Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607202 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19200 on: Apr 07, 2020, 10:45 AM »
Morning all !!
35* in the hills this a.m with mostly sunny skies & a good wind.....Calling for a high of 53*.....

Guess with all my sleep over the past few days my body decided 4 hours was sufficient last night.....Oh well, think I'll make myself a nice big mug of British Tea with honey then take a nap.....Haha !!

Looks like Drifter_016 is experiencing a slight heat wave up there in the NWT !!

Just popped in to say "Good Morning" to everyone.....You all have a great day, remain healthy & stay safe !!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19201 on: Apr 07, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Good day ER's!! For those who've asked, my wife has a lot of discomfort now that the end is near. It's due to the cumulative radiation. She looks like she has a very bad sunburn, along with other problems!! She has numerous salves, lotions, and creams to help her. Along with being tired all of the time, we'll be glad it's over!! Everyone take care!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19202 on: Apr 07, 2020, 01:48 PM »
OG, so sorry to read that.  I have been fighting with my computer all morning.  Trying to get it back to like it was new out of the box...What a  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

think I am gaining ground on the shin problem....finally

Need to don the mask and run to a couple stores.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19203 on: Apr 07, 2020, 07:00 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

A long day but I was able to finish my job.

I have posted before about a guy that makes it a point to give me jerky when he sees me. The job that I was working on was across the street from Mr. Jerky's house, so he brought over two big bags with different flavors. He is a regional sales rep for Jack Links so he likes to find out which ones we like and which ones we don't. When I got home I was looking through the bags and there were 65 different packs. I know in the store they run anywhere from $3-$9 depending on bag size. None the less a nice jester, which I will scatter around the neighborhood. 

I did grab the camera card, pretty quiet. I will post a couple of the better videos. Lots of deer at night and squirrels during the day.

Hope you all have a good night :thumbsup: Stay safe. I am off to bed, planning getting back to the wood splitting tomorrow.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19204 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:09 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 36* with light rain, more for the day> ::)
                        Marv.........Great videos as usual. :thumbsup: I hope you were able to finish the tree job yesterday, and the homeowner was happy. :flex:
                        OS...........My wife had the same symptoms as your wife has, I hope she can handle them to the end. :flex: My wife only had 21 treatments
                I can't imagine what she would look like if she had to go as long as your wife. Your wife is a trooper. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                       Bud...........I'm glad to read that there finally some progress on you shin. :clap:
                       I-45...........I had about 3.5 chords of wood to stack, I'm just slow doing it. :o
                       Wally......... I will check in later to read about your trip yesterday. ;D
                       Spitzo........I'm glad to read that you doing better, keep it up. :thumbsup:
                       Dave.........I see your temps are warming up, how early is this warm up than the normal? ???
                       Magic Mike got the front gable end framed up, it took some time, we framed up a door in it because he plans on a deck off the bedroom.
                       Rain today so it will be a putter day around here.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at home, Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19205 on: Apr 08, 2020, 06:40 AM »
39* and cloudy.
WS, couple pretty good toms in that first one. Can't go wrong with the Jack Links.

If you click on the photo you may see some "eyes". There were a few in West Stoney last night. The first I have seen this year. Not a lot of water in any of the creeks right now and the snow is gone.

Got some more raking done yesterday and was informed last night that Lindsay wants some of my plants for her house. Some of mine could use some thinning.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19206 on: Apr 08, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Wild an wooly night in lower Michigan. There was a lot of hail up to golf ball size. Luckily there was not much wind. I kept checking radar. I noticed a smaller size sever storm pop up headed our way. Luckily it passed just north of us so we only got a little rain. I was watching the weather on a northern Michigan tv station. They were talking some snow in the tip of the mitt and the UP later this week.

IW I have a lot of wood to get cut, split and stacked from the big red oak that the power company took down last summer. I need to get it done so I can get the new tower blind built.

Marv That is quite a lot of Jacks goodies the  guy gave you. I have eaten my share of them. My late BIL kept me supplied with KOOL cigarettes' when he was a rep for them.
If you can could you post the video I sent you on this thread I would appreciate it.
Have you seen arrow around? It seems too early for her to go to nest.

Time to head out for some groceries and renew my license plates.

Every one have a good day!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19207 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Morning all,

TT....glad you made it thru the storms unscathed  :thumbsup:

WS....that's a LOT of jerky  :o  good snack when you're out in the woods or on the water  ;)2 

Eddie.....guessing the ipad is still out of commission  ???

