The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 106996 times)

Offline Ize

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:17 PM »
I'm the guy drillin with a flippin heavy 9" jiffy legend in the quickflip III starin at a vex with all the fish floppin on the ice and no minnows left cuz I forgot to bring snacks!  ::)

I don't use tip ups very often cuz they just educate fish and I never have any live minnows left anyway.  >:(
If ya dont find em at least you can eat ur minnows!

Offline madmatt192

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:07 AM »
I'm the good looking guy on the ice ;D

Red ford four door, sometimes with a truck camper. I'll be at sulpher creek friday and try anvil this saturday.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:22 AM »
I'm the guy with the long  :afro: .  i drive a pewder colored 01 F150 extended cab that could be pulling an awesome 1975 orange and white teton camper. usually take my Polaris 800 sportsman and 6 extra tipups. got all the gear. usually carry my armalite AR50A1 just in case the auger don't start.  :whistle: :whistle:
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:56 AM »
I'm the guy with the long  :afro: .  i drive a pewder colored 01 F150 extended cab that could be pulling an awesome 1975 orange and white teton camper. usually take my Polaris 800 sportsman and 6 extra tipups. got all the gear. usually carry my armalite AR50A1 just in case the auger don't start.  :whistle: :whistle:

I used to work for Teton Homes a couple years ago....you look familiar what is your name farmer?

Offline chancemarquette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:22 PM »
hey, chance here from glenrock(21), i fish glendo strictly for walleye have learned to produce fish all year long throughout spring summer and fall but i have never ice fished and am looking to get into it wanted to see if i liked it before i bought all the gear i know the lake pretty well and i am confident i can find us some eyes if someone is willing to take me

Offline archetype_wyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:40 PM »
22 live in Buffalo, have my gear aside from an auger. Would like to try and ice some of those bass in Healy and maybe go out to the lake. Hit me up!
Life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. ~Bill Hicks

Offline WYOESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I'm new to the site. 27 years old and fish the Gorge every weekend all weekend.  I drive a strait pipped cummins and have a quick fish 4 hut and I often have a coors in one hand and a pole in the other. Swing by and shoot the breeze. ;D
WYOESKIMO

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I have been on the site three years, I drive a ? when it comes out of the shop. I fish when I can, and won't tell you the truth about where I fish or what I have caught. I don't drink and some have noted I am old. Now, wouldn't I make one heck of a fishing buddy?  See ya on da ice.
Thread killer

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:57 AM »
Well, heres a pic of me when I actually caught a fish at Boysen. no luck this year.  I usually drive a green nissan titan, and have a couple of rangers out when we go.  Occasionally have our hut out, it's one of those build it  yourself Cabelas huts with wood floor. 

good luck to all and tightlines.  :tipup:

laters
the Cator
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Matt R.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jeg er de beste eice fisker mon!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:34 PM »
My name is Matt, (duh) I am 35 live in Douglas, married w/ 2 kids. Tan/ grey GMC canyon, Drk grey 07' Toyota Tundra long bed.
I like to fish allot.

And yes I was attacked by a starfish,(At Glendo). ;D

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2011, 10:48 AM »
great picture Matt!

Offline JackofallFish7

• IceShanty Rookie
  • School sucks, I'm goin' fishin'!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 25, 2011, 03:50 PM »
James here in Laramie, not a lot of gear or money, but i got a truck a hut and a hand full of ice roads. Usually fish the plains lakes but wanna try to hit the alpine lakes one of these days, particularly Owen. Usually fish for whatever's biting, and will occasionally keep one or two to stink up a frying pan.
There is a fine line between ice fishing and just standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:24 PM »
James here in Laramie, not a lot of gear or money, but i got a truck a hut and a hand full of ice roads. Usually fish the plains lakes but wanna try to hit the alpine lakes one of these days, particularly Owen. Usually fish for whatever's biting, and will occasionally keep one or two to stink up a frying pan.
Welcome to Iceshanty Jack! hope you enjoy the site.

