Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1637819 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22530 on: Feb 14, 2021, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-28 this morning with a -38 windchill. It's supposed to be sunshine with a high of -5

Bud.....Prayers sent for your neighbor, hope you can get in for the vaccination :thumbsup: 

Eddie .....Sorry to read about your dog. 15 years means a lot of memories for the entire family. Hope he can spring back. Best of luck fishing today :icefish:

WW.... The cribbage board has been quiet ??? 

mr.clean.... It sounds like some rough ice conditions, hopefully things will turn around.

Looks like another indoor day here which means more time in the garage tinkering. The sturgeon season on Winnebago in WI has started. People say the water is the clearest in years. The first day already had a #100+ fish taken. 

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe stay healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22531 on: Feb 14, 2021, 06:03 AM »
15* and it looks like we had a dusting of snow. Happy Valentines Day!

WS, please keep those temps out there.

Eddie, thoughts are with Cody. Good Luck on the ice this morning.

WW, those are tough conditions, even when the fish are biting.

The wife got the call about 3pm yesterday and was able to get her first shot. Her arm is a little sore this morning. Lindsay and Rocky were up yesterday and we had an early Valentines dinner.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22532 on: Feb 14, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Valentine's Day !!!!

WS.....fingers crossed the end of the cold spell is in sight for you  :unsure:  the sturgeon season out there still amazes me  :o

IFF.....sorry to read the news of your neighbor's struggles with covid   :(   protect yourself and get that vaccine   ;)2

Eddie.....hope Cody is doing better today, will keep him in my prayers  :(  enjoy those grandkids  :thumbsup:

MrC.....with all the snow being forecast for this week lake conditions will go from bad to worse  :%$#!:

Drifter.....hope you're able to shake the after effects of covid sooner rather than later  ;)   enjoy the new toy  :thumbsup:

H2L.....glad to hear MrsH2 was able to get her first shot   :clap:  the arm will be fine by day's end  ;)   good luck bowling tonight  :flex:

IW....hope you were able to get the lantern fixed  ;)2

Nothing much planned today, hoping the weatherman is over estimating the upcoming snowfall, up to 18" or so by week's end  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22533 on: Feb 14, 2021, 06:31 AM »
+9 to start the day. This week is going to be another roller coaster as far as temps go We got about an inch of fine snow yesterday. Thanks to Drifter for the low temps that last time I had to blow the drive the snow was light and fluffy. I finally got the ice behind the second stage of the blower melted making the vibration go away.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22534 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:22 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's a balmy 19* and cloudy here on my hill.
                            Eddie........My prayers are with you on a recovery for Cody, I hope he bounces back. :flex:
                            Dave.........I'm sure you'll enjoy the Side by side, the people I know that have them can't say enough about them. :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Wally.........I got the lantern fixed yesterday, so far it's holding up. The  check valve  was leaking, but it took some doing to get it out. :%$#!:
                            Marv.........Enjoy the inside time, it's cold out there. :whistle:
                            Bud..........I'm sorry to read about your neighbors fight with Covid, all I can say try and get your shot and stay safe. :flex:
                            H2l...........I tried to go to ouyr local pharmacy to put my wife's name on the list and they say she has to do it on line. Crazy. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            This morning I have my Covid shot at the VA hospital in Albany.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday and Happy Valentines Day. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22535 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:49 AM »
Good morning again!

In case anyone is interested I received the Saturday WI sturgeon spearing report. It seems they are well on the way to a bang up season.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22536 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing the info and pics  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22537 on: Feb 14, 2021, 01:50 PM »

Thanks Marv for sharing the sturgeon report, it is always interesting to see some of those awesome fish.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22538 on: Feb 14, 2021, 06:26 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 2 Winnebago sturgeon spearing tallies are in.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22539 on: Feb 14, 2021, 10:35 PM »
Drifter - Are you going with the Pioneer 1000 ??

Yep, the 3 seater not the 5.
The plow and tracks are almost as much as the SxS.
The V-Plow: https://www.fisherplows.com/products/trailblazer/

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22540 on: Feb 14, 2021, 11:49 PM »
Yep, the 3 seater not the 5.
The plow and tracks are almost as much as the SxS.
The V-Plow: https://www.fisherplows.com/products/trailblazer/

That will be one sweet set-up.....Congrats !!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22541 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:03 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

-25 but it's a dry cold. A warm up is on it's way.

Dave....nice looking ride. Cab?

I have a couple errands to run this morning then just puttering in the garage.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22542 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  16* and fairly calm this am, some snow moving in today 3-6” last I heard, high of 23.

