Author Topic: 81 ponds  (Read 3872 times)

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
81 ponds
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Would someone help me out with which side roads to use (east & west 215, 212 etc.) to access 81 ponds?
PM's welcome

Offline tornadochaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 81 ponds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:26 AM »
are you parking and walking, or driving on?  depending on snow/drifting, you can drive onto the NW lake or the east lake right off of 81, same with the SW pond.  Otherwise the some of the flooded gravel roads are used as well.  just depends on how many guys are driving on and if anybody is plowing to keep them open if they have drifted.  Swing into any local bait shop, open google earth or google maps on your phone, and somebody should be able to pinpoint where to go on based on where you want to fish.

Offline CommyPinko

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Drove by on Sunday and the snow was not an issue so people were getting on right off 81...  With the recent snow and high wind who knows how full the ditches are.

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:29 PM »
 Thanks for the help @)
I need to drive on or four wheeler on. I can't drag a sled much anymore. We drove up 81 to Brush lake a few weeks ago, but I couldn't see any real access to all this water.  I have learned there is a boat ramp on the west end?
 I don't want honey holes, I will work for my fish,... but I don't want to end up somewhere lost on a dead sea.

Offline tornadochaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 10:21 AM »
west side: more of a road that just dives under water...not a ramp.  If you look at google earth, there is an "island" that hwy 81 splits.  you can access the NW lake or the East lake by turning off 81 onto either part of the island.  The west side is basically isn't much more than an approach, but there is room for parking on the east side.

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Quick question...are there numbers of pike?
Thanks again for the help!

Offline andrew229

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Whisker, there are pike in the 81 ponds. I've never caught a muskie there but ive heard theyre in there too. On the west side the gf and p has signs telling anglers how to distinguish between pike and muskies so maybe they did stock a few in there. Good numbers of smallmouth, white bass, perch, walleyes, and pike can be found.

Offline tornadochaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:20 AM »
The musky are growing, with fish over 43" now.

Offline Walleye Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2015, 04:47 PM »
I caught one this summer trolling a #9 tail dancer in 15 FOW. Didn't measure but I would have said about 36" or so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.