Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607055 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22620 on: Feb 21, 2021, 06:12 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....and to think, the only things I've ever worried about encountering in an outhouse are spiders or snakes  :o

WS.....can't imagine trying to haul in a fish bigger than myself   :blink: 

IW.....nice you have a drive in basement  :thumbsup:

Shot #2 this afternoon  :clap:  hoping for nothing more than a sore arm again  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22621 on: Feb 21, 2021, 06:25 AM »
6* this morning and looks like we are going to be getting a little warm up this week.

IW, thanks for the offer. My nephew has been working doubles at the jail. He was off yesterday but I "allowed" him to go up North to ride some trails. He is coming down today to see what we can do to get it out. I didn't even try to move it yesterday.

WS, do the sturgeon spearer's pretty much stay at one hole, or do they do some moving around.

WW, I don't think there will any baking here for awhile. Wife gave up sweets for Lent so I guess I did also. Pie looks great.

Drifter, glad you get along with your neighbors, how many miles away are they?

This morning off the front steps, have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22622 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and sunshine, 12* with a high of 28 today.

H2...beautiful looking sunrise up there this am! Best of luck today getting the Jeep out... :thumbsup:
  Wally...best wishes with the 2nd vaccination’s today! The baked goods looked sooo good, nice job!   :clap:  Waiting to hear more from the nursing home, looking like window visits to start up again soon, and hopefully in person visitation not too far off....keep you posted.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...no Icefishing this am, but might see about the afternoon bite locally.   :tipup:   Thanks again for the updates, some really big sturgeon being taken this season!   :clap:
  Jeff...will definitely keep you posted on a possible trip up, would sure like to do battle with a few lakers this season!  :thumbsup:  Good luck with the 4 wheeler repair.
  Dave...like the look of that Can-Am, picturing that with tracks on it...SWEET!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Glad you had a good trip to the cabin....how deep was the snow up there?
  Tom...thanks for sharing the link...guess you just never know what you’ll encounter in Alaska, that’s crazy!!   :thumbsup:
  I-45, Capt.J...hope you fellas are doing well.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...agreed, that is a beautiful China set, sure would be nice to see it go to a good home all together...best wishes.   :thumbsup:

Got all the snow removal done yesterday, today I’m heading to the town building to see if anyone is on duty and try to get some rock salt or road mix for the driveway...it’s a big sheet of ice. Not certain they allow that anymore with the new administration, but will give it a try anyway.
  Just getting ready to start some sauce for today’s dinner....spaghetti, meatballs, and sausage on the menu.  Cawfee’s still on if anyone needs one.... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22623 on: Feb 21, 2021, 08:30 AM »

Good Morning ER's 20* here with a couple inches maybe later.  Eddie it would be cool if you and IW got a trip in. WW glad your getting the 2nd dose. That bear story was spooky; glad nothing more serious happened. Good Luck to anyone fishing today. Stay Safe

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22624 on: Feb 21, 2021, 09:18 AM »
WW the round baked goods ?  Corn Bread ?

Jeff, Eddie yes it was a tradition to use a lot of the China at Thanks Giving, with a matching table cloth sure was a pretty sight.  But now days the younger families have different tastes in table ware.

OG I see a web sight "Replacements LTD." that list all sorts of china, table wares, and then some.  They must have people that go to auctions ? to acquire such a vast amount of items listed.

Got a little more snow, looks of a winter wonderland, every tree branch has snow clinging to it, temp warming up some.  Leaning toward going camping for a few days in the high country before the next forecast of snow and winds.

