Author Topic: Eskimo Quickflip??  (Read 10637 times)

fish_hooked

Eskimo Quickflip??
« on: Nov 22, 2003, 09:31 AM »
Anybody seen, used or have one of these?  Looking at buying one and curious if $95 brand new is a good deal.

PinTail1955

Re:Eskimo Quickflip??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2003, 12:32 PM »
Yes its a good deal, The Eskimo Quickflip 2 is $159.95.
Just got the Eskimo Quickflip1 off of ebay for $95.00

Got to have some hard water
PinTail1955
Lyle

GatorSlayer

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2003, 12:54 PM »
The Quickflip you want maybe sold out, unless someone backed down. The guy I bought it off of had 10 for sale starting last thursday and sold all 10 by last saturday. I just got mine on thursday and it's awesome! Only took an hour to assemble, there's no seat, but for 95 bones, I'll sit on my bucket! I had it set up in the back yard yesterday and you won't believe the difference it makes having a shelter. Even without a heater I was able to feel the difference of just being out of the moving air outside. If you still have a chance, buy it up! You won't regret it.

fish_hooked

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2003, 07:58 PM »
Got er bought on ebay.  Cannot wait to get it and set it up.  Sounds like a shelter will be nice. Sure beats sittin on a bucket in the middle of a snowstorm!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2003, 08:10 AM »
I wonder how many folks on here purchased the Eskimo Quickflip 1 from that guy on e-bay? I ordered his first one when I saw them on a month ago. I think he had about 31 to sell all told. I like it, but have made some mods to it already. I mounted the front half of $5 downhill skis to the bottom so it won't tear up the bottom plastic whenever I drag it. I also bought a seat like the fish traps use off of e-bay for $10. I'll mount that permanently, but will make it so it folds down and out of the way. I'll try to post a picture or two whenever it's done. Good Luck.
Ken                                          

GatorSlayer

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2003, 04:23 PM »
I purchased a Quickflip off eBay and I like that idea of the skis on the bottom. I was also concearned about the durability of the sled and was looking for some tougher plastice to mount on the ribs (something like the yellow "puck board" in a hockey rink). This would come in handy for draging over gravel and concrete/asphalt on the way to the lake from the parking lot, which I may have to do at a few of my fishing holes. I can't wait to see the pics of the seat installed, right now I'm just using a bucket with a stadium seat on it.

fish_hooked

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:04 PM »
Just received the shelter and it is sweet! I'm kinda worried about dragging it through brush and tearing the canvas.  I may have to have my wife make an elastic/drawstring cover for it. And I see what you mean by the durability of the plastic on the sled.  It don't beat the JetSled's plastic (I have one of those).

Offline swede7

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2003, 09:25 PM »
got one off there too, and as far as tearing the canvas in some light brush, don't think that'll be a problem as long as you're not trailblazing a forest. as for dragging it across blacktop, c'mon, it's 25 #, carry it over to some snow before you load your gear on it and go   LOL   good luck guys, ice is comin'

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2003, 05:38 PM »
I decided to just use an old cooler instead of getting fancy with the seat. I can put all my tip ups, vexilar, and stuff in there so it doesn't get snow on it while hauling. Here's a picture of it with the ski's attached to the bottom and a fish trap style seat on the cooler to give me back support. Cheap and easy!!!
Ken                                          

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2003, 11:42 PM »
Nice sticker on the seat.  I looked at the Polars in person today and was impressed.  The one thing I couldn't compare was sled thickness/durability.  After looking at it I just may have to buy a Quick Flip 2 instead of the Trap Guide in another year or so.  With the bench seat in it I would be able to take my 2 boys with me.  Cost was better than the Traps, skirting on the bottom seemed nicer as well.  
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

trapdaddy21

« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2003, 04:10 PM »
one thing that i noticed about the eskimo was that the poles seemed very weak, and the display model at farm and fleet actually had been snapped in half. when looking at shacks they seem cheaper than a clam, but in the long run you get what you pay for.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.