Author Topic: Turning and otter magnum sled into a hard side?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
Turning and otter magnum sled into a hard side?
« on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:52 PM »
So I have a otter magnum sled and was thinking of adding some walls with 1/4 inch plywood and perhaps some fabric in the front. A couple of chairs on boat pedestals. Only 4 feet off the ice to the roof more of a place to sit out of the wind. Have any of you done something like this? And if so any pictures?

Offline rbalkevitch

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Turning and otter magnum sled into a hard side?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Not like that but I make a lot of things. I'll try to explain my idea. If you put a 2x2 slightly longer than your sled on each side and hinge them both at the top. Then cut some material in a triangle, one for each side, you could stand it in its back side and pull out the hinges wood to make a sort of a frame. The triangle material goes between the length of the wood and the length of the sled on each side. Mount a seat that sits properly when the sled is standing in its back. Strap a sand bag to the back, which is the bottom when standing up right so it does not flip from wind if your not sitting in it.
A wise man once said nothing. Rob~

Offline rbalkevitch

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:09 PM »
I keep it hitched to my 4 wheeler so not concerned with it blowing away. I live on the lake so not concerned with transporting it. I like the triangle idea. But like the idea of a flat roof where I could have a rack and haul more items. Hinging it makes sense. I guess I need to do some measurements to see how tall it would have to be to sit in it comfortably with a heater. Just thinking out side of the box at this point. Don’t want to shell out a grand for a insulated portable.

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Nice set up. Did you make that fish ring? I make custom jewelry and I like that design.

Offline rbalkevitch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Nice set up. Did you make that fish ring? I make custom jewelry and I like that design.

The ring I made from an old silver spoon.  They are all over Ebay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.