The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 10 inch blade on a used Jiffy Legend Lightning Model 77  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
I bought a used Jiffy model 77 from a guy last year and it cut all right for a while, then slowed down. I replaced the blade (model 1803) with a new and it cut good for a while, then slowed down, again.

I've been on the Jiffy web site and they seem to sell Model 77's with only and 8 or 9 inch drill/blade...

Do you think I have a mix-matched set? Should I replace the 10 inch drill and blade with a 9 inch ?
 ???
Any advice will be greatly appreciated... I'm gonna change the spark plug, 'cause it looks old... other than that I'm not sure... OH, I'm gonna change my gas, as well... I've been using a ratio of 4 oz. of 2 cycle oil to 1 gal. gas; and the website says to use 5.3 oz. to 1 gal. gas...

Anyway... anyone know more about the Model 77's and if they ever had 10" blades? or can they handle a 10" blade?

Thanks in advance,  ;D

Scott W. from Poland Spring, Maine.
Scott Wright

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: 10 inch blade on a used Jiffy Legend Lightning Model 77
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2005, 01:39 PM »
I believe they used to sell the model 77 with the 10 inch blade. Most of the reports I have read about them say that they could run short on power. Most people recomend a three horse for a ten inch auger. As far as our mixture, I would try fresh gas at the correct mixture. I use a synthetic oil mixed 100 to 1 in mine and have good results. Mine is a 2 hp jiffy stealth 8 inch.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.