Author Topic: We dont stand a chance!  (Read 10304 times)

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: We dont stand a chance!
« Reply #90 on: Feb 15, 2009, 01:58 AM »
We were on the ice tonight in Valpo. Caught 21 crappies, kept 12!! Ice measured 8-9". Sure was making alot of noise!! The ice hardened up really nice on Loomis!! Didn't have to use a plank or anything to get on. C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:17 AM »
We were on the ice tonight in Valpo. Caught 21 crappies, kept 12!! Ice measured 8-9". Sure was making alot of noise!! The ice hardened up really nice on Loomis!! Didn't have to use a plank or anything to get on. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Good for you. My ponds have frozen up again. More of a plate glass thickness as of yet though. Of course my ponds went completely ice free vs. the lakes that did not.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #92 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:59 PM »
lil slow but we did manage a few gills a bass and a missed flag ourselves today. most places we drilled had 8" of clear ice,Steuben Co. area lake.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 16, 2009, 06:05 AM »
Fished up in steuben yestereday and there was a good 8-9" of ice, but had to walk a plank to get out to the good ice. Still quite a few thin spots out there, be careful.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.