an impulse because of the extra battery promo. Im completely blown away. It has the full size auger feel without the weight. Everyone of my buddies that uses it is sold.

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:40 PM »
It drilled through 30 inches of Ice like butter. Did not big at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.