Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608345 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24210 on: Jul 28, 2021, 05:33 AM »
I know…. ;D
 It takes a lot to offend me.,, @)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24211 on: Jul 28, 2021, 06:15 AM »
59* and cloudy.
WW, good luck today. I sometimes wonder how those "bass" people catch a fish. I have watched them "zoom" over there, make a few cast, then "zoom" somewhere else and do the same and every time they move they have to "zoom" by me. I know it is the same guy, he has his hat on backwards.....lol
IW, the wife had 1 of 2 single cabins on the boat. Single bunk with a lower shelf for storage.
The girls spent about 3 hours out on the tubes. Scout loves the water and will swim non-stop if you let her. Rocky still won't swim but stands with just his head out of the water.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24212 on: Jul 28, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Highs in the mid  70's coming up. I did finally get the front yard mowed yesterday. Only the small back yard to go. Then I have to figure out why I now have to push the mower since the 4WD quit

Raq I guess we will have to find out what it takes to offend you. Don't forget if you ever get back over this way again we need to meet up.

Back to why I love shopping at Lowes. Our Refrigerator quit on Saturday. We went to Lowes and bought  a new one. The delivery date they first gave us was Wednesday. The salesman figured out how to get it delivered on Monday instead knowing the old one died. When we went to check out there were two checkout open. The one was run by a guy I do not care for. We went to the other one run by a young lady that was great. I told her how I appreciated they way she treated us before we left.

H2L I only participated in a few bass tournaments with a high school friend. It was so dangerous with the bass boats coming out of a no wake zone that I almost  got thrown over board. That was the last time I fished any tournament.

Bud I would suggest that you get ahold of Medicare to see why the new bills. It sounds like it may be a scam to me.

Time to get going as the wife has therapy then to the city for her to get an MRI of her lower back.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24213 on: Jul 28, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Just to let you know, no pain meds for the hip!! Told that too close to surgery, so Tylenol Extra Strength is it!! They don't work for crap, so it's grin and bear it until the 3rd of August!! 7 days and counting!!!  :%$#!:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24214 on: Jul 28, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Good day, going to be a cooler day here then yesterday with a forecast high of eighty but humidity level is higher thankfully there is a 5-10 mph wind. Possible thunder storm this afternoon/evening and rain tomorrow. In our ever changing world i see the CDC is now saying vaccinated people should start wearing face masks again while indoors at public places as the delta variant of Covid-19 is causing an increase in infection numbers and deaths after dropping or holding steady for the past few months.In the western part of my county the grounds of a former NYS prison that was closed in 2011 has been developed since that time into an industrial park also a sports complex and lake on the grounds is now a popular kayaking location. The latest tenants coming to the industrial park are marijuana related businesses ironic since majority of the prisoners housed there in the 1970's-80's had committed drug crimes.
IFF good suggestion from Tom Turkey about contacting Medicare about the bills. I would also contact the hospital billing department to see why you are just now being told about these unpaid bills. It might be a good idea to speak with an attorney as the collection may try to put a lien/hold on your finances creating even more problems. Best to you in getting this resolved.
Eddie good someone caught the mistake before it would have resulted in even more lost time. hopefully the blue prints/building plans have been reviewed and everything is now correct.
ice Wanderer best to you with today's VA appointment. May you wife and MIL have a problem free trip from Vermont to your home. good the you have enough knowledge of electricity and local/state building codes to notice the problem with neighbor's outdoor lighting and correct it when installing the new LED lights.
Wallyworld best to you with today's fishing trip. may you be able to find a quite area of the lake and put some more walleyes in your boat.
Racquettedacker may all be good with you and your family. I hope you have not spent to many days working in high heat inside the green houses this Summer.
Hunts2long thank you for the photo while on vacation in different section of the U.S. I have visited decommissioned/dry docked Naval ships so know the beds are small on boats. In the case of the navy ships some crew members slept in hammocks. glad you daughter's had a good tubing trip.
Tomturkey Best to your wife with today's medical appointments. Good to read your were able to mow your front yard may the problem with lawn mower be an easy and cheap one to fix.
OldSailor sorry to hear you can not take pain killers due to being close to surgery date. Hang in there and all the best to you with the surgery and your recovery.
Old Goat may all be going well for you and your family.
Have a safe and good Wednesday.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24215 on: Jul 29, 2021, 04:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  54* this am, high of low 70’s today with rain and scattered thunderstorms expected to move in around noon.

