Author Topic: Showing the flag on a ice shelter  (Read 14311 times)

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing is all of my life.
Re: Showing the flag on a ice shelter
« Reply #60 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:44 AM »
It is Hibara Lake! I am doing smelt fishing for 4 days there. Tomorrow, I think that I can post new picture of lake. ;)

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #61 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:35 PM »
Niru- you have a very beautiful family and a happy group of fishermen. You must be doing good. I like the look of your smoked smelt. I also like to smoke fish. For me it is trout. I live in Montana. We have a lot of trout.

RD- you're not so bad looking yourself  ;) especially with those pretty fish you're holding ;D

I would love to fish Japan someday but I'm not sure my zen is strong enough for smelt! Might take more practice for me and a lot of money to afford those daiwa rigs. Thank you for sharing. I will continue to watch you on YouTube,  Niru. Best of luck to you!!

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:49 AM »
>kyle
Thank you for a nice comment. :) :) I have made smoked trout too. It is so tasty and I love it. Smelt fishing in Japan looks like Zen training. We concentrate all spirit on rod tip. If you have the opportunity to come to Japan, I would like you to experience it.

The picture is ice shanties and my fishing friend’s ice shelter and my sled.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 28, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Your sled is very nice! Those new Ski-Doos are very quite... What I like most about your pictures are the mountains... they remind me of the mountains I live near!

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:03 PM »
I was also surprised to see your picture. It looks just like the lake that I am going through. If it is said that the picture is Hibara Lake, I might believe it. Red selter is also cool! I also saw Eskimo's shelter here recently.

The video is appearance of running by snowmobile on the lake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS-bdnuSbtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXksI3gbUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZI6NKyFlQ

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #65 on: Mar 01, 2017, 06:24 PM »
素晴らしいビデオナル..山と風景は信じられないほどです

Subarashī bideonaru.. Yama to fūkei wa shinji rarenai hododesu

Great videos nuru.. The mountains and scenery are incredible

私はあなたに質問があります。 私たちが英語で投稿するか、翻訳を使用するだけで簡単ですか?
私は両方を試して、他の人が一緒に従うことができます..     ;)

Watashi wa anata ni crapsumon ga arimasu. Watacrapachi ga eigo de tōkō suru ka, hon'yaku o shiyō suru dakede kantandesu ka? Watashi wa ryōhō o tamecrape, hokanohito ga issho ni crapagau koto ga dekimasu..   ;)

I have a question for you.  Is it easier if we just post in english or use the translation?
I try and do both so others can follow along..    ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Thanks for that too RD. I like to follow along. My 13 year old is learning Mandarin Chinese right now.   But I think it will take me a lot more shanty posts to learn any Japanese.

Niru- It looks like home to me. I love it! Hibara seems like a very big lake!

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:10 AM »
> Raquettedacker
Thank you for comment. I'm happy to be praised. I can translate English by one click in Google browser. It is OK by only English.
> kyle
Thank you for comment. It's wonderful that there is a similar place the other side in the Earth. Someday I would like to do ice fishing in USA.  It is so fun to imagine that I will doing that. Maybe I can catch big-big fish unlike Japan. But I can speak English not really. So I am learning English conversation once a week.
Maybe Hibara Lake is the lake which is the most popular ice fishing in Japan and the area is 2632 acres.

The picture is the scenery of ice shanties and shelters on Hibara Lake.

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2017, 11:28 AM »
神聖なわかさぎ!巨大な魚キャンプ!!

良い記憶を取り戻す.

アイダホ州に来て、大きな魚を捕まえ、有名なジャガイモを食べる.

Niru-san,
huge wakasagi camp!!!
come visit idaho and we will catch big fish and eat famous potatoes!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #69 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:03 PM »
あなたはここ何年もここにいて、あなたの有名なジャガイモのレシピを共有したことはありませんか?
何があったの?

