Author Topic: Ice Fishing Report  (Read 3448 times)

Offline TD

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Report
« on: Jan 24, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Hit the ice yesterday. Found 3 inches of ice. Windy conditions made fishing tough.  Chased more wind swept gear than flags.  Only managed to catch 3 perch, all on tip-ups.  No activity jigging, just one missed strike.  About a dozen people out on the ice in the area I fished.  Not a lot of activity.  Fun just to get out there though.

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2021, 12:03 PM »
Hi TD,

I am waiting for Lake Hopatcong to ice up. I fish with my 11 yr old son, so I am waiting for safe ice. way to go on getting out there. I am going stur crazy waiting for the ice.

Bill

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2021, 12:14 PM »
State park has 4+” of strong black ice. I was out there yesterday. It was slow

Offline lech

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Last sunday me and my friend went fishing to State Park Wawayanda lake. Ice condition was good 5 to 7 inches black ice. Fishing was slowly. My friend caught 3 small yellow perch and  I caught 3 small pickerels 15 to 17 inches.There were many other guys on ice but they were cathing some fish. At least we have ice this year and I hope so will stay longer on high eleyation lake Wawayanda.

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Great to hear the ice is Ready. I called the Park and was told no ice..... go figure. Thanks for the update. Going to plan a trip this weekend.

Bill

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2021, 07:33 AM »
Njsquatch,

I usually fish near the windlass. I was hoping to fish the deep depths to the left on my next trip. I have never fished the state park area, however i will do what i have to at this point.

Bill 

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:19 PM »
Main lake and bigger coves are still open water. State park is the only option at the moment.

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2021, 08:31 AM »
Well njsquatch,

I guess it will be the State Park then. I am thinking about hitting Lake Wawayanda as well. I prefer Hopatcong because of Dows bait shop. They always take good care of me there. I call them constantly this time of year asking for info. I like to give back to them for all their help they give me. either way i will stop and buy some tackle and bait from them in the morning. Lets hope the ice gets better and hangs around.

Bill

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2021, 12:26 PM »
Laurie and Joe are great. I make every attempt to purchase at their shop. They always have the lures you need to fish the lake.

Knee Deep Club members get 10% off.

Good luck and post a report

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
Back Bowl Ice Fishing Report
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:20 PM »
My Son and I hit the back bowl this morning. We were fishing by 7:00 am and stayed till 2:30. We caught a few pickerel, missed a couple fish. Cold in the am, but warmed up. It was a great day outdoors with my kid. Tomorrow morning we will hitting Hopatcong. Hopefully we will have more action. However there is no better way to escape all the bs that we are living in.

Bill

Offline HighEndHooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2021, 08:45 AM »
Yesterday was absolutely stellar. 4 man limits of rainbows and salmon, then we moved found a few crappie

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:42 AM »
High end Hooker,

That is living up to your name. That is a stellar pull of fish. We hit Hopatcong State Park on Sunday. Tons of people. We caught our normal perch, my son caught his first bass through the ice. We had an excellent ice fishing weekend. The back bowl let us down on Saturday, we will need to give it another shot. I am hoping we were just not in the right spot. We fished a drop off from 5-20ft. All and all we had an incredible trip.

Offline lech

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Congratulation, Very nice catch of rainbows and salmon,Where did you fish for them? is  it lake Wawayanda or Aeroflex?

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:27 PM »
High end Hooker,

Was the entire lake frozen, or only specific areas?

Thanks ...... Bill

Offline HighEndHooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:31 AM »
Main lake was open, we were in 35’. I punch through 2” on the shoreline so I hurried my way out, but found 4”. Most came on jigs and the jawjackers I have, a few were on top ups though

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:37 AM »
This was before the snow I see. Now it will be different getting on to the lakes
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.