Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1680427 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2580 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:15 AM »

They didn't offer it until I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau .....  amazing how effective that is!  ;D

At best it appears to be false/deceptive advertising to get more orders along with the loss leader  .....  at worst it is.

For these coolers it's possible to get a great deal on the bigger ones too ....  it takes the $7.05 and adds $65 dollars or whatever so the $30 quart is only $75+-

The bigger one is $79 at cabelas with free shipping and you will get it. With the gc from ebay you can get it for 20% off. I see your point but don't expect these to ship. I may file the bbb file though like you said. Making a mistake is one thing, but how they deal with it is another. They still have it on their site that way and if they didn't catch it by now they are asking for trouble.

My order does say shipping out today....will believe it when the box is on the porch(with the correct contents in it).... :)

Offline erie eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2581 on: Feb 26, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Check out their rating at BBB, I dont think it will matter if you threaten them the list is long already. You have to put yourself in their shoes would you want your feet held to the fire for every error your employees keyboard made, Not me.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2582 on: Feb 26, 2018, 01:18 PM »
Check out their rating at BBB, I dont think it will matter if you threaten them the list is long already. You have to put yourself in their shoes would you want your feet held to the fire for every error your employees keyboard made, Not me.

I don't plan on threatening. I plan that the price mistake order will simply be canceled. Now, unlike many others, they did charge my card immediately and it has already posted. Other retailers usually don't process the payment until the time they actually ship out. By no means do I expect to get this bait cooler for $7+shipping. Again though, Gander outdoors did give out $25 off $25 and honored it, so many people got items for free for shipping only. We will know more soon, as the order is scheduled to ship out today.

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2583 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:08 PM »
They are still showing it at the $7.05 price on their web-site. I ordered one a few minutes ago... $16.95 shipped.
If it is a pricing error then they sure aren't setting any speed records correcting it.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2584 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I just got an email a few minutes ago saying my order for the engel coolers has been cancelled.  Oh well. No harm trying for me at least.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2585 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:35 PM »
I just got an email a few minutes ago saying my order for the engel coolers has been cancelled.  Oh well. No harm trying for me at least.

No surprise there....when did you place it?

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2586 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:37 PM »

Worked on Bass Pro .....  plus it's kind of a principal thing to me  >:(

You can still add it to your cart as of 3:40 PM ....  but they are cancelling orders??    I really don't get it
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2587 on: Feb 26, 2018, 03:00 PM »
From other forums, I'm reading people are getting order canceled notices.  I'm sure a couple may slip out but I bet their sales volume of that one SKU exploded over the weekend and that was enough to trigger a red flag.  If not at CarID, it will with Engel as it seems CarID is drop shipping these.  I ordered Friday and still no word from them.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2588 on: Feb 26, 2018, 03:15 PM »
From other forums, I'm reading people are getting order canceled notices.  I'm sure a couple may slip out but I bet their sales volume of that one SKU exploded over the weekend and that was enough to trigger a red flag.  If not at CarID, it will with Engel as it seems CarID is drop shipping these.  I ordered Friday and still no word from them.

If/since they are cancelling, they are probably doing it last in, first out, meaning those that first ordered Friday will be the last ones to get cancellation on these....I am not too upset as long as they promptly refund money. Like stated, it isn't that mistakes don't happen in business, it is how the business deals with them that separate a wanna be business from a real business.

I for one always make things way right for our customers when we mess up in our small biz(sometimes it shocks me how we get to that and usually when it happens it is several things at once, just like in life). Within reason, but I yet have to meet someone not accept the apology and usually actually spend even more as they enjoy the service.

UPDATE: Looks like they corrected the mistake on their site to $63. Someone will be getting talked to for sure. It's shocking how long it took them to correct it.

Never mind, apparently their site has several ways to get to the same product.....still available for $7.05

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2589 on: Feb 26, 2018, 03:35 PM »
No surprise there....when did you place it?

Yesterday moring. Must be doing it last to first like mentioned above.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2590 on: Feb 26, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Got my cancel email, oh well

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2591 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Got my cancel email, oh well

Me too
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2592 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:57 PM »

Offline snowmandan76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2593 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Yeah ordered mine this morning got cancelled tonight

Offline clmiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2594 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:24 PM »
I didn't order an Engel, but I ordered other stuff and have not received a Cancel notice yet.

