New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Heading to 7th lake  (Read 1175 times)

Offline 10inches of ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heading to 7th lake
« on: Mar 08, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Never fished there before , can anyone give us some pointers? We will be parking at the boat launch. Thanks in advance.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Heading to 7th lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2016, 04:20 AM »
Never fished there before , can anyone give us some pointers? We will be parking at the boat launch. Thanks in advance.
If you read in the reports and conditions page on Fulton chain, tblaster said the ice is getting soft up there.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Looks awfully white out there.. I personally would wait til next year, especially if you've never been before. Don't get me wrong I love late ice.. I was standing on 22 inches of good ice last year on April 7th!!! This year tho.. I'm not pushing it, I bet we'll be looking at wide open water on April 7th this year which would be extremely unusual... Be safe out there and stay the heck away from the channel by the beach. Warm water is coming in like you wouldn't believe over there. All season my fish finder said the water temp was anywhere from 35 - 37 degrees.. Sunday It was reading 40 degrees everywhere I drilled. So be careful and use your judgement definitely bring a buddy and a spud and stay dry my friend!

Offline 10inches of ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2016, 11:51 AM »
 I ended up getting called in to work, thanks for the information though.

Offline imoutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:36 PM »
There was 2 guys on Seventh today, just out from the boat launch. Looked like they were in about 10 foot of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.