Anata wa koko nan-nen mo koko ni ite, anata no yūmeina jagaimo no reshipi o kyōyū crapa koto wa arimasen ka? Nani ga atta no?

kousui you have been on here all these years and never shared your famous potato's recipe ?
Whats up with that?        ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #70 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:06 PM »
ニルはすごい集まりです...いい場所でなければなりません...
Niru wa sugoi atsumaridesu... Ī bashodenakereba narimasen...

niru that is a great shanty gathering...   Must be a good spot... ;D ;D ;D

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:41 PM »
gomen.....

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Kousui- where in Idaho do you live?

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:24 PM »
boise desu

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:44 PM »
Well that isn't nearly as far as Niru  ;D we should try to meet somewhere in between Boise and West Yellowstone next season, when we have more time to plan! Have you ever fished Island Park Reservoir? That is closer to me, but still in Idaho.

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:00 AM »
> Raquettedacker-san
There are a lot of fishing points on the lake. This picture is one of them. Ice shanties is fixed by fishing trader.
> kousui-san
Sounds good! In Idaho, I would like to visit Yellowstone National Park by all means. And if there is hot spring near there, I would like to be into it. However, I do not want to be like a boiled octopus. Lol

The picture is kokanees that I fished in another lake in summer. It is very tasty and I like it. Is this fish target at ice fishing in USA?

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:07 AM »

> kousui-san
Sounds good! In Idaho, I would like to visit Yellowstone National Park by all means. And if there is hot spring near there, I would like to be into it. However, I do not want to be like a boiled octopus. Lol

Niru- if you ever make it to Yellowstone you are welcome to stay with me. I have many other fishing friends that do when they visit Yellowstone Park. I live at the west entrance to the Park. The name of my town is West Yellowstone. We see a lot of Chinese visitors now... Not as many Japanese as have visited in the past. Sometimes I find the Chinese very rude,... they are just not accustomed to our ways. When my parents were in school here they would go into the Park at night and sit in the hot springs. It was still against the rules then, but now there would be big trouble! One person did get boiled last year... it was sad. There are a couple places in the park you can go to sit in hot springs but more outside in the surrounding area. I'm sure Kousui knows of some places.

We have kokanee in Montana, there are some pictures of them in the Montana pictures thread... those look very tasty!
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=63435.2560

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Mar 04, 2017, 05:43 AM »
>kyle-san
Thank you! I’m so glad to hear kindly comment. If I go to Yellowstone National Park, I would like to contact you. I would like to be careful not to be rude. The story of hot spring is interesting. We Japanese have the habit to go into a hot spring naked and like hot spring very much.
Kokanee’ picture is wonderful! When we fish kokanee, we usually use 8 hooks that is attached maggot or salmon roe. What kind of hook and bait do you use in USA?

The picture is the scenery on Hibara Lake today.

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Mar 04, 2017, 11:27 AM »
アイダホ氷釣り:各釣り糸に5つのフックを付けた5つの釣り糸で釣ることができます。
ミミズはトラウトとコカニーの選択です。
小さなルアー、治具、氷の刃は、パーチの選択です。
時にはカットベイト(刺身)を使用します。

イエローストーンの温泉はとても危険です。
冬のイエローストーンアクセスは非常に厳格で規制されています。
ツアーガイドによるエントリーのみ。

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Mar 04, 2017, 08:23 PM »
I might just leave the hot springs to Kousui then. Lol  ;D. Thoat looks good for jokes as we call Kokanee. I will post what I use next time. I like to be able to look down the hole to see the kokes when I fish for them, because they are such light biters then I know when they are there and my rods are made for bigger biters. I will also use a spring bobber to help indicate a bite.

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 05, 2017, 02:16 AM »
>kousui-san
Thank you for comment. I see, you use 5 hooks for kokanee. In Japan winter trout fishing is ban. I am jealous for ice trout fishing. It seems that many dangerous zone is in Yellowstone National Park. I am glad that there are hot spring facilities like you know in the neighborhood ...
>kyle-san
Thank you for comment. It seems to be very fun to catch kokanee in an ice hole. We usually use ground bait that is krill powder. I am very interested in that tackle. I am looking forward to your post.

