Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610328 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16890 on: Sep 08, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a beautiful day. Perfect for Apple picking. If we get out of court early enough tomorrow may stop at a local farm who has awesome apple pies. Prayers for all the EEE victims.

WallyWorld, it’s that time of year. Hopefully we get early ice.

Ice Wanderer, That’s great your shoulder is feeling better. Old orchard beach is very nice.

Mr Clean, That’s good you got your internet back.

Mason Eddie, I hope you got back ok and had a good vacation and didn’t get affected by Dorian.

Hunts2long, Hope everything is ok and your wife is doing well.

Tom Turkey, Hope you got the bathroom done.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.

I hope
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16891 on: Sep 08, 2019, 06:20 AM »
IF45......good luck tomorrow  ;)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16892 on: Sep 08, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a quick hello before getting some much needed sleep...we got home in the wee hours of the morning.

Had a wonderful trip, great weather with the exception of Hurricane Dorian which was the grand finale, WOW!
Happy to say we saw and lived through our first hurricane with window seats..something I hope we all never have to experience again! Hard to explain the feeling of watching a sand dune slowly disappearing that is holding back a ferocious ocean only about 20yds. away from the house, with 50-75mph winds...think my heart just skipped a beat again!   ;D
   Anyway...will get caught up to you all a bit later on...time for a nap!   :thumbsup:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16893 on: Sep 08, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Welcome back Eddie!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: Have a nice nap!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16894 on: Sep 08, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Welcome home Eddie!!!!! Glad you’re safe and sound!!!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16895 on: Sep 08, 2019, 10:19 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

Tough time getting on today. Guess I am the only one ???

Welcome back Eddie! Glad everything turned out. Get some rest Sir!

IW Hope you have a fantastic vacation :thumbsup: Safe travels!

45 Good luck tomorrow  :thumbsup:

WW hope you get everything done at fishing camp :thumbsup:

Rain, cool and dank here. I was going to start a tree job but this weather has been stiff as a board. The whole coming week is going to be either rain or wind.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16896 on: Sep 08, 2019, 01:28 PM »

Welcome home Eddie, I've been in 4 hurricanes, two was on our sailboat, 36 footer, the other two was on the coast down in Westchester county and
                   I was in a typhoon in the Navy out in Guam. I guess the typhoon is the same as a hurricane? ::) Never saw a sand dune disappear. That had to be
                   scary. Yikes. :woot:

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16897 on: Sep 08, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Eddie glad you didn't get sand blasted and loose a layer of skin.  Hurricanes, Tornadoes,  :nono: No thanks, maybe that's is why I hate  :%$#!: wind, gentle breeze is more my speed.  ;D
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16898 on: Sep 08, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day outside. No humidity. Tomorrow I get to go to court for the workers comp. the lawyer informed my wife the safety manager and the head of Human Resources is going to testify. I’m nervous about all this. With the headaches I have some memory loss.

Mason Eddie, That must have been very scary watching that sand dune disappear. Hope you had a good nap.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully the weather gets better during the week.

Ice Wanderer, Have a safe trip to Old Orchard beach.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a good night. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16899 on: Sep 08, 2019, 10:21 PM »
Good evening, nice day here can tell Fall is coming with the temperature high only reaching low seventies.
Ice Wanderer may the county/town's choice not to mill up old pavement or use tack coat between old and new pavement not come back and bite them in a couple of years. Safe travel and enjoy your time in Maine.
Wallyworld bad enough when I lived in the house mowing one small yard let alone the three you and Mr.WW do be your home and the fishing and hunting camps. Last time I had a serious case of motion sea sickness was while on a party boat fishing trip while on vacation at New Jersey shore thankfully it was only a four hour trip.
Icefisher-will will be thinking of you tomorrow try and stay calm answer questions to best of your memory. I'm more concerned when I loose the phone service .
Eddie glad your made it home safely hope you had a chance to relax today after all the road time. I've been through a few hurricane/tropical storms. Never seen anything up close like you describe Hurricane Irene back in 2011 caused the most major damage personally seen locally taking out one bridge.
IFF not a fan of severe weather either thankfully I have never been through an earth quake or tornado. Curious on why you stay in Colorado given the frequency of winds in the 20 mph and higher speeds.
Whopper Stopper may the weather allow you to start tree job this week.

