The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Augers  (Read 999 times)

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
Augers
« on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:13 PM »
thinking about buying a H.T. enterprizes hand auger anybody ever used on? :tipup:

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline farmer ted

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Augers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Hello, never used a H.T. I have a Strikemaster Mora 5" that is getting close to its 500th hole on the original blades.It still cuts good. I looked at the H.T and the eskimo when I was buying the Mora and the blades didnt look as good. As long as you dont encounter any sand the blades should last around 3 seasons. By the way the Mora cost me $38.00.

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Thanks dude I'm a little pressed for cash,javascript:void(0);
Sad thats why i liked the H.T it is 37.99 shipping included, they had the Mora's at the local home depot cant remember weather they were 37  or 47 dollarsjavascript:void(0);
Huh

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline farmer ted

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Shrub, if you have a Gander Mt. near by, they have 6" Moras for $36.00. I had a six and eight inch Mora that I bought about fifteen years ago. I sold them last year and got a Lazer 6". The Lazer is nice, but is about twice as much as the Mora,and honestly I use my Mora more than the Lazer. If you cant find a Mora, I think you will be O.K with the H.T, A friend of mine bought an H.T back in '95 and he still has it and likes it just fine. Hope that helps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.