I believe I will be taking a look if ever needing to use an outhouse from now on  :woot:
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22625 on: Feb 21, 2021, 09:46 AM »
IFF....pumpkin pie and banana oatmeal cookies

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22626 on: Feb 21, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Good day temperature heading to the middle thirties for the day's high currently blue sky and 10-15 mph winds. Tomorrow weather guessers say i will see a rain snow mix. One of the larger ice fishing contests in my area is being held today the group holding contest asked people not to bring ATV's because of snow depth and slush on lake will have to check the Southern NY. thread later to see if any Ice Shanty members attend the contest and posted a report.
Ice Wanderer given Lake George's size I'm sure ice conditions can be very different between the Northern and Southern parts of the lake. May the 4 wheeler light be a simple fix. I've have been fooling the Lake George BS thread and see members posting there about the parking problems.
Whopper Stopper may you and your wife be happy with your hair prunings. Did you get to your "shack" yesterday.
Eddie maybe 5-6 inches here from the last storm will loose snow cover this week if forecast is correct with daily high temperatures in the forties. Glad you and your coworker enjoyed working on the long House project. Best to you if you get out fishing this afternoon.
Hunts2long hope you can get the Jeep free today. thank you for the sunrise photo.
Wallyworld good looking cookies and pie. May you have no problems from the second vaccine shot.
Fish/hunt4ever happy to read you got home with only a few flight problems.may you find some time to fish while back home.
Iff best to you with any High Country camping/fishing trip. Just had a thought on your china check with some of the jewelry store in your area they might be interested in your collection iknow some of the private Jewelers in my area sell china that is new or estate collection pieces.
Tomturkey thank you for the link to Alaska bear story glad the women was not serious injured.
Drifter I saw your photos and post in your Cabin thread nice of your neighbors to clear out a parking spot for you close to your land. How thick is the ice currently on the lake by your cabin guessing several feet given your recent temperatures. I assume their is no Honda recreational vehicle dealership in the Yellow Knife area reason your visited a dealership while in Edmonton. If there is a Can-AM dealership by you it maybe a better choice to buy the Can-Am side by side so hopefully your can get parts and service when of if the need ed.
Old Goat hope all is good,any fishing plans for this week.

Have a good Sunday.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22627 on: Feb 21, 2021, 11:54 AM »
WS, do the sturgeon spearer's pretty much stay at one hole, or do they do some moving around.

This morning off the front steps, have a good day...h2l

h2l.....I can't speak for the majority, but know a few move around several times during the season especially if they have the means to cut a hole and get the block out.

You always get some that are content to be married to a spot. The old "Live or die by the sword mentality"

Some that go through a service change houses every few days just for different scenery.

Beautiful picture!!

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22628 on: Feb 21, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Whopper Stopper may you and your wife be happy with your hair prunings. Did you get to your "shack" yesterday.
Steve

We never did. It was still around -6 at noon so I got out voted for snowshoeing. My next trip up there will probably be with a chainsaw to knock down a big dead pine.  I want it down while there is still good snow for burning the brush.

The prunings went well  :thumbsup: I should be set until summer ;D

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22629 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:20 PM »
I am UN STUCK and the Jeep seems to be in one piece....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #22630 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:50 PM »
I got my second vaccination yesterday also. We'll see if any side effects.  :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22631 on: Feb 21, 2021, 04:35 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 9 of the sturgeon spearing tallies are in.

Hope you all have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Jay Young is on the board!  Speared this 64” 63# sturgeon this morning.  I believe it’s his first one but was hard to get the details
with all the celebrating going on.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22632 on: Feb 21, 2021, 05:09 PM »
IW I plan on calling in the AM tomorrow. I have the feeling what he is going to say though. I believe there are supply issues as he said they only had one 1000cc machine coming in this year so far.

Eddie there is about another foot of snow since the last time I was there after Christmas. Still managed to hit one rock so could use a bit more.

Steve ice is about 40" or so. Now Honda powersports dealer. The BRP dealer is allowed to sell smaller Honda OB's and generators etc but not allowed to sell Quads and SxS's because they also rep BRP. That Defender Pro has a 4'x6' dump box, full cab and auto climate control like my truck. They are the only power sports manufacturer with it which is cool. The one thing I really like on the Honda is there are no drive belts to burn off or break. The Can-Am has a drive belt protection system. On tracks this thing would be a super beast!!! I can imagine loading it up and going on a tour down the big lake to camp frot a week chasing lakers through the ice. So much room to pack stuff and you can keep warm inside with the tunes crankin'.
  ;D