Have a safe night.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16900 on: Sep 09, 2019, 01:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  As Steve mentioned, can feel Fall is coming. Weather guessers say it will drop to 47* this am, it’s 52 right now, high of 67 today.
   Thank You all for the welcome back!   :thumbsup:    It sure fealt good sleeping back in my own bed again, but must admit, I will miss the sun rising out of the ocean this morning.   ;D

Jeff...wishing you safe travels today and a wonderful vacation! Crossing fingers for good weather...enjoy!  :thumbsup:   
  I-45...You have waited a long time for this day, best wishes sent for your hearing today! Try not to be nervous and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. For what it’s worth, something a lawyer once told me was to keep my focus on the judge as much as possible when others are being questioned. We’ll be pulling for you buddy!!     :thumbsup:
  Bud...funny you mentioned sand blasted! One of my nephews went out to snap some pictures when the winds started letting up, lasted about a minute. Said it fealt like needles sticking him. 
  Marv...thanks for sharing all those videos, caught up on all of them yesterday...awesome! Congrats to the ladies on their fishing adventures! Hope you get a break with that weather and can get the tree job done!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congrats to you and Mr.WW on your fishing as well, excellent pictures! Hope you get another shot at some of those salmon. Heard they were taking some on the Salmon River recently.   :thumbsup:
  H2, Tom... hope things are going well for you guys!    :thumbsup:

Well, our trip was a great time. It was more of a family reunion on my wife’s side and time well spent with loved ones we don’t often see from Illinois and Kansas. Certainly didn’t plan on the hurricane, lol, but it will be a memorable occasion for each and every one of us...that’s for darn sure!   ;D
  Didn’t get nearly as much fishing in as planned, but fished at least once every day on the surf. Very little biting, we did catch some small croakers and my son Mike missed something very big which snapped him off, but other than that, it was very slow for us. Checked out the piers, some small bluefish were being caught and one Cobia was taken while we were there.
  Back to work today....totally clueless about what is going on there now, lol, maybe that’s a good thing?   ;D
  Will get some pictures together soon and hopefully Marv will be willing to share them...I promise not to overload his computer!   ;D
  Time to get ready for the first shift again....Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16901 on: Sep 09, 2019, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It is 47* here on my hill, I hope this weather isn't a prelude to what the winter is going to be! ::)
                      Eddie........I'm glad you had a good vacation, at least you got to wet a line.And it would have been nice to know what
             snapped Mikes line. ???  I hope getting back to work isn't to traumatizing for you after being off a week. :whistle:
                      Marv.........I hope the weather clears up for you so you can get that tree job done. :flex:
                      Steve.......The biggest problem on town roads are the logging trucks in spring, the roads are posted for no trucks over 6 tons but
            they run the roads anyway especially at night when no one is around. The weight makes the roads sag here and there being they ground
            being unstable as the frost going out. :o
                      I-45.........Good luck in court today, if you have time this morning you and your wife should write down some of the issues that
            your think you might need to be asked, I don't think it's illegal to do. ???
                     H2L...........We haven't heard much from you lately, I hope all is well? ???
                     Tom...........Is the bathroom done, I bet it looks great. :flex:
                     Well this will be the last post for me for a week, we will be gone till next Monday so it will take a while to catch up on what I miss.
                     I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16902 on: Sep 09, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

More rain moving in today with highs close to 70.

Eddie sounds like an excellent trip :thumbsup: Sorry to hear Mike got bit off :%$#!: Don't worry about computer overload this computer has a granny gear  :thumbsup:

IW safe travels and best wishes for an excellent vacation :thumbsup:

WW hope things are coming together for  your next adventure :thumbsup:

45 best of luck to you today at the hearing :thumbsup:

I have to pick the s-i-l up at a hitch shop in a bit and bring her to work. She is having a hitch put on so she can pull her kayak trailer with her new Buick. Then it looks like a good day to get the oil changed in my chipper and saws ready. I hope to start on some trees tomorrow if it doesn't get too wet. I have about 3 jobs that popped up so I don't want to get buried in work as we close in on hunting season.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16903 on: Sep 09, 2019, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

IW......safe travels and enjoy  :thumbsup: :clap:

IF45.....just answer the questions, nothing more, nothing less  ;)  good luck

WS....hope your weather clears up so you can get caught up on your jobs  ;D

Eddie....sounds like an exciting vacation  :o  slow & easy as you get back in the swing of things at work today  ;)2

MrC.....the charter we were on in Alaska was like a scene from " Deadliest Catch"  :o  not only was I sea sick but I was sure we were all going to die  :sick: :pinch: 

Got pretty much everything done at camp, came home and finished off the day mowing the lawn here at home  :-\  Not a lot planned for today  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16904 on: Sep 09, 2019, 06:21 AM »
54* again this morning. Guessed to get back to around 80 later in the week.

