Author Topic: Livescope/Panoptics  (Read 392 times)

Offline Beebs

• IceShanty Rookie
Livescope/Panoptics
« on: Mar 17, 2024, 10:26 AM »
Any recommendations on Garmin, Lowrance, Hummingbird, etc. Your experience using them , preference ? Pricey so would like to know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Livescope/Panoptics
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2024, 01:13 PM »
I got an older Garmin Echo and it does all of what the fancy things do. No gps or any mapping or camera hook ups no real bells and whistles. I paid $200. The guy who sold it to me saw it in action the other day and commented on it looks just as good as his 5k Hummingbird... Depends what you are after... we use it casually, we don't depend on it, nor are we addicted to it!
We don't mark holes or anything... but we caught a slug of fish this winter, with it and without it. Sometimes for us it's just an expensive sounder :Lol... but cool to see the fish action. I think its great if you are hunting for schools of perch. drilling holes all over the place... we are slightly less aggressive, more focused on the grill vs. schools of perch...
We had the rotisserie, battery and inverter up to the bobhouse last week...for a chicken, you get the picture? We do love to get the chairs out drill 3 holes, one each for jigging and one for the garmin, can be a blast on the right day in the right place! good luck

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Livescope/Panoptics
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2024, 08:26 PM »
I’ve been debating getting one for a while. My brother has had one two ice seasons now and this year he finally had it dialed and pretty much convinced me to get one. He has the Garmin Livescope LVS32 on a 93UHD.

One thing I’ve noticed is a large majority of YouTubers that ice fish use Garmin. Even Clayton Schick who was using MegaLive for the longest time is now using Garmin. Those guys are using it more than most so to me that speaks for itself. Not to mention Garmin was first to market with it.

The only down side is it’s clunky and heavy and expensive. I just got the Garmin 106 because it has the most pixels per inch, but the larger the screen, the larger the battery you will need. I plan on picking up LiveScope Plus (LVS34) near blackfriday.

Not sure I’ve seen any ice fisherman use Active Target, but I’m sure there are some. 
Tight Lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.