The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Magnum III Plus Question  (Read 1848 times)

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strikemaster Magnum III Plus Question
« on: Aug 21, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Hi! I have a Strikemaster Magnum III Plus that was left for a couple of years with gas in it and not run.  Needless to say I started it the other day but it wouldn't stay running and was surging pretty good.  I removed the carb which required me to remove the gas tank.  I cleaned and reassembled and it started right up once the fuel got to the carb.  It idles perfect now.  The only problem is when I squeeze the throttle it does not rev up.  On the bottom of the carb there is the throttle shaft with a flange that meets the idle screw.  I turn this by hand and it revs right up.  Looks like there is a hole in the flange for a spring that I think may be missing.  Is there supposed to be a spring attached to this?  If anyone has this auger could you take a pic of this so I can see what it is supposed to look like?

Thanks!!!!!

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strikemaster Magnum III Plus Question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2016, 04:28 PM »
By the way, I made sure the upper horizontal spring was mounted properly with the spring ends inserted from underneath.  Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Strikemaster Magnum III Plus Question
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Also SeaFoam additive has worked wonders to fix many of fuel system woes. I add one ounce to  auger tank ..fill with proper mix ...start let it run ......choke it out to it stalls ... let it sit a while  ...then restart ...repeat if necessary 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.