IW....hope you weren't expecting an exciting fishing report  :unsure:  never had a hit all day  :blink:  kind of figured the skunk would be finding us after the last outing  :(

H2L...looks like the outside furniture needs to wait until later next week  :-\  stupid snow  >:(

Spitz....glad to hear you're feeling better  :clap:

IFF.....glad to hear your leg is on the mend also  :clap:  any more cutting of hours at the store  ???

IF45.....prayers that Mrs45 stays well while working in a hospital  ;)

OS....almost there now  :flex: :clap:

Beautiful day on the water yesterday, boat has exceeded our expectations, now if only we could find those dang hungry fish again  :whistle: :wacko: :roflmao:  looks like the weather will keep us off the lake for a bit, but we won't give up, the search will continue  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19208 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Morning ER's! We dodged the bullet last night as far as the storms went!! Gandalf and I watched as the t-storm came down from the north through an open window. I had The radar on my phone and closed up when it became local. All for nothing because it just grazed us with the west side, everything else sliding to the SE. Somebody sure as heck got whacked, but not us!! Jeff, this is the hardest things I've ever gone through with the wife!!! I told her what your wife went through and be glad she didn't have as many as my wife!!  It has sapped her energy and we're counting the days! Thanks to everyone for their continued support! I pass along all of your well wishes!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
I hope everyone has as good a day as possible with things the way they are in the world! Hang in there! We're all in this together and STFAH!!!!  :nono: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19209 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Good morning everyone, Very cloudy here. Supposed to rain the next 2 days. My wife is home for the next 2 days. She said all the people in the icu are now covid positive. We’re definitely living in scary times.

Tom Turkey, Hope everything goes smoothly. In Massachusetts the grocery stores are allowing so many people in the stores at a time. Hopefully you get that tree cut and stacked soon.

Hunts2long, Saw some eyes in the picture. Is that the mission for today is removing some plants?

Ice Wanderer, Thats good you got the Gable framed up. Definitely a good day to putter around the house.

Whopper Stopper, Thats a lot of jerky. That’s nice you share it. Thank you for sharing those videos. They are great. Hoping Arrow is ok.

IFF, How is your leg doing? Are you able to keep it elevated? How is your wife doing?

Old Sailor, Prayers for your wife.

WallyWorld, can’t wait to see pictures from yesterday’s outing. How is Mr WallyWorld? My wife is happy I’m not on a Ambulance anymore. I have mixed feelings. He’s in my prayers as all first responders are.

I hope everyone is safe. Hopefully soon this virus will be contained enough so people can have some normalcy. Prayers for all our first responders and Doctors and Nurses and staff who take care of patients. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19210 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:40 AM »
IF45.....thank you I will let MrWW know  :bow:

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19211 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Good Morning, Folks

Rain, thunder, lighting like the gates of hell were open last night-now-sun and clouds, temps. supposed to be going to the mid to high 50's

Really no changes to many things here, the governor did shut down all state and county parks as of 8:00 p.m. last night (Tuesday) to prevent big gatherings, that cuts
      down on the open water spots even more :P

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19212 on: Apr 08, 2020, 11:07 AM »
Good morning ER's !! Seems like most have started the day & I'm the late riser.....
28* here in the hills this morning & looking like 55* for a high.....

These new meds are working great & I'm showing improvement day by day..:thumbsup: I checked in with the Doc this morning & told her I thought I could return to work next week, so she set me up with an appointment to see her before returning to work.....

Hope everyone has a great humpday, remains healthy & stays safe !!

Here's a few pics to brighten up these dark days !! 1st pic my wife took at sunset from the road leading to our house.....2nd pic was me trying to capture the moon with my smartphone.....3rd pic I snatched off the Georgetown Lake webcam last night.....

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19213 on: Apr 08, 2020, 11:35 AM »
Currently sunny and 19F heading for a high of 23F.

IW we are about 2 weeks late on warm up this year.
Might be able to ice fish until late May at this rate.   ::)

Here's some proof. Usually the winter road to the diamond mines closes around the 20th of March.
18 days later than normal.

https://cabinradio.ca/34352/news/travel/nwt-winter-road-to-diamond-mines-closes-for-the-season/?fbclid=IwAR28ZLuDL8FlKPaVLv1ogQmgUpqQM4R7heshnhuwqnCaN3oZjVSSBhXKJ3Y

Damn you global warming!!!! :shakes fist at sky:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19214 on: Apr 08, 2020, 04:26 PM »
Good afternoon evening everyone :bow:

I spent the day cutting up firewood. Tomorrow I will start splitting and hauling.

