The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Tanaka 270 Spark Plug Color  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Tanaka 270 Spark Plug Color
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2015, 07:27 PM »

I would like to add that Idahogator and Frank have provided some great information.

Thanks Mr T.     :bow: ;)2

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2015, 11:11 PM »
I would like to add that Idahogator and Frank have provided some great information. The low speed is not that vital, and should be tuned for idle. The rim around your spark plug responds to the idle setting, and the insulator tip responds to the high speed jet. You read the electrode for heat range.

I would love to have a nils, and agree they are the best auger out there right now, and many others would agree as well. Its the cost that keeps me and others away. A Nils will be my next auger assuming I save up some money in a few years.
Do some searching if price is holding you back. I got a refurb tanaka 270 shipped to my door for 325. I use a mora 8in on mine which is about 60 bucks if you dont already have one. Adapter was 22 bucks. So i have about 400 into my setup and its leaps and bounds over anything i have used. Nils is fine but if you run into dirty ice you will be in trouble fast. It happens with a mora too but an extra set of blades on hand is cheaper and quick to change. Just my experience. Mora rips on a tanaka.

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2015, 03:43 PM »
To be honest I couldn't even afford that. I'm waiting for a used one to pop up on craigslist for around $250. It seems they are very rare around here because the only used one I have ever seen for sale was priced just barely less than what you can get them for new. It sold quick too.
-Tom

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:00 PM »
To be honest I couldn't even afford that. I'm waiting for a used one to pop up on craigslist for around $250. It seems they are very rare around here because the only used one I have ever seen for sale was priced just barely less than what you can get them for new. It sold quick too.
  You will wait a long time. The Tanaka 260-270 drill is the same unit with a different handle configuration. better luck finding one of those. Handles can be had for like 70-80-
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.