Steve…yes, it was a good catch on the detail being caught early on…would have created quite a problem moving forward!  :thumbsup:   So much conflicting information over the masks the last year I’m not sure who to listen to anymore.  :cookoo:
  OS…that sucks they won’t let you take any prescribed meds for the pain, hang in there Sir! 
  Tom…hope all went well with your wife’s appointments yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  H2…glad the girls had a nice time floating the River, hope your wife is enjoying dry land again!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Dom…hope all is well on your end, what’s growing in the greenhouse now?   :thumbsup:
  Wally….will be looking forward to your report, hope you had another good day catching!
  Jeff…hope your appointment went well Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…have a great day and stay hydrated!   :thumbsup:

Had a good day yesterday, we finished out 2 small walls…and didn’t have to tear anything down, lol. Still trying to get use to these hours, they suck compared our old hours. Getting to work isn’t so bad, takes about 40 minutes…coming home with traffic an hour or more. Just doesn’t leave much time to do much of anything afterwards.
  Well, time to get moving along…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24216 on: Jul 29, 2021, 05:16 AM »
Morning all. 76° and muggy here with severe tstorms rolling in as we speak, and a forecast high of 89 this afternoon. Looking like we will get a nice break of lower temps starting tomorrow, though. It's all mid to upper 70s in the 10 day after today.

Been too busy with working OT to really feel like doing much by the time I get home, so I'll definitely be doing some fishing and getting some other stuff done over the weekend. Gotta sign the boy up for school next week, though, and my job doesn't do partial vaca days, so using a day will cut into the OT pay next week, because it's figured weekly, not daily. We'll probably just go fish after if it isn't raining.

IFF - I agree with the others. That seems incredibly suspicious. If I were you, I'd directly contact the hospital's billing department to get to the bottom of that, because the whole thing smells pretty scammy.

I've dealt with medical debt, and they don't just hit you out of the blue with it. The hospital will call and mail several times to try to get their money before going to collections agencies.

masoneddie - I hear you on the commute. I've been working at the same place for 11 years now... 35-40 minutes to work, 45-60 minutes home every day. 😐

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24217 on: Jul 29, 2021, 05:22 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 54* with an orangey sunrise. here on my hill. ::)
                             Eddie........It was nice on the old job starting early and getting out early. ;D  Traffic at the end of a hard work day sucks. :%$#!:
                             H2l...........Thanks for the picture of your wife's cabin but when the ship was originally built, that shelf was another bunk. :whistle:
                   I'm glad the girls had a good float down the river, with all the rain the water level is so not much walking, not like some years. :blink:
                             Wally........Waiting for your report on yesterday's trip. :whistle:
                              Marv........I hope you have a good day, stay out of the heat. :thumbsup:
                              Tom.........Those bass boats sure go airborne when the hit a wave at the speed they go. It surely jar your back. :unsure:
                              Dom........It's good to see you checking in. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: \   
                              Steve.......Every time the news talks to a DR. they have different ideas on masking. My wife thinks we are going back to full mask mandates. :cookoo:
                              OS...........Hang in there, does heat help with the pain? ???
                              My appointment went very well, my sugar 90 day average was 109, and I lost 12 lbs. since April. She was so ecstatic about my #'s that
                    I don't have to go back for nine months. :clap:
                              Today we get Emma and little Carson at noon.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Heathy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24218 on: Jul 29, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

72, getting to 87 later today. Last night a few storms around, one in particular looked very close to the shack, will need to make a run up there in the next couple of days. We had some rain last night, we will take anything at this point

Eddie....I can feel your pain with the end of day commute :%$#!:

IW....Congratulations on the good Dr. report :clap:

WW.....hope you had a good day on the water :thumbsup:

I have lawn detail today. I haven't mowed in 2.5 weeks because of the daily heat. It appears we are in for a few mid 80 days so I best get on it after things dry up some..

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24219 on: Jul 29, 2021, 06:01 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......my drive to work was only 7.2 miles and that seemed to take FOREVER at the end of a shift, can't imagine an hour commute :roflmao:

OS.....only a few more days, hang in there  ;)

IW.....congrats on the numbers, must be doing something right  :thumbsup:

H2L.....that pic made me start to shake just thinking about trying to sleep there  :nono:

WS.....hope you don't find any problems next trip to the shack  :-\  you might need a sweatshirt out there today with those chilly temps  :roflmao:

MrC.....my guess is a full mask mandate is coming again by fall  :%$#!:

TT.....hope MrsTT's mri showed the problem so it can be taken care of  ;)  those bass boats sure do fly  :o

ZCM.....enjoy the cool down  @)

Raq......after your reminder about the bass guys being in town we changed up plans and skipped Oneida, hit Ontario instead  :whistle:

got 3 small browns about a foot long, all must have been recently stocked by the DEC and the 36" king salmon  :flex: :thumbsup:
a nice day on the big lake  :clap:
Mowing on tap today if the rain holds off for a bit  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24220 on: Jul 29, 2021, 06:13 AM »
51* and sunny.
OS, will be thinking of this next week.
IW, have fun with the kids. It is getting close to "here's your Mask".
WW, I think you made the right choice. I didn't know they stocked in Ontario. The weather looks great.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24221 on: Jul 29, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Almost forgot to mention I picked my first tomato yesterday....