Going to have a chat with the BRP dealer as well this week.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22633 on: Feb 21, 2021, 09:10 PM »
Hunts2long  :clap: :thumbsup: good to hear you were able to free the jeep. Best to you and your teammates with tonight's bowling.
Whopper Stopper glad your happy with the hair pruning. Thank you for today's sturgeon report,a question for you what happens with all these fish besides people wanting the eggs from females. Best to you with tree job at the shack.
Drifter thank you for answering my question. May you get much enjoyment and many yeears of service fro whichever brand of side by side you purchased. I figured there would be a meter or mor of ice on the lake.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22634 on: Feb 21, 2021, 09:38 PM »
Whopper Stopper glad your happy with the hair pruning. Thank you for today's sturgeon report,a question for you what happens with all these fish besides people wanting the eggs from females. Best to you with tree job at the shack.
Have a good night.
 Steve

Good evening mr.clean!

My understanding is they are excellent table fare. They fillet them getting rid of as much fat as possible. Then they are prepared in a few different ways.

Some boil them then dip in butter. Some fry them and some simply smoke them.

With the eggs it's hard to say. I have heard there is a technique to the preparation of the eggs themselves before they are ready make. For that reason many give them away or even discard them.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22635 on: Feb 22, 2021, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  16* on the Hill this am, off and on snow showers expected today, high of 30. 

Marv...thanks for the update and info, I’m amazed at the numbers of sturgeon being taken! Safe travels if heading up to the shack today.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...took a pass on the afternoon fishing yesterday and just enjoyed a relaxing day with the family. Fingers crossed this warmer weather moving in helps knock down the snow and gradually improve the conditions.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...thanks for the updates at the cabin, and good luck with the SxS... never have seen anything close to 40” of ice, wow!!   :thumbsup:
  OS...congrats on the 2nd vaccination, awesome!   :clap:
  OG...saw your posts on the pencil lead, made me think of the ones that came with those rods you sent me.  Good luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:
  H2...great news on the Jeep, hope the lanes treated you and the team well last night!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the 4 wheeler is ready to go this am, best of luck if heading out!   :icefish:
  Wally...good luck with the recon today if that is on the agenda!

Less than a week until we turn the calendar again. Fingers crossed today we receive some solid information on the nursing home visitation, hard to believe it’s been so long since we’ve seen our loved ones. Time is getting the better of me this am....will check in at break to see how everyone is doing, Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22636 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

+27 may see 40 today.

Eddie....prayers sent to you and your family that you hear some positive things from the nursing home :thumbsup:

IW.... Hope the 4 wheeler is ready to go :thumbsup:

WW.... Good luck when out checking fishing areas :thumbsup:

h2l.... Congratulations getting the Jeep out :thumbsup: Hope the bowling God's shined down kindly for you last night :thumbsup:

I am heading north to my sisters today to start a big firewood project. Today I would like to get at least 1/2 of it cut up.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22637 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                           It's 18* and calm at the moment. ::)
                           Marv........What a temperature change from yesterday. Safe travel to your sisters. :thumbsup: Your a good brother taking care of
                her wood. :flex: :clap: :bow:
                           Eddie.......I hope you get some positive news on being able to visit your mother. :thumbsup:
                           H2l..........I'm glad to read that the Jeep is finally free and everything seem in tact. :clap:
                           Steve.......The reason the conditions change on Lake George is that the southern end freezes first and had more snow on it. The newer
                ice hardly has any snow. :whistle:
                           Wally........I hope you find some nice fishing spots. :unsure:
                           Dave........I'm glad you found the cabin in good shape, I hope you enjoyed your time there. :flex:
                           OS...........I hope you haven't experienced any side effects of the second shot.  :unsure: I get my second shot March 14th. :flex:
                           I got the light fixed on the wheeler, we were going out today but the guessers say 25 mph winds, so I'm not up for that.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22638 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:17 AM »
18* and some light snow falling.
Good to have the Jeep back.
I see that the Fuel-n-Food 3 day contest is still on for the first weekend of March. A lot of people go out on Friday and stay on the ice until Sunday afternoon. No "pig roast" on Sunday due to Covid.
We took 2 of 4 points last night. Guy on the other team bowled 127 pins over his avg. the first game. He came back down to earth and we won the next 2 games.
The wife has an eye Dr.s appt this morning. Lindsay and Rocky surprised us with a visit yesterday, she goes back to work today, after a week off for Presidents week.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22639 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

