Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1618963 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22590 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:37 AM »
19* and light snow.
IW, sorry the fishing trip didn't go well. Conditions have to be tuff. Lindsay even said she messed up, which is something we don't hear from her often. I KNOW I messed up, the Jeep still is hung-up in the yard. Only tried once yesterday. My nephew has been working doubles at the jail so I should see him this PM.

Lindsay and Rocky stayed most of the day on Thursday. Amber was off, we got Chinese for lunch and played Mexican Train. Pretty much a "be a slug" day.

Can't wait for some warmer weather. The driveway is a mess and I have always taken pride in keeping it clean. The snow blower just doesn't do the job and I am sore from chipping away at it.

When I worked for a phone company in Albany, Mohawk Honda was one of our customers, they were still on State St.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22591 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:44 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+4 heading to 20 later today.

Eddie.....Wishing you and the crew a good wrap to the week. Sounds like a good project, well done :thumbsup: I enjoy following along with the sturgeon season. I do find it amazing how many people partake in it that have gone 20-40 years without a single sighting ???

IW....Sounds like some tough lake travel. Hope it straightens out for you :icefish:

WW.... Hope your day doesn't involve a snow scraper :thumbsup:

Last night's shooting went great. The place we had to go was 25 miles away. As per my usual we got there 45 minutes early (that drives my wife crazy). We were there for 5 minutes when one of the qualification members walked through and said (Wow! early, come on back". We finished 30 minutes before we were to start :thumbsup:

One funny thing. My s-i-l used her trusty Ruger 8" revolver in .357 mag. The guy looked at it and said "you don't carry that hog leg do you?" He said he hadn't seen anyone use a revolver like hers. She proceeded to shoot 25 shots that could have been covered with a quarter. The guy just smiled and said "I want one of those! :roflmao:

Today we have a couple of errands to run and I have to drop my application off at the sheriffs office.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup:  Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22592 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter......sad to hear the lynx met it's end, but glad no one got seriously hurt before it happened   :(

IW.....sorry to hear conditions were so bad  :-\  better luck next outing  ;)

Eddie....glad to hear Cody's doing better  :thumbsup:  the longhouse building project sounds like fun  @)

H2L.....looks like a little warm up next week, hope it helps with the driveway clearing  :flex:

WS.....hope your renewal test went well yesterday   :thumbsup:  thanks for the sturgeon update  :flex:

IFF......any  :icefish: in your future  ???

Hoping to get back out next week sometime, seeing many conflicting reports of conditions so not exactly sure where or when  :blink:  might have another round of recon coming  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Morning WS.....congrats to you and you s-i-l  :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22593 on: Feb 19, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Well praying that all the flights go better got in to check this morning and said one flight already canceled but not showing any change so called and lo and behold flight in chicago canceled and no flight until Saturday but got another flight with one more stop before hitting Denver and then home. Headed towards the airport here in a bit qidh me luck to get home really over this week and just want to be home. Have a safe day and hope to talk to you tomorrow from home.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22594 on: Feb 19, 2021, 07:56 AM »
 I finally found a different way to get on IS. When I went to modify so I did not lose my post on the 14th some thing went wrong messing up the normal IS shanty forms.

Marv Thanks for letting every one know that I had computer issues so they did not think I abandoned the best group on the internet.

I have not had a canceled  carry permit in years. I used to be simple as you only had to pick up the paper work and turn it back into the sheriffs dept. Not any more so I have not bothered to get one with all of the required stuff. I can actually cancelled carry on my own property with out a permit.

ww The most dangerous animal in Alaska is the moose. Quite a few of them have to be put down when the get too dangerous to be around people. They come to town when there is no food for them like happened with the lynx. Sad but true. The moose cause more  deaths and injuries than any of the wild critters including the grizzlies. I talked to guy from Alaska at a fur sale I was working at in Michigan. He said he had to walk and look out the windows of his house before he went out to make sure he did not go out between a cow and her calf. My brother use to have the moose eat what was left of the hanging basket he left hanging through the winter near Fairbanks.

Modify Hopefully the same thing does not happen again ;)

I had two doctors appointments  this week in the city. Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday the drive was pleasant with little traffic, It must been the -9* kept a lot of people home. Thursday was nasty as the + 5* made the feel safe to travel. ::)

Got to get moving as I have to put the cover on the furnace put back together. We ended up with no heat Wednesday night. Luckily we got it fixed yesterday morning after I left for the city.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22595 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Morning All !!
Little late on the post today.

