The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Michigan Fishing Map  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Fingerlakes Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • She thinks my shanty's sexy
Michigan Fishing Map
« on: Oct 25, 2005, 06:53 PM »

Anyone have a clue?  I have been racking my brain trying to find a good detailed map of Wamplers Lake in Brooklyn MI.  I can not or the life of me find a good nautical chart or contour map.  Any locals have a a map like this that they would like to sell copies of (even if I  have to tape the multiple pages together like a puzzle) or know an out of the way place that sells one?  A good one that can be printed can not be found on the Internet obviously because of printing problems and everything is distorted.  I have searched every website possible.  I do not mind paying a few bucks for one, just can't find one.  I have good maps of Lake Simcoe, All of Lake Erie, Central and Western NY, Thousand Islans Area, Salmon River and the Finger Lakes and am willing to trade.  Anyone have any ideas?

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
Re: Michigan Fishing Map
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2005, 06:07 AM »
Not sure if you tried this site or not but I thought I'd try to help:

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBRARY/PDF_MAPS/INLAND_LAKE_MAPS/JACKSON/WAMPLERS_LAKE.PDF

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2005, 12:35 PM »
That DNR is pretty good it will show you all you need to know about lake contours. But you really need to prefish the lake some finding the good weeds is the key to fishing Wamplers.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.  Fishdaddy- I have the dnr map and have been studying what I can.  I just cant read the depth numbers real well.  I am trying to put together a plan for the lake before I step foot on the ice.  It makes passing the time until we have ice more enjoyable.  I do this for all of the lakes I plan on fishing that season.  It is the next best thing to actually getting on the water.  Nothing like sitting around at the picnic table in August with an ice cold beer and trying to put old fishing articles and posts onto a lake map.  Any info always helps, especially on big water like Simcoe.   

Offline Mule Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Fingerlakes,

You comming up to fish in the Trap Attack contest this Winter ?
 I am a local and may be able to get a print out of that lake map if you still wan't it. Knutson's sells them. I'll be going up there in a few days and check on it for ya.
I love the  smell of fresh Pike Slime in the morning.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Hey Mule Skinner.  I am coming up for the tournament.  It would be great if you could get a copuy of one of those maps and mail it to me.  Send me a personal message if you can get a copy and I will give my address.  Let me know how much I will owe you.  I appreciate it!

Offline tejag2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Hi fingerlakes, This half of the Marine team, we will see you on wamplers this winter, great times by one and all. The map you have from the dnr is close to the one you get from Knutson's. The sportsman publication book has a good map for 19.95 southeast michigan is good and a ton of other lakes is listed. If you are around Thursday evening come to Jerry's and warm up and we might have a brew, if they have some left. Either way Terry say's hi and Gog luck in the tournament, we will be there.

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I got a map book several years back and I use it all winter on the bigger lakes.
It's full of all kinds of helpful info too.  It's called Fish Michigan 100 Southern
Michigan Lakes by Tom Huggler.  It says that you need a state parks sticker to get into Walter Hayes State Park and that the best winter fishing is in the weedbeds
especially in front of the channel leading to round Lake [in the park].  Don't be
too suprized if you only catch potato chip size gills as it gets overfished.

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:32 AM »
tejag,

I will definately see everyone for a beer at Jerry's on Thursday.  Hoping to leave Buffalo Wednesday night around midnight.  Only about a 5 hour trip for me.  I appreciate all of the help on the map issue.  Thanks everyone.  Later.

Kevin Jones

Offline tejag2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:09 PM »
fingerlakes, when you get to Brooklyn, go to knutson,s bait they have maps there. or you can visit your local wal-mart or the equal and pick up South-eastern Michigan map books by Sportsman connection. If that doesn't work I will let you look at mine after the tourney

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.