The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Stingray Help  (Read 455 times)

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
Stingray Help
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:52 PM »
I bought a brand new Eskimo Stingray last season and only got to use it once because of lack of ice. After the season i drained the tank then ran it dry. I stored it in the garage until now. I pulled it out today to get ready for the season and have a few issues. First one is it is leaking fuel really badly around where the gas line goes into the tank, didn't leak last year. Second one is when I try to prime it no fuel goes into the line. I pumped the bulb until my finger was ready to fall off and nothing. Took the fuel line off and blew thru it and it's not plugged up. I do hear air leaking somewhere if i put my ear near it when pressing the bulb. It's basically a brand new auger so I'm not sure what the issue is. D o i need a new tank? Any help is appreciated. I'm gonna call Eskimo also to see what they say. Almost forgot, I ran Opti-2 at 90:1 with startron last season.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Stingray Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:58 AM »
I would guess all your problems have been caused by one thing, Ethanol.  This stuff is down right bad, it eats through lines seals, and messes up stuff real bad.  The issue of getting no gas when you try to prime the line is probably being caused because there's a hole or holes in the gas line which is causing air to get in and preventing it from forming a vacume to prime.  I would go to your local hardware store and ask for an Ethanol resistant fuel line, the one I got this year is named Tygon and costed me $.85 for a six inch piece.  I would change out your fuel line and see if that fixes the problem which I'd bet will.  Also  you can check the fuel tank for leaks real easy.  All you need to do to check the tank is lay the auger in a position where the gas level is below the outlet (where the fuel line connects to the bottom of the gas tank), pull off the fuel line, press your finger firmly against the fuel outlet, stand it up, and see if it still leaks.  If it does not leak the problem is your fuel line but if it still leaks the gas tank has a leak in it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.