Dave...that’s going to be one real sweet machine with tracks, well done!!!   :bow:  What do you figure it will weigh with all the goodies added?
  Marv...thanks for sharing the sturgeon season again, they’re taking some bruisers!!  :clap:  Got a question for you...when they’re cutting holes with the chainsaw, do they use anything for lubrication like regular bar oil or something like cooking oil? Just wondering...
  Bud...hope there is better news today on your neighbor, sorry for not mentioning that yesterday.
  Jeff...hope all went well with your vaccination yesterday, glad they they got you in. Hopefully your wife got her appointment taken care of, pretty screwed up system for sure! Glad the lantern is back up and running...sounds like a night trip for crappies coming up soon?  :thumbsup:
  Tom...the colder temps have made the snow easier to snowblow, still a PITA, but easier!   ;D. Hope all is well out there... :thumbsup:
  Wally...I took a look at the extended forecast and started adding up the inches of snow for the week..let’s hope they’re over estimating again!   :thumbsup:
  H2...excellent news they could get your wife in for her vaccination!   :clap:

Thank you all for the well wishes, kind words and prayers for Cody. He seems to be bouncing back a little each day, but at his age, it’s difficult to expect much more than that. We’re all very thankful for the times we’ve had and those remaining...just not ready to let go yet. 
  The fishing was pretty good yesterday, lots of dinks again, but enough keepers for a small fry today.  :thumbsup:
  Have my gear ready to go again this am, might try another local lake before the white stuff starts falling....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22543 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:26 AM »
Marv...thanks for sharing the sturgeon season again, they’re taking some bruisers!!  :clap:  Got a question for you...when they’re cutting holes with the chainsaw, do they use anything for lubrication like regular bar oil or something like cooking oil? Just wondering...

The fishing was pretty good yesterday, lots of dinks again, but enough keepers for a small fry today.  :thumbsup:
Have my gear ready to go again this am, might try another local lake before the white stuff starts falling....Cawfee’s on!

Good morning Eddie!

Usually just run a loose chain and the water keeps things cool. Oil causes a slick on the surface. Some say Dawn takes care if you use some kind of oil but I never found a need to use anything.

Good luck out there Sir! :icefish:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22544 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:32 AM »
someone with sticky fingers got into my pickup and took the monitor to the backup camera.  :%$#!: Hope they are disappointed thinking it was a GPS.  Like a lot of you, seeing record breaking Low temps for the day. -10 here this morning.  Got the first covid shot, little soreness at the inject sight.  But that is to be expected.  So now will be staying close to home until the next one March 7th.  So no trip west until after that date.  Think I will have to go look for myself if there is new ice to check out.   Kind of funny locals were going into the high country to warm up.  The artic blast was not able to climb over the Mountains to the west of the city.

No news on the neighbor, other than still on life support.

Marv impressive sturgeons that's for sure.

Dave nice looking new toy  :thumbsup:

take care all, don't go slipping on any ice.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22545 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:54 AM »
18* and cloudy.
WS, thanks for the reports, look forward to them.
Drifter, nice rig.
IFF, there is nothing worst than those that take things from others.
Eddie, good to hear that Cody is feeling better.
Bowling team lost 3 of 4 last night. Dropped out of 1st place. I didn't help much, had a 99 the second game. I guess the week off for Super Bowl didn't help.
Wife still has a sore arm, but no other side effects.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22546 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....nothing lower than a thief   :nono:   >:(  hope you can find some fishable ice to pass the time till your next road trip   ;)2

WS.....those pics and numbers are impressive to say the least  :icefish:  :flex:  good to hear your cold is a dry cold  :roflmao: 

Eddie.....always difficult to watch your best bud reach that stage of life  :'(   good luck today  :icefish:

Drifter.....good looking ride  :thumbsup:  hope it serves you well for many years   :flex:

Another quiet day here, hoping the snow stays on the low end of the forecast  :-\

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22547 on: Feb 15, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Dave....nice looking ride. Cab?

You betcha and heater.
Not going with the full hard doors though as they are $4,500.   ::)
Eddie should be just under 2000#'s with my fat butt in it.

You know you're in Yellowknife when.................. ...................... ...........

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22548 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:33 PM »
Good evening everyone.

Day 3 Winnebago sturgeon spearing tally is in.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22549 on: Feb 15, 2021, 07:05 PM »
You betcha and heater.
Not going with the full hard doors though as they are $4,500.   ::)
Eddie should be just under 2000#'s with my fat butt in it.

You know you're in Yellowknife when.................. ...................... ...........

(Image removed from quote.)
                                                                                                              That's a cool picture
(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22550 on: Feb 15, 2021, 08:36 PM »
That lynx has giant balls!!!
It just attacked a woman walking her 3 dogs.
All are OK, but that lynx is in trouble now   

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22551 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Freezing rain and 26* on the Hill this am, high of 38 today.

