Author Topic: Clam runners  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Iceroach

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam runners
« on: Nov 13, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I want to most likely make some runners for my Yukon.  I'm wondering if you guys like the 2 runner system that Clam uses or is better to go with 4 like other manufacturers?   I think if you have a lot of gear in the sled, which mine will, the center of the sled might drag with only 2.

Offline Iceroach

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam runners
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I should of done some more searching.  Appears the 4 runners are the way to go.

Offline problyfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2011, 11:17 PM »
I just got a Clam Pro TC and purchased some UHMWR (recycled cutting board material) for runners.  I am putting two the full length of the sled 3/8" thick and one 1" thick 2' long down the center where the seat bracket rests.  My concern that after a lot of sitting the brace for the seat would start to really warp the bottom of the sled or crack it on the ends.

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011, 11:29 PM »
I would put one on each one of the runners on the sled.  Otherwise you might get some flex in the sled.  I put one on each one of mine on both of my clams.

Offline problyfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Yep that's where I'm puttin the 3/8" thick ones.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:20 PM »
I have used several diff runners and find the clam runners dont compare well to several other makes.  They just dont seem to be worth near what they are asking us to pay.   
I love the thickness of the Otter runners uhmw plastic.   almost a third thicker than clam and SS hardware - not coated steel
Sportsman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.