Author Topic: February Melt  (Read 389 times)

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
February Melt
« on: Jan 26, 2024, 07:58 PM »
What a crappy ice year so far.  Ice touney at Blue was a wind festival (Tired of seeing dinks win that thing too). Good thing shelters weren't allowed.  Most would have ended up 2 miles east on 149. Not to mention the fact the real laker basins have yet to freeze and looking at the weather next week they probably wont. Oh well.

Hiked into a lake only to miss the trail turn in the deep snow.  Spent half my day hiking and 2 hours fishing. Went to a different lake few days later only to catch 10-12" splake and a few brooks. Snowed most of the day. At dusk there was 6" of slush and 15" of snow, 4" being new. The 10,500' of elevation sucked my energy fast post holing off the lake.  Didn't expect that much slush to show over the day.  Lesson learned; bring the snow shoes despite conditions.

So I'm thinking Perch this Sunday at Blue and maybe an early week trek into Taylor as it's going to be warm. 

Hope all your hard waters days have been better than mine.  Short of falling in I've set a really low bar for y'all this year. Lololol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.