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Mar 05, 2017, 05:35 AM »

冬にはマス釣りが禁止されていますか?!?  残念ですね!!!

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Mar 05, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Niru-san, Kyo wa ego dake.... I had not been ice fishing since 2011 let alone read or post on this forum...gasp!!! work issues...
So, this year i make it out for one day, drill some holes, 10, drop my allowed 5 lines with 5 hooks on each line and wait for the show. it was good to get back out on the ice. i finally logged on to iceshanty and saw this posting....Showing the flag on a ice shelter..... i looked at Niru-san's avatar and knew exactly where that was...Hibara-ko!
15 years ago i jumped at the opportunity to go the Japan on an ex-pat assignment in Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima-ken. And, while i was there i had the opportunity to go wakasagi fishing. wakasagi sounds more palatable than "pond smelt", so call it wakasagi.
Aizu(wakamatsu) City Office organized a "Day of Fishing for Wakasagi at Hibara-ko", 3000 yen/24$/pax and we would all enjoy "wakasagi-no-karaage", deep fried wakasagi. hoot hoot, sign me up.
Here are a few pictures from my experience wakasagi fishing on Hibara-ko........

...0730, cold, and no holes in sight. waiting for our transport to the "golden hole".......

this is what is known as a "Hokaido-Sleigh Ride".. stupid cold, touch anything and you get stuck to it, 35 mph, Siberian cold...

we were all thinking the same thing... 3000 yen to sit in a tent?

definitely wont fit in that one....

ah so desu ka... the big one over there....

elbow room only with an extra helping of kerosene heat. we got our "day of fishing" that was about 3 hours line time and the rest of the time shuffling back and forth. all the wakasagi caught bewteen all of us would not have been enough for a single serving fish fry. still, and great experience.

...今日のキャッチ...またはキャッチとリリース..

looking North across Hibara-ko from Bandai naka no yo Onsen

looking South from Nishidaiten across Hibara-ko to Bandai-san

Hibara-ko after ice-out, from Bandai-san

お世話になりました。

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:12 AM »
>kousui-san
Thank you for wonderful pictures. Are you the one that is reflected as a Japanese beauty? :) :) I am jealous! You had good experience in Hibara. Lake. Everyone here, these pictures show my favorite Japanese ice fishing.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Mar 06, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Great read guys thanks for the pics ,looking forward to more. :)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #85 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Niru-san
Any ice yet?        ???
-12* f here now .
Have had good ice for 2 weeks now....

Offline ISU_Cake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 27, 2017, 09:56 AM »
This is really awesome to read about! Please, continue posting your adventures and good luck fishing!
Living the Dream

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Dec 27, 2017, 11:56 AM »
>dacker-san

In Japan several lake have good ice, we can do ice fishing. I’m going to go to the lake where is about 400km far from here on next Saturday. Target fish is Whitefish. I’ll post that situation on next Sunday.

>ISU_Cake-san

Thank you for comment. :)
I intended to post other new topic, but I will decide to post here again.
The picture is the dome boat before the lake frozen. We do smelt fishing in it. There are over 10 boat contractors in this lake.
The fee is about $35 on one day with a fishing ticket. Smelt fishing is very fishing with high gaming characteristics, people are crazy about fishing a lot.

Offline niru_04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 31, 2017, 04:00 AM »
I went ice fishing to Tateiwa Lake in Nagano-pref. Maybe the lake was first frozen lake except Hokkaidou in Japan.
The thickness of ice was about 6 inches. Catch was only 16 smelt for 3 hours, but I enjoyed it enough.

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Dec 31, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Niru-san... 明けましておめでとうございます!!
ワカサギ !!! wakasagi kaarage! my favorite izakaya food.
I have been to Nagano-ken but not for ice fishing. 槍ヶ岳 ... 大キレット...奥穂高岳. 非常に美しい.
カンパイ!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.