Balmy 21° at the house, 20° in town & 23° here at work this morning.

Last day of work for the week & a nice 3 day weekend is hours away. Looks like the weather is gonna stabilize, so should have some normal temps for the next couple weeks.

Have a good day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22596 on: Feb 19, 2021, 11:08 AM »
Eddie, my local lake (Cherry Creek) went from 99.9 open to fully capped, albeit, less than 2"  So nope not going to find me on that.

Going thru things that the Mrs. had put in place, all the comforts of a home, is still mind boggling.  I must need several cups/glasses of ambition.

Guess someone told a party that I was selling the china collection at $5 each piece  :woot: I could only reply if that was true it would all be gone already.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22597 on: Feb 19, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Good going Marv.
Maybe the SIL should enter my buddies competition?  ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22598 on: Feb 19, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Good afternoon still snowing lightly here in New Windsor thankfully snow fall total is towards the lower end of weather guesser's predictions with maybe 5 inches on the ground. I watched the Weather Channel for a little while this morning so glad I don't live in Texas /South Western U.S. so many problems from the colder temperatures and Winter weather.
Eddie good to read Cody's health is improving.Sounds like a fun lunch break helping your coworker with the small scale long House build.
 Ice Wanderer Interesting how the travel conditions were different depending upon which section of the lake your were fishing. I assume you were at Lake George or one of the other larger lakes in your part of NY. which cover many miles in their size.
Hunts2long glad Lindsay learned from the car mishap thankfully she and your wife were in a highly populated area with help not to far away and not in a remote area. Have you tried putting sand or some other traction aide by the Jeep's tires engaging the 4WD and trying to drive out hope your nephew was able to come over today and help you free the Jeep.
Wallyworld may you find a place to ice fish next week . I hope you are not seeing a heavy snow fall from this storm.
Fish/hunt 4ever happy to read you found a flight back to Wyoming. May you have a safe journey.
Tomturkey good you found a way to post here on Ice Shanty.Good to read you furnace problem is repaired and other then being cold no problems due to being without heat for some time. Thank you for the moose information.
SpitzoMt good to hear your weather is stabilizing,enjoy the 3 day weekend. best to you with any fishing.
IFF your wife had a nice looking china collection . Best to you in finding buyers for the different pieces. have you spoken with your niece or other extended family members to see if they would be interested in any of the pieces.
Capt. Jim may all be good with you and the family. I hope you have had no weather related problems out there in Kansas.
Icefisher-45 hope you,your wife and Mr.Dickens are doing fine and this week was a better one for all of you.
OldSailor may all be good with you and the family. Have you had a chance to shop for a new snowblower.
UFCreel may everything be fine for you and your family. I hope the work load has let up some for you at Amazon.
Drifter has there been any warm up with the temperature up there in Yellow Knife. Stay alert when outside I hope there are no more Lynx domestic pets/human encounters like Wallyworld I understand the reason for killing the animal but feel a little sad it came to that lynx are beautiful creatures. Any plans for a trip to your cabin or out ice fishing.

Everyone have a good evening be careful if you have to travel in Winter weather conditions. A good weekend and fishing to all.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22599 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:27 PM »
Steve
It's currently +9F here. So yeah, it's warmed up a little bit.
High of -2F tomorrow. Will be heading out to the cabin for the day in the AM.
I'll take pics. :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22600 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:37 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

Feb 19 sturgeon report

Have a good evening! Stay safe and healthy.

WS

First fish in 22 years. Best day ever!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22601 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:45 PM »
Drifter thank you for the reply good to see Yellow knife got above zero degreeos F . May you have a safe trip to your  cabin.
Whopper Stopper thank you for today's sturgeon report.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22602 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Whopper Stopper thank you for today's sturgeon report.
 Steve

