Author Topic: 50% off Mr.Heaters at princess auto  (Read 1586 times)

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
50% off Mr.Heaters at princess auto
« on: Feb 04, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Just was in princess Auto in Saskatoon and Mr Heaters are 50% the lowest price, even if they are on sale. Bought a triple sunflower for $56 and a cordless 35000BTU Hero heater for $76.

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 50% off Mr.Heaters at princess auto
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2015, 07:08 PM »
all propane , electric and kerosene

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2015, 11:37 PM »
I already own a big buddy and am very happy with it, but out of curiosity are the buddy heater line on sale in store for 50% off??  Not showing on the webpage...  I would give my buddies a heads up if they could snag a buddy heater at that much of a deal!  I got mine at the fishin hole on boxing day and i think there regular price was cheaper (at the time maybe?) than most places and they had 25% off... i was very happy with the deal.  at $90 a big buddy would be a hell of a deal!

Sunflower tank top heaters are pretty good too in terms of portability... Just need to be a bit more careful using them...  I think they may put out more fumes than the buddy series too??? or perhaps i just am making that up based off the advertised safety due to the automatic shutoff when tipped and the o2 sensor... 

I have used my buddy heater while camping in october, running it a bit before bed and for a bit during the middle of the night and also in the morning... Still dont think i would feel comfortable leaving it on overnight due to carbon monoxide... i know a lot of people do and in most tents there should likely be enough airflow but i wont chance it..

Maybe i will pick up a small sunflower for the thinner ice walk on periods in the early ice season.

Thanks for the tip!

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2015, 07:06 AM »
There are no buddy heaters left just the double tank tops
Splaker

Offline Saskie24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:00 AM »
I found that the buddy heaters burn mych cleaner then the sunflower tank top heaters.the sunflower heaters make my eyes burn after a while. I don't get that with the big buddy heater I have. Only issue I have with the big buddy is that you need to store heater somewhere warm when not in use or I find that if it was stored in freezing temps before using it that the line or gas port freezes and won't stay lit. Problem solved if I keep it inside where at condensation can't freeze and then works great.

I already own a big buddy and am very happy with it, but out of curiosity are the buddy heater line on sale in store for 50% off??  Not showing on the webpage...  I would give my buddies a heads up if they could snag a buddy heater at that much of a deal!  I got mine at the fishin hole on boxing day and i think there regular price was cheaper (at the time maybe?) than most places and they had 25% off... i was very happy with the deal.  at $90 a big buddy would be a hell of a deal!

Sunflower tank top heaters are pretty good too in terms of portability... Just need to be a bit more careful using them...  I think they may put out more fumes than the buddy series too??? or perhaps i just am making that up based off the advertised safety due to the automatic shutoff when tipped and the o2 sensor... 

I have used my buddy heater while camping in october, running it a bit before bed and for a bit during the middle of the night and also in the morning... Still dont think i would feel comfortable leaving it on overnight due to carbon monoxide... i know a lot of people do and in most tents there should likely be enough airflow but i wont chance it..

Maybe i will pick up a small sunflower for the thinner ice walk on periods in the early ice season.

Thanks for the tip!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.