The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo P1 Tank Holder Issue  (Read 729 times)

Offline IceMANCooketh

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo P1 Tank Holder Issue
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Just got a P1 and I can’t for the life of me get the metal strap that holds the tank in to clamp down.  Anyone else have this issue?  I must be missing something.

Offline WYcoyote

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo P1 Tank Holder Issue
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Same thing happened with mine. I worked on it for maybe an hour and a half when it first came out of the box. I had the correct size tank as specified in the owner's manual. (Coleman).
Ended up flattening all the bends in the latch and starting over using trial and error. Took it as somewhat of a challenge as I am a metal fabricator by trade.
It was not easy and did not start my relationship with my new auger on a very good note. Eskimo should address this as it wasn't close to working. I described my issue in the warranty comments.
However, everything else went well, and I am going on my first big trip with it this weekend. Testing went very good.

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Mine was extremely hard to latch down which gave me "hmm" moment. It works fine now. Did not adjust anything. Will keep an eye on it.

Cheers!
Houligan

Offline IceMANCooketh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I got a chance to call Eskimo, waited on hold for about 45 minutes, but it was worth the wait.  I explained the issue and they sent a replacement bottle holder.  I had it in 2 days.  This one works, I probably could have bent the other one to make it work.

Great customer service on this.

Offline cbach1981

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2018, 04:57 AM »
Same here. Tried for  about 10 minutes cause I had read this post before my auger arrived. Called them up, waited about 8 minutes, and had a new one on the way. Got it in 2 days, I'll be putting it on today. seems pretty common, but their customer service is top notch!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.