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2595 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:31 PM »
I saw the Engel.  After a bit of research I am pretty sure that for $7 you are purchasing the net insert, not the actual unit.
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2596 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:41 PM »
I saw the Engel.  After a bit of research I am pretty sure that for $7 you are purchasing the net insert, not the actual unit.

Nope it was the full unit, price mistake

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2597 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Even shipping emails don't mean a thing, they can always recall the shipment prior to delivery.

I received a e-mail stating the item was currently NOT AVAILABLE.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2598 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Mine got canceled.

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #2599 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:26 PM »
advertised, posted, on a sticker, whatever---they would be obliged to sell it here in Canada.

This is what happens in the US;

Please be advised that Engel® - Live Bait Dry Box/Cooler that you have purchased on CARiD.com is currently unavailable.

The order# 24776562 is automatically cancelled.

Your funds will be refunded back to the same account within 24-48 hours.

Thank you for understanding.
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline 830king

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2600 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I got a 8" k-drill on that overtons 30% off sale. Total was just under $210 shipped. Says it on backorder tho so it prolly won't see ice until next year

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2601 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:57 PM »
I know the feeling.  I impulse bought a Helix Ice 7 @ Overtons because everyone keeps raving about them.  However, if it takes too long to fill the backorder, I may cancel my order as I'd hate to get it after ice season only to see HB release a new model next ice season.  It's not like I NEED it.  My FLX-28 treats me really well.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2602 on: Feb 27, 2018, 06:40 AM »
That's the thing with deals, the hotter they are the more unique they are and more likely not to go through. Has been that way since the day that internet shopping began. Of course you can always score in a b&m store, but replicating deals is not usually possible that way and doesn't always work nation wide.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2603 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:24 AM »
This is what happens in the US;

Please be advised that Engel® - Live Bait Dry Box/Cooler that you have purchased on CARiD.com is currently unavailable.

The order# 24776562 is automatically cancelled.

Your funds will be refunded back to the same account within 24-48 hours.

Thank you for understanding.

me too. I sent email and asked for an explanation since the site said in stock

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2604 on: Feb 27, 2018, 01:13 PM »
me too. I sent email and asked for an explanation since the site said in stock

I chatted with them, they actually said I can receive the order if I wait for 3-5 days. Then the chat disconnected....myster ious company.

Update: upon reconnecting they are now fessing up to a price mistake...still, kinda garbage company as they charge cc prior to shipping anything out, and take 3 days to notify you about price mistake. They did offer a $15 coupon for my trouble which in their case equaled their shipping charge. Not really interested to shop with them for anything.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2605 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:04 PM »
I did like many others here, placed my order and paid with PP immediately. I got the cancellation notice 2 days later and am still waiting for my funds to be returned. I have seen this a few time before and there really is no reason to get bent out of shape over it. I actually get more upset when I need an $8 dollar item to repair something and they charge me $9 to ship it.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2606 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:11 PM »
I hope those of you who ordered big ticket items from them didn't get charged prior to shipping. I made an order over 2 months ago. They offered no updates as I was waiting for a shipping confirmation. after calling in and complaining they told me two or three week back order. That was over 6 weeks ago. The deals are always enticing but I will never give that company another dollar on principal alone.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2607 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I hope those of you who ordered big ticket items from them didn't get charged prior to shipping. I made an order over 2 months ago. They offered no updates as I was waiting for a shipping confirmation. after calling in and complaining they told me two or three week back order. That was over 6 weeks ago. The deals are always enticing but I will never give that company another dollar on principal alone.

Are you talking Overton's or CarId? I am not sure there has been any deal posted from CarID before? In fact I never heard of them before this Engel deal/non-deal.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2608 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:28 PM »
I'm sorry I thought I saw earlier they were a sister company. Must have messed that up. I am talking overtones.

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2609 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:34 PM »
I emailed them back engel cooler and told them I am ok waiting till more come and here is their reply.

We are really sorry to inform you we are cancelling your order due to the incorrect price listed on carid.com product page. There was a system maintenance and the mistake occurred. The issue has already been addressed and you are refunded in full. Please check your credit back on PayPal within 24-48 business hours. Your understanding is highly appreciated!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.