The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Morey  (Read 918 times)

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Morey
« on: Mar 19, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Me and a buddy hit morey yesterday. Arrived around 815 to perfectly calm wind, cold but sunny. 4-5 inches of packed snow on 1inch ice then an inch of slush and about 18inches of ice. Not great ice but solid. We went out from the access toward the point right there. Having never fished morey we were fishing pretty blind. Drilled some holes and found some of the smallest perch I have ever caught. The disappointment came quick as the wind started to crank with gusts at least 30mph. With the cold we were forced to set up camp in my fatfish. All 8 anchor points set and it still felt like it was going to take off. In 6 hours we got 5 keepers. Not sure what we did wrong, but it was dink city.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Re: Morey
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Theyre in there, just need to find them. I did alright there early this season. Maybe one keeper for every 7 or 8 dinks.
But we moved around a lot.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Hmmm I may try to get down there. I haven't been either but see lots of jumbo perch coming out of it..

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2018, 02:57 PM »
I won’t be going back any time soon. The master angler site shows some hogs, but if it’s 10 fish per keeper might as well spend the extra 30 minutes on the road and head to champ, or carmi, I can catch dink perch on Marshfield, Curtis, Elmore, closer.

Offline OldChumBucket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:29 PM »
That sounds about right for Morey. Last few times I went down there, it turned out the same for me. Covered a lot of ground, and made a bunch of potholes for the ice skaters.  ;) I think that body of water has been fished a lot and it hasn't quite recovered yet. I got a few jumbos, but not like what it used to be.

Offline Icemanvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2018, 09:18 AM »
The few keepers we did catch were extremely wormy.  I was very surprised as it gets up to 40 fow so didn't expect to see them covered in worms/grubs.  When cleaning them though there were none to very few if any grubs in the fillet.  Has anyone else noticed this?  ??? ::)
FLAG!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.