TT no problem I will post it. And we have not seen Arrow for a few days. Actually the turkeys must have something going on because things have been quiet by the camera.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19215 on: Apr 08, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Nice video

Good Evening, All

The clouds rolled in about dinnertime, light rain

The governor here in NJ has shut down all construction starting 8:00P.M. Friday for at least 30 days, so the wife tells me
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19216 on: Apr 08, 2020, 07:04 PM »

Our Governess is going to tell us how much longer she is going to extend our shut down tomorrow Can't wait. ::)

Construction has been shut down from the start. The only exception is to weather in what has been already started.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19217 on: Apr 08, 2020, 11:21 PM »
Good evening a Blessed Passover to all who celebrate the holiday. Dry sunny day here with high in the mid. fifties rain coming tomorrow.
SpitzoMT. glad you are feeling better take all precautions need if your doctor clears you to return to work. Thanks for the photos.
Eddie assume you are still trying to repair your I-Pad. I've heard the state is asking that those filing for UI to use the inter-net as their phone system is over loaded.
Ice Wanderer ideally moved equipment would be returned to respective hospital how well this plan will work if put into practice is the big question. :whistle: Good to read you were able to help "Magic Mike' on the cabin build.
Whopper Stopper very nice gift from the sales rep. and good job sharing the jerky with others. is it to early for "arrow to be sitting on a nest of eggs if she was bred. If the arrow is passing through her body may it not be causing a problem preventing/limiting her movements. Thanks for posting the game camera and Toby Keith-Clint Eastwood song video.
Hunts2long may you get things straightened out with Frontier. did you get some plants ready for Lindsay today.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read ICU nurses are fighting over PPE at your wife's hospital. May they get a shipment of supplies asap.
Drifter hope your back and neck are feeling better and you get to the cabin this weekend.
oldsailor happy your wife is near the end of her treatments the  radiation is taking a tool on her body. Hope there was no major damage from the storms in your state.
IFF did you get the computer issues resolved. May you have turned the corner with your shin.
Tomturkey similar sentiments in concerning the storms in your state. Looks like you have some projects waiting for you at the second house. Thank you for sharing the video with Whopper Stopper to post on I.S. .Wallyworld sorry the striped kitty paid a visit on the fishing trip. Doing any baking to send to your son and his family for Easter.
Capt.Jim to bad about the county parks guessing people still not following STFAH as MR.OldSailor calls the social distancing rules. May you be able to get back to work in coming weeks. The two of you still planing to move later this year.

Continued good health concerning Covid-19 to all of you and your families.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19218 on: Apr 09, 2020, 05:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 38* and partly cloudy, rain moving in later today. ::)
                      Marv.........Thanks for sharing the Toby Keith video, :thumbsup: I think a lot of can relate to it. :whistle:
                      Spitzo.......How far out of town do you live, looks like nice territory! :thumbsup:
                      Steve........The problem with UI is you fill everything out on line then it tells you to call UI to finish with talking to a live person, that's
            where people can't get through. It's a screwed up system. :o
                      I-45..........I wish your wife the best for working at a hospital at this time, I'm sure all the precautions are taken for non medical workers.
            Tell her thanks for sticking it out doing her job. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
                      H2L...........I know spring is here and everyone wants to push it, I hope you can get you lawn furniture out and better weather lets you
            use it. :blink:
                      OS............I'm glad that the storms slid off to the east for you, they are fun to watch. :whistle:
                      Yesterday I went out to cut down a couple of trees and found out I didn't have any bar oil. So I ventured to town to a local hardware store,
            when I got there, there was a big sign on the door to call their # and they take your order and billing information. Then the guy told me that my
            order would be out on a table to the right of the building. I'm glad I knew exactly what I wanted.
                      Not much going on today, Oh my wife's car is suppose to be done today, might be able to pick it up later.
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or home. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19219 on: Apr 09, 2020, 06:56 AM »
40* and some clouds. Rain later in the day, so they say.
WS, liked the video. Clint is a tough ole bird.
SpitzoMT, thanks for sharing the pictures. Nice looking country.
IW, who runs this UI? Now I remember, it's the state....lol I have some plants picked out for the daughter but waiting for some rain to make them easier to dig and she isn't stopping by until Monday so I don't want to dig them too soon.

