Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Made it out

(1/2) > >>

UFCreel:
Got on the ice with my open water fishing partner. First time ice fishing together. Ice was 4.5 inches thick and very clear. Partner got two perch and a gill, all small. I moved around a bit as i am prone to do. I ended up with one 11 inch crappie, one small gill, and two decent 10 inch perch. All still swimming. Needless to say we are both a little rusty. We kept it short fished for 2. 5 hours. Was nice to get out.

PoleJerker:
Makes me jealous.  Wont be out in my neck of the woods for a while, no ice now and probably none in the near future with temps on the rise.

tylerg4:
I got out this morning in Champaign County for a couple hours.  Couple bluegills and a couple bass.  Had 2.5-3" of clear, black ice.  Hoping to get out again tomorrow morning before the rain.  They were eating good, all on plastics.

Philip:
Fished Sunday and Monday in the NW suburbs, caught plenty of gill and crappie. Think were going to lose our ice for a couple weeks

ElectricSlide19:
Wow really jealous! Hopefully going to be pounding some barely legal eyes and chasing flags this weekend just over the border. If anyone wants to join shoot me a PM. Around Kenosha area is what I was planning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version