WS......hope the job goes well  :flex:  be safe and don't overdo it  :nono:  (you knew that was coming, right  ??? :woot:)

IW......was hoping to fish today also, but weatherman said snowy and windy conditions  ::)  cloudy and calm right now  :unsure: :wacko:

H2L......glad the Jeep is free again  :thumbsup:  are you driving us to the airport  ??? :roflmao:

Eddie....will be keeping you and yours in my prayers for a quick return to visitation with you Mom  ;)

OS.....good to hear you're not having any second dose issues  :clap: 

So far nothing more than a little tenderness in my arm from shot #2 yesterday, fingers crossed that will be all there is to it  :whistle:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22640 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:01 AM »
  are you driving us to the airport  ???

What's an Apple Pie going for right now?
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22641 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:22 AM »
Quick post before I get  on the blower again. We got  a lot of heavy wet snow over night. I need to get it blown before it turns to slush when it warms up. I also need to get my avalanche out and get some off of the roof. It beats having to pull the snow off with a roof rake.

ww We all know you are our mother hen with your remark to Marv.

Marv I think that some big wig in WI got in big trouble over the sturgeon eggs. I think that there is a market for the eggs. IN Michigan there is a group that patrols the rivers when the sturgeon from Black Lake are  spawning  to keep them from being poached.

I have not been to a barber for years. no need  to pay for a some one to cut what little hair I have left. Cut most of it and the wife does the back. My former barber doubled the price of a cut. What used  to take him 6 minutes tok him 12 minutes so he did not make any more  actual money.

H2L do you have road service on your insurance. If you do you could have  called a tow truck to got the jeep out. The wife got stuck in a drive way the other day. she called me to pull her out. I told her to call our go to wrecker guy. We have the number on our phones. My neighbor had some one get stuck in his drive way. Not surprising as he had not plowed it at all this year. If it had happened at the neighbors on the other  side I would have helped get the car out. But not in his drive way.

need to get breakfast so I can get out the snow blower.

Sorry for the mistakes in my typing. If I try to go back to make a correction it is erasing what I had already typed again. GRRRRRRRRR

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22642 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:51 AM »
What's an Apple Pie going for right now?
1 trip to Drifter's cabin  ;)2  Heck I'll even throw in a blackberry pie for free  :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22643 on: Feb 22, 2021, 08:42 AM »
 Good morning,cloudy sky some snow coming later today. To follow up on yesterday's post about the ice fishing contest local area daily newspaper story on the event reports over four hundred people fishing .The biggest fish caught was an 8.2 LBS. walleye caught by a 24 year old man from Monticello,NY. (Sullivan county) his first time ever entering this contest. I'll post lins to the newspapers website and facebook page of the group that holds this contest so you can see photos of the winning fish. I have a feeling this lake will see increased fishing pressure as news of large walleyes being present in the lake gets out.
Eddie a relaxing day at home with the family is a good way to spend time. May you hear about visiting your mom in the coming days.
Whopper Stopper thank you for information on the sturgeons. may all go well with the tree work for your sister. Keep your wife and our resident MOM happy and use your safety gear.
Ice Wanderer thank you for educating me on Lake George's ice formation. Glad the 4 Wheeler light was an easy fix. May you have better weather for the rest of this week so you can get out fishing.
Hunts2long ,Wallyworld's apple pie prices seem inflated to me.  ::) :whistle: Best to your wife at the eye doctors today. Hopefully there will be better fishing conditions for the Fuel-n-Food contest.
Wallyworld you must use some expensive ingredients in the pies you bake.  ;D :whistle: May the arm tenderness pass quickly and be only issue from the 2ND Covid shot. I hope you also get a nice day to go fishing this week. Thanks for being our group MOM and reminding all of us to be safe with our activities.
Tomturkey may your snowblower handle the wet snow. Good you have a way to get the snow off your roof.
OldSailor hope like Wallyworld you only have arm tenderness from your 2ND shot of the Covid vaccine.