Now the internet issue. Same day as the tech was dispatched we got a letter from Frontier. It seems they reduced our speed because of everyone on-line and working from home. The tech also told me it is not so much the local service that is being overloaded, but the back bone on the network back to the next hub. Our service was reduced by 2/3 and we were told our bill with reflect that. SURE it will. Then I asked if it will be returned to MAX speed when this is over. ANS...you will have to reorder MAX speed. Now I know why he only called and didn't come to the house.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19220 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Hello all, Not much new here. As in nothing new. Glad to see many with health issues are on the mend. All the best.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19221 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Morning ER's!! I'll echo that about no reports of COVID-19 among us!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: Got grazed by another t-storm last night as a cold front came barreling through with tornado warnings and all!! I hope we're this lucky all year long!  My wife has 2 more treatments and the it will take a week after that for the pain and burn to start to disappear. It's been a long, rough 6 weeks!! Everyone have as good as possible day and STFAH!!!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19222 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Morning all,

TT/WS....thanks for the video  :thumbsup: Eastwood/Keith 2 of my favorite guys  :thumbsup:

H2L....it will be interesting to see if your bill actually does go down AND if the price of the high speed goes up when you renew   :pinch:   ::)

IW.....shopping for anything is becoming more and more complicated every day it seems  :-\

UFC....guess it's a "no news is good news" type of situation most everywhere  :blink:

Eddie.....hope you're getting somewhere with unemployment  ???

MrC.....haven't heard of any transfer of supplies and/or patients between upstate and downstate so far  :unsure: 

CapJ.....think with the nicer weather social distancing is going to be harder for people to maintain  :-\  hopefully it doesn't cause an upsurge in numbers again  :(

Had this fella sitting on my deck for the longest time this morning while his lady was working on their nest nearby

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19223 on: Apr 09, 2020, 10:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Rainy and crappy this morning. My wife is home today. Didn’t do much yesterday. She feels she needs to go grocery shopping which will be interesting since there only allowing only 40% in the store at a time.

WallyWorld, Looks like he was kicked out because he was in the way of nest making. Hopefully you have a good day.

Old Sailor, Prayers for you and your wife. Hope she feels better after the 2 treatments.

Hunts2long, Hope they adjust your bill appropriately since they lowered your internet speed. He was probably scared to come out and tell you in person.

Ice Wanderer, Seems like everything is contactless now. Hope your wife’s car is ready and the repair isn’t to costly.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19224 on: Apr 09, 2020, 11:57 AM »

Mr Dickens new Easter bed
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19225 on: Apr 09, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Good Late Morning ER's      OS best  thoughts to Mrs. OS   Sunny here now but getting a wintery mix later on.  I-45 Mr. Dickens looks comfy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19226 on: Apr 09, 2020, 07:51 PM »
Good evening calm outside now heavy rain and high winds around 1 PM. It seems most grocery stores/supermarkets are now limiting number of shoppers in the store based on the stores square footage or local health dept. guidelines. Some even have signs up directing traffic .
Ice Wanderer thank you for the info.on U.I. explains the problem. ::)  I understand the limited contact but like you said what if you are not sure of exactly you need to purchase. Hope your wife's car is home from repair shop.
Hunts2long surprised you got a letter from Frontier it seems many of the internet providers feel they can do their own thing . May you see a reduction on your next bill. Stinks you will have to reorder to get Max speed back .
OldSailor praying there is no weather related or other disaster during this time when medical resources and finances are getting spread thin. Only one day left for your wife may all the treatments have worked.
Wallyworld I'm getting the impression people are not happy with the equipment/medical personal and patient transfer idea and letting their local politicians and state reps. know their opinion of the idea/plan. thank you for the photo believe it is a bluebird(our state bird) .
Icefisher-45 nice photo of Mr. Dickens. Hope you and the wife had a good day.
UfCreel glad all is well with you and the family.
Old Goat may you not be looking at a few inches of snow or ice.
Eddie hope you get the I-Pad problem fixed soon missing your posts.

A good night to all.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19227 on: Apr 10, 2020, 04:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looking a little like winter again here this morning....31*, snowshowers and strong winds howling, high of 41 today.

No good news to share on my computer issues yet, but I did finally make some headway with opening up an unemployment claim last evening. If anyone plays the Daily numbers lottery game, try 527....that’s how many calls it took me over the last two days to get through.  :cookoo:

Have been keeping up with the thread, will try to get a better post in today....stay safe all....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19228 on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's also 31 here missed yesterdays mix thankfully. With that tenacity Mason it must surely pay off on water/ice. Thanks for posting.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19229 on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Good morning Eddie, OG! Good morning everyone :bow:

29 heading into the 50's later on today.

I have been following along, just too busy or tired to post. Yesterday I had a good day with wood and today my s-i-l will help so I should finish wood at her house. It's been a week.

So glad the 9:45 hasn't had and 19 problems :thumbsup: Hopefully the end will soon be in sight.

Take care and be safe :thumbsup:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.