BLTs for supper after fishing yesterday  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24222 on: Jul 29, 2021, 07:22 AM »
Quick post before going to get some groceries.

The nasty weather we were guessed to get here was a no show. It all went to the southern part of the state or stayed in Wisconsin.

This should be in the grumpy thread. The wife's MRI was a no go as the was only 5 weeks out from her knee replacement, needed to be 6 weeks. They rescheduled it for next week. They are trying to get an appointment with the doctor after next weeks MRI so it will only make on trip for us.

Every on have a good day. Time to hit the road.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24223 on: Jul 29, 2021, 07:32 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....that pic made me start to shake just thinking about trying to sleep there  :nono:
Wally...... Good thing you were never in the Navy, the bunks were stacked  4 high and of I rolled over on my side, my shoulder would touch the bunk above me.
The bigger guys always slept on their backs.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24224 on: Jul 29, 2021, 07:40 AM »
IW......nope never could have been in the Navy or at least I never would have slept  :nono: :pinch: :unsure: :woot:  the walls are closing in just reading that  :wacko:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24225 on: Jul 29, 2021, 09:51 AM »
IW......nope never could have been in the Navy or at least I never would have slept  :nono: :pinch: :unsure: :woot:  the walls are closing in just reading that  :wacko:

WW you ever have an MRI?  :whistle:

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24226 on: Jul 29, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Tom unfortunately I was in Holland last month for a few days for an old friends funeral…. Was thinking about ya while I was sitting in GR waiting for my ride to pick me up. Sure wish it was a pleasure trip and a whole week…
Next time.. ;)

Steve , yes working inside and outside all through the heat. It was brutal…..See pictures below.. ;)

Thanks Jeff.  I’m always here… ;)

Wally good choice and nice pictures and.  You know how those fools can be… :roflmao: :roflmao:

Eddie mums the word….Like 8000 of them.   It’s slow and easy now for 3 weeks…

If I missed anyone all is well with me..  Just to busy and the heat makes me grumpy… >:(

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24227 on: Jul 29, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Oh and I have been picking tomatoes and peppers from my private stash in the one greenhouse.. @)
 BLT’s again tonight..

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24228 on: Jul 29, 2021, 02:19 PM »

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24229 on: Jul 29, 2021, 03:22 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent pictures Raq

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24230 on: Jul 29, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Marv Your wildlife ones have been very entertaining .👍

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24231 on: Jul 29, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Pat BLT's sound mighty inviting.  But going to settle for fish and chips tonight

On the up side RV problem is fixed turned out to be a blown fuse, Now I know where its located.  My best guess is the boat trailer wiring must have shorted out, hooked it up the Chevy Silverado, and whoa, now only right side break light works, put hazard on and yup only right side comes on.  Now something has shorted out in the pickup, kind of strange only one side went out,  :unsure: :blink: :cookoo: :%$#!: and unless there is someplace other than the main fuse box, for yet another fuse ?  will have to see if I can track that down.  So far still a mystery  :unsure:  Will wait for cooler outside to take another look.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24232 on: Jul 29, 2021, 05:05 PM »

Bud....Good deal with the blown fuse :thumbsup: Good luck tracking down the the problem on the pickup.

I finally had some activity on the home game camera. Last night we were in the lower level watching TV and the little pee wee peeked in the window to see what was on ??? When we saw it head over by the camera I was hoping we would get a video of it.

Hope you all have a good night :thumbsup:

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24233 on: Jul 29, 2021, 07:27 PM »
WW you ever have an MRI?  :whistle:

WS
Yes I have and a couple CT scans, not pleasant at all  :pinch: :unsure: :blink: :pinch: :nono: :-\ :o ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24234 on: Jul 29, 2021, 07:58 PM »
Good evening cloudy here all day did have a brief period of heavy rain in the early afternoon and another shower around 6 PM. I agree with many of you it looks like we are headed back to wearing face masks. I also agree with Eddie and Ice Wanderer about a lot of conflicting information/opinions on masks since the pandemic started here in the United States.
Eddie good to read the bank build is back on track.your current work hours have you ending your day right at the start of rush traffic hours in the greater Albany area.
Zcm-28 I assume you are covering hours of coworkers on vacation so will be working OT for a few weeks. Best to your son with his schooling this coming year.
Ice Wanderer keep up the good work nice to hear your diabetic therapist was happy with your 90 day sugar average and weight loss.  Hope you had a fun day with Emma and Carson.
Whopper Stopper may you find the "shack" in good shape when you make your trip. thank you for the video I see a fewer number of turkey poults and no hen. Also concerned about the fawn being so comfortable around people may lead to a short life.
Wallyworld good thinking avoiding the bass fishing contest on Oneida Lake. and going to Lake Ontario instead congratulations on the brown trout and king salmon. Enjoy this years tomato crop from your garden.
Tomturkey sorry to read someone made a mistake in the scheduling of your wife's MRI .
Raquettedacker condolences on your friend's passing. Your work place has been a busy one thank you for the photos. May all of the Mums sell over the next month and this Fall. If your personal stash of tomatoes and peppers keeps producing think the vacuum packing/sealing equipment will get a good work out.  Good to read other then having to deal with the heat and humidity all is good with you.
IFF nice to read the RV transmission problems was only caused by a blow fuse. may the boat trailer and pickup lights also be an easy fix once you located the source of problems with their respective wiring.

A good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24235 on: Jul 29, 2021, 08:20 PM »
Whopper Stopper may you find the "shack" in good shape when you make your trip. thank you for the video I see a fewer number of turkey poults and no hen. Also concerned about the fawn being so comfortable around people may lead to a short life.
Steve

Good evening mr.clean!
I am heading to the shack first thing in the morning. I hope we find things in good shape too.

If the fawn is indeed on it's own, I don't expect things to end well.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24236 on: Jul 29, 2021, 08:28 PM »
Whopper Stopper may you have problem free travel to and from the shack tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24237 on: Jul 30, 2021, 04:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sure wish we could share some of this weather with all of you out West going through that constant heat wave…60* with NW winds this am, high of 68.

Marv….have safe travels today to the shack, hope you find everything safe and sound! Thanks for sharing another awesome video, will watch that again this afternoon with my granddaughter.   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve…we’ve been trying to coax the foreman to start an hour earlier, not getting anywhere with that yet…but we’ll keep prodding, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…congratulations on the catching, good choice heading away from the BassMasters!  :clap:  Still waiting to pluck my first tomatoes!
  Jeff…congrats on the excellent report, keep up the good work!! Hope you had an enjoyable day with the grandchildren yesterday.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dom….Mums is the word for sure, lol, Wow!! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, amazing!  :bow: :clap:  Condolences on the loss of your friend Sir.
  Bud…glad to read it was only a fuse causing the problem, best of luck tracking down the other short!   :thumbsup:

Running a bit behind, apologies to those I missed this morning….will try to catch up today. Wishing everyone a good wrap to the week….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24238 on: Jul 30, 2021, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 59* and pouring out, when I started reading yesterday's post we had .06" of rain on my gauge, now reads .34" of rain. ::)
                              Eddie.......I hope the foreman budges and lets you start an hour earlier. :whistle:
                              Marv........Have a good trip to "The Shack", I hope everything is in good shape. :unsure:
                              Wally.......Congratula tions on the catch, good choice changing lakes. :thumbsup:
                              Bud.........I'm glad you found the right fuse, maybe you could pull one at a time and test them. :blink:
                              Dom........You guys sure have a lot of Mums, thanks for sharing the pictures. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
                              Steve......It's not only mask wearing is the problem, some people refuse to get vaccinated and the Delta variance is spreading
                 rapidly. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                              Yesterday I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and got home just before the rain started, so it was an inside day, we played
                 UNO.
                              I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24239 on: Jul 30, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Morning all,

WS....fingers crossed there's no damage at the shack from the storms, don't forget the bug spray  ;)2

Eddie....week #1 in the books  :flex:  I was shocked to see red in the garden with so little sun this month  :o

IW.....do you have the pool up for the grandkids this year  ???

MrC.....was really hoping we were pretty much done with covid mandates/restrictions but it sure doesn't look promising right now   :unsure:  too many unknowns yet  :-\

IFF.....glad the rv is up and running again  :thumbsup:  good luck dealing with the hospital, hope everyone is right and the bill is only a scam of some sort  :wacko:

Raq.....you "fools" sure do have some pretty boats  ;)2 :roflmao: :thumbsup:  nice you have your own spot in the greenhouse  @)  don't work too hard my friend  :flex:

TT......sorry to hear of the scheduling mix-up  :%$#!:  hope the next appointment goes smoothly and you can get the mri AND the doc done at the same time  ;)

Got the lawn mowed yesterday morning, couldn't sweep it because it was still too wet then the rains came again  ::) >:(  picked up just under another inch  :pinch: more on the way this morning   :wacko:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.