Offline coldweathergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Hey guys, Samantha here. i have all the gear and usually fish all the lakes around Riverton and Casper (when i'm working down there). I'll fish for anything that is biting! I'm the one on the right. Hope to see you guys out on the ice!

Yes i'm a girl, and yes, i'll out fish you.

Offline ratfink1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep some, eat some, and let some go!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:17 PM »
hay Matt cool pic I had that hapen to me with a octopus in Washington

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #45 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Hey guys, Samantha here. i have all the gear and usually fish all the lakes around Riverton and Casper (when i'm working down there). I'll fish for anything that is biting! I'm the one on the right. Hope to see you guys out on the ice!

(Image removed from quote.)

Welcome to the shanty Samantha,I really dont think you will have any trouble finding somebody to go fishing with you,matter of fact I bet you have more invites then the rest of us. LOL
BE SAFE
Randy

Offline coldweathergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Welcome to the shanty Samantha,I really dont think you will have any trouble finding somebody to go fishing with you,matter of fact I bet you have more invites then the rest of us. LOL
BE SAFE
Randy
Thanks fishlord  ;)2
Yes i'm a girl, and yes, i'll out fish you.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:03 PM »
Yep...agreed
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #48 on: Jan 26, 2011, 09:20 AM »
BE SAFE
Randy

X2

Offline JohnF

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Hi folks, John here. I live just south of Cheyenne.  ;) (yeah, my license plate sports a green bar along the top.)  1999 green superduty crewcab.  When I'm heavy I'll have an Argo on tracks with a black canvas top.  When light I usually drag a fishtrap.  See me in my Argo and want a ride?  Wave me down - no problem.  Got an ATV/sled and want to pull my fishtrap for me?  Stop for that too!  ;D  (summertime: green Lund - in case there are summer fisherman on here too.)  Use to ice fish Glendo all the time but haven't been in a couple years.  Often alone so I rarely have anyone to dump fish stories on.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:35 AM »

I have to show my girlfriend this post to prove to her that there are actually WY female icefisherpeople. I've been trying to get her to join this forum the whole season.  I should make her a deal.....I will watch Jersey shore with you if you go icefishing with me and post a report. Crossing my fingers....
So many fish, so little time.

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I have to show my girlfriend this post to prove to her that there are actually WY female icefisherpeople. I've been trying to get her to join this forum the whole season.  I should make her a deal.....I will watch Jersey shore with you if you go icefishing with me and post a report. Crossing my fingers....

Yes but then you would have to watch jersey shore! Hardly worth the trade off :p no I hope u can get her on here, we need more girls to be a part of our sport :)
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Post up and reply if you want my other half to join the site.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline Squirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 27, 2011, 12:32 PM »
I am all in for more girls to be fisherman.  However, I agree with WForbes.  Watching Jersey Shore might be the worst thing you have ever had to do. I would recommend eating a hot plate of garbage before watching that show.

Offline sgpitman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:15 AM »
that's a nice buck in that pic wyo... and, um, is that a barrett .50 your holding?

Offline WYLINGIT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'cause they're tasty!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Welcome Coldweathergirl! ... A week and a 1/2 ago took a lady Ice fishing for her first time... She Caught one and is hooked!  ;D

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #56 on: Jan 30, 2011, 04:38 PM »
that's a nice buck in that pic wyo... and, um, is that a barrett .50 your holding?
No Shawn, that's an Armalite AR5A1. if you get up here one of these days with some free time, we'll have to go shoot her.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:41 PM »
I took my wife ice fishing (once) She hasn't been since.  It was our first date. I owned the lake and would have 200 fish days. Got skunked that day, but caught one that I wanted to mount!

Cheyenne here with all the gear (except a power auger).

Offline JackofallFish7

• IceShanty Rookie
  • School sucks, I'm goin' fishin'!
« Reply #58 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty Jack! hope you enjoy the site.

Actually joined up last year, just haven't been too active. Thanks though haha
There is a fine line between ice fishing and just standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline LukeMelchior

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:22 PM »
BE SAFE
Randy
I was thinking just the same

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.