Dave... thanks for sharing the pictures and story on that lynx, glad to read the woman and her dogs were ok, wow!  :thumbsup:   
  Marv... thanks for the update, looking forward to showing a few of the guys at work the photos today!  :clap:  Thanks for the info on the saws, was curious about that.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...we ended up on the low side of the snow they forecasted yesterday, but the roads got super slick real fast here. Hopefully your area didn’t get too much either.  :thumbsup:  Any plans for another visit to Mass soon?
  H2...glad to read no side effects for your wife, excellent! Better luck to you and the team this coming Sunday.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...sorry to read about the thief making off with your monitor, damn!  :%$#!:  Glad you were able to get your vaccination, best wishes thoughts and prayers sent for your neighbor.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...did your grandchildren get ahold of your computer like mine did?   ;D   
  Steve...did you get out on the ice over the weekend?  :tipup:

Don’t know which was slower yesterday, the fishing or the drag out, lol. The conditions were tough to drag the gear yesterday, lots of soft snow and a slush layer underneath. Staying on some snowmobile tracks made it slightly easier, but I never did get to where I wanted to be. Didn’t mark very many fish, and the ones I did weren’t interested...chalk up another striped kitty for me.   ;D
  My youngest son turned 28 yesterday...where the heck did the time go? Speaking of time, got to warm up the truck and get the defroster cranking. Plows have been running, so hopefully the roads are in decent shape.   Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22552 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:55 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 24* and I hear sleet hitting my window. ::)
                       Eddie.........I was running late yesterday, I met Jon for some Laker fishing, so no grandkids.  :whistle:
                       Marv..........Those are some impressive fish, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
                       Dave......... That's an awesome ride, I like the plow. :clap: :flex:
                       Bud............I'm glad you were able to get your Covid vaccine shot. :thumbsup:
                       H2l.............I'm glad had no side effects, I didn't either. :thumbsup:
                       Wally...........That was a inconvenient snow yesterday, it cut my fishing outing short. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                       Yesterday I met up with Jon and fished for Lakers, it turned out to be a good trip. They were on fire, Jon caught 17 and I landed 15. I brought
            home 2 for a dinner with my mother in law, who is here this week. When cleaning my fish there were 13 smelt in one and 11 in the other, and they were still
            going after more, crazy. :cookoo: I bet the bite will be off for a few days.
                      Not much going on today but watching what falls from the sky.
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22553 on: Feb 16, 2021, 05:01 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-20 with a -30 wind chill. We should get above 0 today and by Monday the guessers are claiming +35

Eddie....pass on a belated Happy Birthday to your son for me :clap:

IW..... Congratulations on an excellent day on the ice :clap:

WW..... Are you on snow detail today ???

Dave.... I can only imagine the damage that overgrown ball bearing mouse trap could do :cookoo: Glad the lady and dogs were OK.

h2l.... Best wishes for regaining 1st place next week :thumbsup:

Today I am getting the saws ready to go for a job later this week. Other than that just keeping the stove stuffed.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22554 on: Feb 16, 2021, 05:29 AM »

Good Morning ER's  hey it's finally warming up again. IW holy cow great outing. Nice to read you got your shot Bud. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22555 on: Feb 16, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......happy birthday wishes to your son  :thumbsup:  hope the drive wasn't too slick this morning  :-\

IW.....congrats on a great day  :flex: :icefish:  nice your M-I-L was able to make the trip for a visit  :clap:

WS.....after all the cold temps, you'll be wearing shorts and t-shirts when the thermometer hits anything on the + side of 0  :roflmao:  love the guy lying next to his fish  ;)2

Drifter......glad the woman and dogs are ok, critter must be hungry  ::)

No snow removal here today, the forecast was 8-12 overnight, got up to find about 1" of new snow with a glaze of ice on top  ::)  no complaints here on the change  :whistle:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22556 on: Feb 16, 2021, 06:21 AM »
29* and light mix. Got the end of the driveway cleaned out and will wait until later to do the rest. Only got about 2 inches of snow.
WS, looks like they are off to a good start on the sturgeon season.
Wife's arm is doing much better.
WS, great day on the ice.
Have a good one and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22557 on: Feb 16, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Well traveling on Sunday was an adventure in itself, every plane I was on left late with the de-icing and all, missed one connection but was able to get on the next plane out, and then that one left when we were supposed to be on the ground at the final destination, at least I made it.  Snow most the day yesterday here in Ohio and woke up to about a foot of snow on the ground the main drags were nice but the side roads where like snowmobiling again, had some drifts go over the hood, glad I am used to driving in conditions like that, just wish I was in my 4X4 and not the rental car, but at least I was able to get a small SUV instead of the Mid Size since that was all that was left when I finally hit the rental lot.  Good luck to all with the cold and snow where ever you are at.  I heard home was 0 today was -18 when I left on Sunday and had not been above 10 for the last 2 days before and not above 0 for the last 2.  At least there will be good ice if I can get home Friday.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22558 on: Feb 16, 2021, 10:05 AM »
WW
Bunny #'s are down this year.
We see lynx in town like this whenever bunnies are scarce.
Better than cougar's. We get them occasionally too.

Still around looking for tasty kittens and small dogs this morning.
Seems it doesn't give AF about jacked up 4X4's either.   ;D

https://www.facebook.com/1044521512/videos/10223410959275894/

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22559 on: Feb 16, 2021, 11:31 AM »
Drifter.....that's one brave kitty  :blink:  will your Encon officers end up killing it  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.