New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: newbie needs help with L.G lakers  (Read 4904 times)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: newbie needs help with L.G lakers
« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Glad you received some help. For the most part the site is very helpful.

Offline elkguide1107

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Funny thing is he was quick to jump and criticize, but offered zero input to the question.  But looking at the posting history, all I see is questions anyway...

Elkguide, wish I had taken a guided trip sometime down the beaverhead, just to learn like you said.  Can only imagine how many fish are in there, and how many I could have caught if I had some baseline!  Bballs, the one thing to watch out for, careful going into Tim Tollett's (sp?) shop in Dillon.   He's a heck of a salesman, can get you to drop $100 like nothing!  If by chance there's a big washout and the Beaverhead's high, you can check out Poindexter Slough it's not far.  I need another trip out there soon...

I TRIED to fish poindexter slough, but those fish are way too smart, talked to a local he said 1 or 2 fish in an outing is very good.  Fish were rising all over I caught NOTHING they are too smart for me.  Those beaverhead fish are like shootin fish in a barrell though I love catchin so much more than just fishin ;D lol

As for the lakers try spoons like the buckshot or white pimple.  id replace the trebles with very sharp singles, maybe tie some bucktail  and soem pearl flashabou on the single hook if you tie fleis
A bad day fishin' beats a good day of anything else (except elk hunting!)

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:30 PM »
I have always heard it refered to as a thread hijack. I see it on every forum I belong too. Some people even pride themselves on their ability to change the topic. The important thing to remember is this is a "forum", and is constantly changing. Thats whats great about it. How many times do I want to hear the same "stop cutting 12" holes" and "why you shouldn't use WD-40"?  ;)

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:57 PM »
see, you guys havnt talked ice fishin since they talked about traveling the world, I am correct, now you are just spittin about bull s.....t

ICE FISHING  remember the site !  daaa come on say someting about ice fishiung !

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:45 PM »
But here lies the kicker, the OP got some info he was looking for and enjoyed the pictures and other info added. Your posts were the only ones spewing crap.

Oh, you still haven't added your vast experience with the lakers, Mr. Lakerman.

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Yet guys to the west (Jager61 and crew) were hammering them. Just never know.
What makes fishing so much fun and so frustrating at the same time.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:19 AM »
Hey! How bout those Yankees??? Oh wrong site or maybe not? I got some helpful tips about lakers from this post and also enjoyed the pics. Thanks Newbie.

Let's get another topic going within these threads..  ;D

Yankees are hosed unless they make a trade ........    their pitching staff is horrendous compared to the competition, their new catcher is hurt, their DH shouldn't be their DH, their shortstop and closer are aging

I am a yankees fan but not too optomistic about this year  :o
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:20 AM »
see, you guys havnt talked ice fishin since they talked about traveling the world, I am correct, now you are just spittin about bull s.....t

ICE FISHING  remember the site !  daaa come on say someting about ice fishiung !

the tell us why you keep reading and posting on this thread??   ::)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #38 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Let's get another topic going within these threads..  ;D

Yankees are hosed unless they make a trade ........    their pitching staff is horrendous compared to the competition, their new catcher is hurt, their DH shouldn't be their DH, their shortstop and closer are aging

I am a yankees fan but not too optomistic about this year  :o
I'm a Mets fan and unless our starters are in a contract year we have no shot. Oh yeah how bout those Lakers on LG.

Offline explorer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:39 AM »
Good morning 1 fish on..this may help you on the Northen end of Lake George..you can park and get on the Lake at any of these spots...Rogers Rock campground..The Hague Beach in Hague..Silver Bay Association, parking across street from gym, behind house, look for parking sign on tree..Sabbath Bay, parking near the beach area..Hague Fish & Game Club has Northern Lake George Ice Fishing Tournament this Saturday & Sunday.. Even though it looks like you're a fine fisherman, they're holding a kids & novice ice fishing clinic starting 8am Hague Beach and the instructor is local HT Ice Fishing Pro Shawn Hayes..if this can help you, great but there are plenty of spots to get on the Lake in the Northern Region as I just pointed out..Good luck..

Offline Celt6

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Great advice, here, good luck to you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.