Author Topic: Garmin Echomap UHD2 7 SV  (Read 379 times)

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garmin Echomap UHD2 7 SV
« on: Jan 31, 2024, 08:56 PM »
What are your thoughts on this unit.  I’m thinking about getting one before the end of the season.  Looking for pros and cons if you have experience with this unit.

Thanks in advance

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Garmin Echomap UHD2 7 SV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2024, 06:26 AM »
Too small.  Get the 93 with a 9-inch screen.  Bigger screen and much heavier.  Plus you can use it for livescope if you go with that later.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2024, 06:32 AM »
I got the 10" screen this year with livescope.. only was able to use it 3x on the ice  but it's AMAZING (heavy too)
I'll be transferring it to the boat for open water as well

Offline eltigraska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2024, 09:46 AM »
I got the 73sv a few years ago and then got livescope a year or 2 later.  Its fine if all you ever are going to do is ice fishing with a normal sonar, I love the functionality of it but I'd echo (no pun intended) the others that its too small for livescope or if you're going to use it on a boat, especially if you want to look at the map and sonar at the same time.  I'd recommend at least 10" if you can swing it, of course thats where the biggest price jump happens

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2024, 06:15 AM »
For sure get at least a 9" screen.  When Livescope ice packages came out many people bought the 7" screens because of price, many regretted that purchase and upgraded to 9" or 10" screens.  Much cheaper to do it right the first time, even if you don't start out with Livescope, but want to upgrade later, you will still be able to use the same screen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.