The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Bitely/Baldwin  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Hux

• IceShanty Rookie
Bitely/Baldwin
« on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Wanting to head to my cabin and do some ice fishing. Wondering if someone from the area could give me an ice report? PMS welcome as well rhanks.
FEESH ON!

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bitely/Baldwin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2018, 10:43 AM »
I am guessing the cabin is in the Bitely/Baldwin area.  I am a little south of that area and my pond was open this morning.  I have been checking a few of the lakes and were locked up last week but it rained all night and was 48deg at 6am this morning.  Cold front moving in this afternoon and looks good for the 10 day forecast so should not be long to tightened things back up.  I would guess Cadillac and Houghton would probably fair the best and recover fastest from the past couple days of weather.  I will headed out next week with spud and gear to look around again, be careful if you are up over the next few days.

Offline Aataxidermy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2018, 04:51 PM »
We have a cottage in Irons just north of Baldwin  I just got here and check the ice off the dock and I can  ram the end of a broom handle through not good

Offline Hux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Thanks you guys
FEESH ON!

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2018, 05:33 PM »
Checked a few lakes around the area today around Bitely.  Saw a couple guys out on Ice that was about 2-3" maybe, shore ice was not that good I did not go out to check further.  I watched one of them drill a few holes, walking straight out from where they had setup and it did not take but a couple turns of the auger and he was through.  I might try Tuesday on a couple other spots I checked, walked out a ways on the one spudding all the way and about 3".  Another warm up towards the end of next week looks like.

Offline Hux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Thanks for the report netminder appreciate it!
I ended up at Lake Mitchell we got 16 nice specs, but we fished dawn to dark. Never caught anything in the evening was strange.
FEESH ON!

Offline Hux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Saw a shanty on Pettibone and some people on another un mentioned lake. So it must be getting better.......but now its pouring #!*@%#!
FEESH ON!

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Funny, I checked Pettibone also but did not see anyone or sign anyone had been out there yet.  Not sure how the rain will affect ice conditions as it is still cold and likely will be snow later this evening so when I go check tomorrow it will probably be slush on top of 3-4".  Stay safe.

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Any help with current ice conditions and how much snow is on the lakes?
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline Hux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I was on 4 plus inches last weekend and I heard it has held up decent this week.
FEESH ON!

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Not much snow, I would say less than 2" on all the lakes I checked yesterday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.