Author Topic: snyder Lake, schoolcraft county,seney twnshp.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline lil-skipper

• IceShanty Rookie
snyder Lake, schoolcraft county,seney twnshp.
« on: Jan 18, 2008, 03:18 PM »
   I would like to know if anyone would like to express their opinions on the closing of the Dnr boat landing @ Snyder lake. The information that I was able to acquire from the Newberry Dnr field office was that, the state of Mi. did not ever own the land where the boat landing is located, instead that piece of land was leased to the state. The land was privately owned by some logging co. and sold to another logging co. who then decided to triple the amount of money to the state for the new lease. The state decided that the new raise in the lease was way to high, and I must agree , with the state, especially when you consider how poor the state is currently. My suggestion to the state was to claim imminent domain, but the person that I talked to explained that although the state could do that, they would not do this because they haven,t used imminent domain in over 40 yrs, and they would never consider using imminent domain for recreational property.  that being said, I must admit that not being able to park and use my traveler to land the boat puts quite a crimp in any ambition to want to fish for those good perch that are in that lake. It does upset me to this point, before any innocent fisherman knew of any of this going on  there were some fisherman,s cars, trucks, & trailer damage done, so to keep any one from using this boat landing the new owners put large boulders across the road to keep fisherman with vehicles,trailers & boats out.  what really puzzles me is that you can still hunt the land there as long as you don,t park there. If anyone has any ideas, or opinions, it would be cool to hear them. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.