Author Topic: Floor for flip over  (Read 1634 times)

Offline JustLetMeFish

• IceShanty Rookie
Floor for flip over
« on: Oct 13, 2018, 06:07 AM »
I’m looking at making a floor for my Otter flip over. Floor area is pretty large (6’W x 5’L) and I am having a difficult time figuring what my best option would be. I was initially planning on carpeting plywood and hinging 3 pieces together. But even with a trifold, I’m still looking at at about 2’ x 5’ size to carry along. Figured the only way would be to strap it over the top when transporting because that won’t fit inside the tub. Don’t know if I like that idea. Other option is a rubber gym floor mat. Prob about 1/2” thick or so. Non slip and heavy rubber. This is a 3’ x 10’ roll. Figured I might be able to roll this up and store in tub. Just not sure how easy that will be after sitting on ice.

Last year I threw old rugs down so feet weren’t sitting on ice all day. Worked great. Put 2 more rugs down and it’s a huge difference. Stays way warmer with less heat and seemed to keep things a lot cleaner inside. I want to do the whole floor with something I can store inside my tub if possible. Although I like the plywood option the best...need some suggestions. Also, is there a downside?  I’m not concerned about weight for the most part on this one.

This pic is what I was looking at doing. I think I found it in this forum somewhere last year but can’t find it again.

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Floor for flip over
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2018, 12:46 PM »
If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, check out their 4 piece interlocking mats.  Extremely light, waterproof and you should have no trouble cutting holes in the.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Floor for flip over
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2018, 01:20 PM »
The only downfall to the mats is your ice cleats will destroy them. But for price point, weight, and storing in the tub the mats are perfect.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.