Have a good Monday stay healthy and safe.  Links to newspaper and Sullivan County Conservation Club's Facebook are below.
 Steve

Times herald Record www.recordonline.com                  Sullivan County Conservation Club Facebook- www.facebook.com/sullivancountyconservationclub/

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #22644 on: Feb 22, 2021, 09:40 AM »
Good morning ER's!! I had a VERY light reaction overnight!! That's been it!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: Stay safe, stay well, and STFAH!!!!

EDIT---
"The effectiveness jumped to 94% more than two weeks out from the first shot and 95% efficacy a week after the second shot."
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22645 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 10 tallies are in.

Hope you all have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy

WS

Dad got it done Friday! 58.5# 63”

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22646 on: Feb 23, 2021, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Warm front moving in, 30* this am, high of 35 today. Ended up with about 3” of snow here yesterday.

Marv... thanks for the update, hope your firewood job at your sisters went well Sir...way to go!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks for the links on the fishing contest!   :thumbsup:

Late on the rise again this morning and short on time....but want to say Thank You all for the kind words on my Mom.  :bow:   One of my brother’s was able to get into the nursing home last evening for a 2hr. compassion visit as my Mom had developed some issues this past week...will have more details this afternoon to share with you.   :thumbsup:   Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22647 on: Feb 23, 2021, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 30* and cloudy here on my hill, snow showers is the forecast. ::)
                             Eddie........I'm glad that your brother got to see your mom, I hope she is OK? ???
                             Marv.........Thanks for the Sturgeon update, they are awesome fish. :thumbsup:
                             Wally.........When I went out to fill my boiler there wasn't any wind, so I came in and loaded my gear and headed to the Laker ground.
                When I got there there was hardly any one out. I got to my spot, still no wind. Oh about 10:15 the wind started to blow a little, but I was tucked
                away in my shanty and heat was on. I was catching Lakers and didn't take notice what was going on outside. The wind was blowing pretty good
                and it was snowing. This is a picture of what I saw. lol

H2l...........I hope your wife had a good report from the eye doctor. :thumbsup:
                             OS............I hope the reaction you are experiencing doesn't get worse. :blink:
                             Tom..........Wet snow is always a problem for snowblowers, I hope yours handled it well. :unsure:
                             Like I wrote to Wally, I had a good day catching, I landed 7 Lakers but all were between an inch short of a keeper. But it was fun. When I
                 picked up around 2pm I couldn't see the shoreline so thanks to the Navionics app on my phone I was able to head straight to where I got on. I knew
                 which direction I had to go but not exactly.
                             This morning I have some snow to take care of. The guessers said about an inch, we got 4 to 5 inches. Boy have they been blowing the forecast.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay afe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22648 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:06 AM »
27* and no wind.
Mr. C, 8lbs plus is a nice walleye. Thanks for sharing.
Eddie, glad your brother got to see Mom. Hope she is feeling better. Thoughts are with her.
IW, it snowed pretty hard, ended up with about 5 inches, boy is this getting old. Glad you got and caught some fish.
Wife's eye Dr. appt went well, this morning she has to go for her yearly check-up.
WS, they sure are getting some nice fish.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22649 on: Feb 23, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......thoughts and prayers for your Mom, hoping she's doing ok today  :)

WS.....back at it today  ???  looks like the BIG fish are done  :-\

H2L....glad MrsH2's eye appt went well, good luck at today's check up  :thumbsup:

IW.....once the snow started yesterday it turned real nasty real quick  ::)  glad you got back to shore ok  ;)

OS.....hope you're back to 100%  ;)

MrC.....it's not the ingredients in the pies, it's all the love baked into them  :woot:  looks like the derby had a great turn out  :icefish: :thumbsup: 

Guess snow removal will be on the agenda today, like IW & H2L the 1" forecast turned into 5-6"  :wacko:  more on the way later today, rain tomorrow  ::)  the lakes will be a real mess after this  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.