You are welcome.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22603 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 15* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                       Steve..........We were on Lake George, The southern part of the lake froze first hence more snow on the ice. :whistle:
                       Marv...........Congrat s to Jen for showing up the instructor. :thumbsup: :flex: Again those are some impressive fish being caught. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie..........Bad news, the spot that I told you to go for Lake Trout has been closed down, people were parking on the road and the residents
             made a complaint and the "Y" won't allow parking either. and yesterday the parking area that is there is a snowplow truck turn around, with the snow
             and people parked the town raised havoc. I heard that a bunch of people were ticketed. But don't fret I have a plan. Maybe. ??? ??? ???
                       Wally..........Snowmob iles didn't seem to be as bothered  with the conditions as 4 wheelers, something I don't have and probably won't invest in one,
             even a good used one is pricey. :%$#!: :cookoo:
                       Tom...........I'm glad that your computer issues are resolved. :clap:
                       Dave..........Your warm up is going to hurt us, next week the guessers forecast temperatures in the 40's*. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                       Fish............I hope you made it home safely. :thumbsup:
                       Spitzo.........I hope you can get out on the ice with your 3 day weekend. :unsure:
                       Today, I'm going to put my 4 wheeler in my basement and try and get some of the ice that was left from our last trip, I also need to fix the rear
              light, hopefully it's only the bulb.
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22604 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:12 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-5 degrees still waiting for the big warm up. Supposed to be in the 40's by mid week ???

IW.....Good luck finding a new spot :thumbsup: I thought I had read the year was stacking up to being one of the best for big fish.

Eddie.... Hope you can get on some ice over the weekend :thumbsup:

WW.... Are you sharpening your hooks for next week ???

Spitzo.... Best of luck if you make it to the ice :icefish:

mr.clean...Hope your health allows you to get on the ice before the season ends. Our game fish season ends one week from Sunday.

Not sure what's on the agenda today. I would like to head to the shack and make a loop on the snow shoes, not sure if it will happen.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy,

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22605 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:16 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv,  Morning Everyone,
  18* this am, winds are supposed to blow 15-25mph today, high in the low 20’s.

Jeff...wow, that’s really too bad about that spot, guess they were lucky only getting tickets and not towed anyway! Imagine your 4 wheeler must have been coated with all that slush, hope the light is an easy fix!   :thumbsup:
  Marv... congrats to you and Jen with the renewal, can picture her taking out the center ring with that 357 barking, awesome!   :clap:   :bow:   The sturgeon season reports have been a great addition here, thank you for sharing the daily updates!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  Dave...have a safe trip to the cabin, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...we ended up with about 4” or so total here, happy that was it.  :thumbsup:  Helping out with the longhouse was fun, must admit, we probably enjoyed it more than buddy’s son, lol....it was for extra credit and optional for the students if they wanted to do it while on their mid winter break.
  Bud...2” of ice isn’t for me either, hopefully it builds back enough to get another crack at those walleyes!   :tipup:
  Spitz...enjoy the 3 day weekend, best of luck if heading out on the ice!   :thumbsup:
  Tom... glad everything is going pretty well, should see some milder temps soon..hopefully no more snow!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hope the Jeep is out and that problem is over with...imagine the reservoir will be busy today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...best wishes with the recon, looking like some warmer temps moving in will be another thing to deal with the snow we received. Best wishes and luck to you and Mr.WW.   :thumbsup:
  FH4...hope everything went well with the airlines, enjoy your time home!   :thumbsup:

Just getting ready to do the snow removal, should have done it last evening but just wasn’t up to it. Not much on the planner today, catching up on a few things around the house.  Will check in later to see how everyone is doing....Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22606 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:53 AM »
11* and sunny this morning.
Drifter, enjoy your trip out to the cabin.
IW, a lot of parking has been lost just because some people don't use there heads.
Eddie, the jeep is still stuck. My nephew called last night and was going to come down but I know he had worked 3 sixteen hour days in a row so told him it's not going anywhere. He is going up North to ride some trails today, so we will do it on Sunday. I think it may be a big job.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22607 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:58 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......I see nursing home visits may be starting up again soon  :thumbsup: :clap: hope the snow clearing is quick and easy  :flex:

IFF......2" is nowhere near enough ice  :pinch:  time to hope for an early spring  ;)2  hope the nook and cranny house exploration has brought some good memories and some smiles for you  ;)

WS.....-5 IS quite a warm up from -35  :whistle:   hope all is good at the shack, have fun on the shoes  :clap:  thanks for the latest report  :bow:

TT.....after seeing the moose in Alaska I can believe they have the ability to be dangerous  :o  just the size of a moose print in the ground is rather unsettling, wondering when it's coming back   :unsure:

IW.....parking seems to be an issue that's common on most lakes, that and people having no common sense  ::)  good luck with the light repair  ;)

H2L....sorry to hear the Jeep's still stuck  :(  hope you can get it free w/o any damage  ;)

Drifter......looking forward to the cabin pics  :thumbsup:

Spitz/FH4.....enjoy your weekends  :thumbsup:

Another couple of inches of snow to move today, could be seeing rain by midweek   :-\ 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22608 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:46 AM »

Good Morning ER's it was -10 when I woke up. The good news it will get up to 23* later today. WS that's some shooting by your SIL. Drifter have fun at the palace. Good luck to those fishing this weekend.  Stay Safe

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22609 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Well made it home. Was warmer here than out in Ohio when I made it home that usually is not the case. Flights were good and the one that the airlines cancelled they had another plane at r he exact same time so it looked like nothing changed and when they looked into it just seen cancelled and then rebooted me with other stops but when I hit Chicago noticed the error and got back on the one plane so only 3 plane rides instead of 4. Just nice to be home. Backing some peach coffee cake for breakfast for the family going to be nice to be home and then sounds like fly back out in 2 week. The overtime is nice just the being away socks. But have to pay the bills since home has been slow still paychecks coming through just wanting to get things paid down faster so all the overtime money goes that way. Be safe everyone had have a great weekend.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22610 on: Feb 20, 2021, 09:54 AM »
I chickened out on high country for today, 15mph with snow and gusts to 25mph didn't sound to inviting.  Maybe tomorrow and monday

OG I'd be lucky to have 2 shots I could cover with a quarter let alone that many.

Eddie, well one thing for sure when I can get the boat on that mud puddle the walleyes will be in a danger zone  ;D

I need to transfer the ice gear back to the MH.  and gas up the propane for the furnace.

heck of a deal, made breakfast, then forgot to eat it  ::)  maybe better second time around ?
Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22611 on: Feb 20, 2021, 11:14 AM »

Just hanging out by the oven this morning  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22612 on: Feb 20, 2021, 12:41 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22613 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:01 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 8 tallies of the sturgeon season are in.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.

WS

2/20/2021 63.7" 70.8 pounds

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22614 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:09 PM »
ww This is for you. I guess it is not just the Lynx and moose you need to worry about in Alaska

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/19/alaska-outhouse-bear-attack/4505940001/

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22615 on: Feb 20, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Made it to the cabin.
Had fun.
Love my neighbors.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22616 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Go Drifter        Hey Bud the Boss might be able to answer ? on those cups/dishes gravy bowls etc.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22617 on: Feb 20, 2021, 11:21 PM »
Haven't hear from the Honda SxS dealer so I'm wondering if he's having difficulty finding out if he will be able to get the one I want. COVID could put the kybosh on getting one from Japan.
So looking at the Can-Am machines. Specifically the Defender Pro Limited. Looks like a super sweet machine.
Anyone know what the Can-Am machines are like.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22618 on: Feb 21, 2021, 04:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 9* and partly cloudy here on my hill.
                          Eddie.........I have an update on parking at that spot, people were ticketed because the town snow truck turn around was blocked
               with cars, cars parked in it and they couldn't turn around. Because of Covid the "Y" didn't have the $$ to pay the insurance so we can't park there.
               But I have another access point near there. So if you can get a chance. :unsure:
                          Dave.........That's another nice machine, but if it's the Honda that you really want, give the dealer a call. :whistle:
                          Marv..........I have a question on the tournament rules, you showed a picture of a young woman, may be she speared the fish but can
               someone help her get it out of the hole?  ???
                          Wally.........I see the bakery is back open, looks delicious :thumbsup:
                          Bud...........That's to nice of a china set to break up, hope someone buys the whole set. :flex:
                          Fish...........I'm glad to read you made it home, it would suck if you had to spend most of your weekend waiting for a flight. :blink:
                          I-45..........How are things going with you and your wife? ???
                          H2l...........I read that the jeep is still stuck, what do you need to get it free, can I come help you in anyway.? ???
                          I got my 4 wheeler in my basement around noon yesterday, it took a while for it to thaw. Today I will do the light repair. I hope.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22619 on: Feb 21, 2021, 05:57 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

22 heading to 30 by mid-day.

Dave....Nice looking machine. A buddy of mine has a Can-Am SxS, although now probably 8 years, old but he sure loved it. And he never had many problems with it if any that I know of.

IW.... Glad you found another access point :thumbsup: From some of the videos I have watched in most cases 2-3 people help to haul them out of the hole. I am sure there have been a few non license holders spear a sturgeon while in the presence of a license holder.

Eddie..... Hopefully you are on the ice today :icefish:

WW.... Let me know when you do mail order :thumbsup:

Both my wife and myself have early morning hair pruning this morning. I will catch up later.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stat healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.