IW The bathroom is far from completed. All the shower needs is caulking. Then I need to pull the shower and  build a new vanity in it's place. To many days it seems like I am just spinning my wheels and getting no where any more.
The road commission in this county is totally worthless. You do not ride the white line on the edge of the road as it might disappear as the pavement is gone past the line. If not their is a 6 inch drop off  along the pavement. I forgot about a meeting the Assn had with the road commission a while ago. Prior to the meeting they patched a lot of holes that had been their for a long time and not patched when they patched others a short ways away. There is an Assn board meeting tonight so I will find out what BS the road commission spread.

Eddie It is good to here you did not get totally blown away by that beast. I am sure you will not forget the experience. It is too bad there was not more catching of fish. When I was in Wisconsin one time I got up early to watch the sun rise over Lake Michigan as I had only seen it set over the big lake.

Marv I guess I either need to hire you to come over and get rid of the moles in my yard or buy one of the traps you are using. With the shower install my yard is being neglected. I am going over  Saturday to haul in some fire wood and cover what is left for next year before the wife has her knee replaced next Monday. I am not gong to get then new blind built this years so I also have to do a little work on the old one as it is getting a little shaky.

I45 Good luck today. I am sure that your will get through it OK.

Time to get breakfast as I have to go to the local gun shop to buy a left over antlerless deer tag as I forgot to apply for one DUH

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16905 on: Sep 09, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. Eddie sounds like your vacation had some good action and some spooky action. IW enjoy your get away. I-45 wishing you well at your hearing. It's near bluegill time here and I'm rigging up some heavier set ups for the toothy critters my fishing compass seems to be acting strange again. I just hate it when I miss the gills. My sickness comes from losing a big one .with violent head shaking a year or 2 ago I'm thinking it was a muskie

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16906 on: Sep 09, 2019, 03:12 PM »
WE are alive and well. Both my daughters and our internet went out-of-service on Aug. 28. Phone company replaced the modems today. Wife is good and the fish have been biting...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16907 on: Sep 09, 2019, 03:15 PM »
Welcome back H2L.....so glad all is well  :thumbsup: :clap:  We are quite the bunch of worriers on here aren't we  ??? :roflmao:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16908 on: Sep 09, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, We got a surprise when we got to court today. The other side decided it wants to settle. So I didn’t have to testify. The lawyer is now calculating numbers. Workers comp settlement is not like personal injury. It’s based on a years salary then 60% of that. He calculated it for 4 years and that is around what he’s going to possibly ask for. We thought it was going to be a bigger amount. If we don’t agree then it goes back to court and that’s a whole different ball game. We’ll see what happens. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes.

Hunts2long, Great to have you back. Good your wife is feeling good and you’ve been out on the water.

Old Goat, Hope you get out on the water soon. How many rigs do you set up?

Tom Turkey, Hope you got your tag today. Renovations are never fun.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a relaxing day.

Whopper Stopper, Did you get the oil changed in your chipper and your saws sharpened? I miss being able to do tree work or anything around the yard. How did the hitch come out on your s-I-l car come out?

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a great time at Old Orchard beach.

Mason Eddie, Hope you had a good day at work.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. I hope everyone has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16909 on: Sep 09, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Steve, well winds here are tame compared to Livingston Montana, if the wind quit blowing there all the houses would fall down.  :whistle:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16910 on: Sep 09, 2019, 07:48 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

45 It sounds like things are moving in the right direction :thumbsup: Hope the numbers work and if they don't maybe they can be fine tuned a little. At least it sounds like you have their attention.

Rain all day with a good wind to go along with it. I never got to the oil change on my chipper. My neighbor is a Kohler dealer and I needed an oil filter from him. I'm not sure what he had going today but he wasn't around, maybe tomorrow. The s-i-l's hitch looks very nice, it took them 7 hours to get it on but she is happy with it.

I collected camera cards today. I picked out a couple hope you all like them.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16911 on: Sep 10, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm winds and 55*, high of 75 today.

