Author Topic: Hole placement in a hub  (Read 4071 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hole placement in a hub
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:58 PM »
For those who fish in a hub, what is your best hole placement? I have a 2-man eskimo hub.

Options?
1) Two holes side by side with fishermen side beside each other.

2) Two holes side by side in the center with fishermen facing each other.

3) Holes opposite corners with fishermen facing each other but not directly across from each other.

What's best for utilizing space for seats,  heater,  gear,  etc.
jbird68

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Hole placement in a hub
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 11:49 PM »
I'm usually alone, I/we can fish 5 rigs with 5 hooks on each. 3 or 4 go outside. I back into a  zipper/door corner and spread lines/rods out.
Sorry I cant be of more help.
Good luck and stay safe.   ;)2

:icefish:

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2017, 08:37 PM »
I am mulling over hole placement for next week when my new oskimo 949i arrives just in time for ice and Christmas.  I predominently fish alone but would only fish one hole in the hut so that wouldn't matter but when I take a buddy in the 3-4 man castle, I need to figure out a plan.  Two of us facing and off set might be a plan, or side by side facing the other end of the square maybe. Using a  hole that is two 10 inch holes connected might make it easier to land a fish but also to loose a dippper, or any number of tools or tackle plastic boxes. With chairs, heater, and fish finder, space fills up fast.   If not for needing a witness with a camera, I would have plenty of room in the 7' x 7' area.
Thread killer

Offline AZbassernCO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2017, 12:57 AM »
my layout

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:44 AM »
depends on if you each have your own sonar and want to keep tangles at a minimum.
a four man would mean one at each wall. gear in the middle. the back of one person faces the ice holes of the person behind/next to him/her.
a two man could be used to same way.

side by side if trying to share a sonar. best to keep the transducer in it's own hole and up high. just drill one a little further away so your rods still hit the ice fishing holes. this keeps your neck from getting sore or set it up on a bucket but further back than the ice fishing holes.

i set up using a wall for ice hole placement always. in a four man with two persons it is wide enough for both to use the same wall. i let the other person pick if they want side by side or have their own wall, unless it's my wife ;

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.