Jeff...hope you had safe travels yesterday with minimal traffic, have a wonderful time!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...things are looking brighter...CONGRATULAT IONS!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Marv...looks like some of that rain will be here this week, hope today’s weather is better for you. Thanks for sharing the videos, great stuff!   :thumbsup:
  H2... glad to read all is well, excellent fishing weather....best of luck with the Walters today if heading out!   :thumbsup:
  OG...good luck with the bluegills and toothy critters Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Tom... hope you scored a Doe permit yesterday! Thanks for the reminder, I need to purchase my hunting tags and apply for a Doe permit myself.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...had a pretty easy day yesterday at work, but for some reason, I had the urge to crack a beer open at noon, lol. Back to Gatorade and coffee again...Doh!   ;D.  Good luck with the fishing if you’re heading out today!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s return to work wasn’t too bad...less depressing than I anticipated anyway, lol. It was good to see the crew and get back in the game again. I got lucky going on vacation when I did. They started another small project at the Mansion and I dodged that bullet!   :clap:
  Caught up on harvesting some veggies from the garden...pulled the last of the cucumbers, some peppers and pole beans. Won’t be too long before the garlic will be planted again, patiently waiting for the first frost.
  Tomorrow is the 18th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks...Never Forget! 
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16912 on: Sep 10, 2019, 04:46 AM »
Good Morning ER's good news I-45 it's been a long wait glad things finally worked out for you. I usually bring 3 rods but as you know when the fish are on fire 1 is all that is needed. For the toothy critters I rigged up 2; one for live bait and one for vertical jigging as I will be on land but with deep access. The gill outing didn't go well, The weeds look right but the temp might be to high still. Time to change to a longer rod for next time. I did get 20 yard casts with the ice rod when I switched to a weighted bobber. 15 ft max casts with the thill tinys  recalculating for next outing. Have a good day all.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16913 on: Sep 10, 2019, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not sure what the weather is going to be like today. Cloudy out and supposed to be humid. It is good news about the settlement. From what the lawyer says if we turn the settlement down and it goes back to a hearing the judge could just dismiss the case. Will be interesting. End is getting closer.

Old Goat, Hope you get out soon and the toothy fish are biting.

Mason Eddie, Glad yesterday wasn’t to bad. That’s good you missed the work at the mansion.

Whopper Stopper, Hope the weather clears up and your able to get your tree jobs done. That’s good that the hitch came out good. Thank you for sharing the videos.

I hope everyone has a great day at work or on the water. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16914 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:24 AM »
48* this morning. Boy, do we like to talk. Over 3 pages weather, fishing pictures, turkeys, deer getting bigger, etc, etc. ONE person even went on vacation to see a STORM.

I did read all that I missed. Seems like everyone is doing well. Ice-45, I am very pleased that things are moving in the right direction with you.

The summer is over, I have the lake back and the fishing has picked up. Nothing big, but landing a 37" pike was fun on 4lb line. My cousin won 2nd in the contest on Sat. with a 19" walleye.
We went to NYC last Tuesday for a 3 month check-up. All is fine, they stopped 3 meds and started her on 2 new ones. One of the ones they stopped was pretty costly for us so that helps. She has a Dr. appt in Albany this morning.
Bowling started on Sunday and we took all 4 points. I bowled very well, now if I can keep it up.

Only one of the modems corrected the problem so TELCO has to come and replace the other one. For some reason I can use the desk-top but the wife can't  use the WI-FI. Has to be a setting in the modem.

Have a good day. Good to be back....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16915 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:42 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

69 heading to 80 with haze and Mr Muggy stopped by for the day :%$#!:

Eddie glad your first day back went well, hope the rest of the week goes good for you and the crew :thumbsup: Hard to believe the gardening season is already winding down :cookoo:

h2l glad to see you back  :thumbsup:

WW hope yesterday helped get the body energized :thumbsup:

It appears we get some sun today but the rest of the week will be wet. I am going to get everything ready for trees and most likely will just set my sights on next week for the biggest job. We have gotten so much rain this summer that most yards are touchy at best.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16916 on: Sep 10, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....good news on court, sounds like you'll finally be getting things settled  :thumbsup:

H2L.....glad to hear MrsH2's NYC appointment went well  :thumbsup:  hope you can keep up that pace all season on the alley  :flex: :bow:  got to love fishing after all the summer vacations are done  :thumbsup: 

WS.....sounds like your fall weather is a repeat of spring  ::) hope the sun stays out next week  @)   that's a nice little buck stopping by for a snack  ;)  saw 2 bucks grazing on apples here a couple weeks ago, managed to stay out of camera range tho  :(  there's a doe and her 2 fawns and a yearling doe that visit the apple trees twice a day like clockwork  ;D

Eddie.....glad the return to work wasn't too bad  :clap:  only thing left in my garden are the cubanella peppers, they'll stay till frost hits  ;)  pulled the bells last night and had stuffed peppers for dinner mmmmmmm good stuff   ;)2  almost time for a trip to Salmon River  ???

TT.....sounds like you have a pretty full plate right now  :o  at least if the shower is finished MrsTT will be set after her surgery right  ???  the rest of the bathroom can get finished after  ;)

OG....hope the fishing improves as temps start to drop  :)

Some errands to run today, that's about it  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16917 on: Sep 10, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Good day partly cloudy sky heading to eighty today. Latest update on trail for stabbing at my work place. Jury selection was supposed to start yesterday will now be delayed accused is getting new legal aide lawyer prosecutors have new witnesses one of them was represented by same legal aide lawyer in the past so defendant needs new lawyer. He is charged with second degree murder and his legal team is pursuing insanity plea prosecution claims he was sane at time of stabbing as evidenced by his choice to purchase and use street drugs. I will put a hyperlink to newspaper website at end of this post.
Eddie glad you had a nice vacation even with the limited fishing time and slow action. May the change back to work be an easy one looking forward to the photos.
Whopper Stopper may weather allow you to complete the tree jobs before start of hunting season. thanks for the latest trail camera videos.
Wallyworld your description of sea during Alaska trip leaves me feeling :sick: before to long it will be time to change from lawn mowing to leaf raking. starting to see some color change in my area.
Tom Turkey may you get most of bath room work completed before wife's surgery. All the best to her with the operation.
Old Goat may the fishing improve on your next trip.
IFF never been to Montana  just know how windy Colorado and Wyoming get at times from visits to relatives in Casper ,Wyoming.
Hunts2long happy to read only computer issue that prevented posting.Good to read your wife's health is stable may her body handle the new medicines without any problems. Best to you and your bowling team this season. Enjoy the limited activity on the lake and improved fishing.
Icefisher-45 happy for you and your wife things are moving with the work. comp claim. My humble opinion do not rush to a settlement talk with the lawyer and your doctors. the two of you know your finances and what medical expenses you already have plus legal fees which  will come out of settlement amount . You will also loose some money to taxes on settlement amount.  If in time doctors say not likely you will return to work of any type does taking this settlement affect a future disability claim. Just as the two of you want to move on from your accident so does your employer and their insurance company

Here is hyperlink for newspaper look fo new lawyer in fatal stabbing  case.   www.recordonline.com

Have a safe and good day best to all fishing .
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16918 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:15 PM »
77* with a  severe thunderstorm warning east of us. We did get almost an inch of rain when the front came through this morning along with Humid. Only a few days of him and Les should come back.

I spent a long time caulking it. The wife can try it out on Thursday. I got what I paid for when I bought the surround as it is warped so I had to put a few SS screws in it to take out the warping. I have put up a lot of surrounds and this one is the worst one I have had to deal with. Most of the ones I bought  for customers were purchased from Sears as they used to have a good selection for customers to pick from.

I wasted a couple of hours at an Assn. board meeting last night. To much time talking about things and not getting any thing done. I did get a good dig about people not being to get an answer from the 4 people issuing boat stickers. They would call the wife as they knew they could get some help from her. I did share some info with the guy that is in charge of the parks to help him out. The board has done nothing about the dead trees that I told them months ago that they were going to fall on the building. I did make a couple of the people unhappy when they asked me if I killed the pike that I caught. They want ever pike killed so they do not eat their precious LM bass.

H2L Good to see you back. I hope the withdrawal from this thread was not too bad.

I was able to get a permit yesterday. I got mixed up on the time when they went on sale so I spent some time visiting with the gal that does taxidermy in the back of the store. I saw her at the hardware store in the town a while ago. She had a few 6 inch lag screws. She said they were for the moose she was mounting. She had it setting in the shop drying yesterday before she could paint it. It was huge so it took up most of her work room. That was good for those waiting on bird mounts as that was all the room there was for her to work. The gal also traps. She had pictures of the bobcat she caught last year. Quite a gal.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16919 on: Sep 11, 2019, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Prayers and thoughts for all the Firefighters and police and first responders and the victims and their families who lost their lives in the horrific bombing 18 years ago. May they never be forgotten.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.