The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: K Drill Video  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Sebago Bait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
K Drill Video
« on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:32 PM »
This is worth a re-post.  I have had my K Drill now for 2 years, and it has never let me down.  I haven't used my Eskimo Propane Auger in those 2 years.  These are fast, efficient, and weigh about 10 pounds with the Clam Plate attached.  Many people use them without the Clam Plate, hooked straight to the drill.  At this time we have 17 in stock as well as Clam Plates and the adapter needed for the Clam Plate.

http://www.sebagobait.com/
483 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME  04062
207-894-7141
207-894-7143 (fax)

Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Weekends starting at 5:00 am during ice fishing season (Jan 1, 2019)

THE HOME OF FREE AUGER BLADE SHARPENING

Offline csiacd78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: K Drill Video
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Don't tempt me!

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2017, 03:44 PM »
 ::)  The clam plate is a necessity with the 8"!!  Alternative is a sprained wrist or worse!
Dick

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2017, 07:58 PM »
my buddy has one without the plate and no problems but we're a little younger. ;)

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:07 PM »
Save yourself 150 bucks and put a Lazer auger on the drill and save another 60 and ditch the useless clam plate.  Lazer will drill just as fast if not faster.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:17 PM »
have the strikemaster lithium lazer 10in. and love it!

Offline Sebago Bait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:56 PM »
Not the fastest drill for sure. They have lifetime sharpening on the blades as well. The clam plate is nice for setting it down on the ice and helps with torque on the big drills. I have no complaints. I have an 4 1/2" and 8" Nils that I drive with a drill all by themselves (no clam plate). Lazer blades are not cheap. Sounds like you have something that works well for you, which it what it is about.
http://www.sebagobait.com/
483 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME  04062
207-894-7141
207-894-7143 (fax)

Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Weekends starting at 5:00 am during ice fishing season (Jan 1, 2019)

THE HOME OF FREE AUGER BLADE SHARPENING

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Clam plate as Wayne said also mages a nice stand. Keeps drill and battery dry.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline TwoLightsKid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2017, 08:11 AM »
::)  The clam plate is a necessity with the 8"!!  Alternative is a sprained wrist or worse!
Dick

This is a serious issue.  I have an 8” nils hooked directly to a Milwaukee M18 fuel.  Rips through the ice in seconds, but a couple of times last year the drill got stuck in areas where the ice froze and reformed several times so it was uneven underneath.  Wrist hurt for months afterwards, not too bad, but I work a desk job so I was able to let it rest and heal.  For someone who does heavy work with their hands every day, this could have been a major problem. 

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2017, 08:26 AM »
With no clamplate place battery along right leg . Fallow it down against your leg as you drill down . If the drill catches it will twist into and stop against your leg and won't hurt your wrist . You just have to be smarter then a drill .

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:30 AM »
With no clamplate place battery along right leg . Fallow it down against your leg as you drill down . If the drill catches it will twist into and stop against your leg and won't hurt your wrist . You just have to be smarter then a drill .
thats how we did it with teampars last winter. like we used to do with our ol' side handle jiffy back in the day. those things were dangerous!

Offline Bottle_O_Moxie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have you ever had to jig your scoop back up?
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:01 PM »
..... like we used to do with our ol' side handle jiffy back in the day. those things were dangerous!

I had one of those old side-handle Jiffy's.   On a good day they didn't carry well and you'd burn a hole in the front of your coat or sleeve on the hot muffler.  On a bad day you'd twist your wrist real bad and after enough of that you'd fish with only four traps that day.  ;D
Don't miss that relic at all.

These new augers are real nice.

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:12 PM »
I had one of those old side-handle Jiffy's.   On a good day they didn't carry well and you'd burn a hole in the front of your coat or sleeve on the hot muffler.  On a bad day you'd twist your wrist real bad and after enough of that you'd fish with only four traps that day.  ;D
Don't miss that relic at all.

These new augers are real nice.

My father broke his hand with the 1 arm bandit. I was 6 or 7 we were on China lake chasing pickeral.a nasty day. It was a very long drag (for him) back to the truck. He got 6 pins in his hand and its never ever stopped bothering him after 50 plus years. We never used a power augar after that until I got my own many years later. He got a spoon auger which was junk, good memories
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:45 PM »
No problems here with the M18 and 8" NILs.  No Clam Plate.  i wouldn't waste the money.  Use the side handle that comes with the M18.  Maybe the K-Drill is harder turning than the NILs.  Get your muscles out.  :P

Offline TwoLightsKid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:18 PM »
No problems here with the M18 and 8" NILs.  No Clam Plate.  i wouldn't waste the money.  Use the side handle that comes with the M18.  Maybe the K-Drill is harder turning than the NILs.  Get your muscles out.  :P

I wouldn’t trust the side handle.  When mine got stuck, I was using the side handle and the part of the metal housing on the drill where the side handle clamps onto cracked and the handle tore off.  Torque on the drill is stronger than the handle can take. 

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2017, 04:57 AM »
I wouldn’t trust the side handle.  When mine got stuck, I was using the side handle and the part of the metal housing on the drill where the side handle clamps onto cracked and the handle tore off.  Torque on the drill is stronger than the handle can take.
Got to keep it tight - and regular inspections, just like any other equipment. I'm going into my 3rd year with it and absolutely no problems.

Offline Riley T.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:21 PM »
With those adapters does anybody have the the auger wobble a lot? My 8 inch auger makes a 12 inch hole with it, this is the second one after the first one did the same thing.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:28 PM »
With those adapters does anybody have the the auger wobble a lot? My 8 inch auger makes a 12 inch hole with it, this is the second one after the first one did the same thing.

I can make two sizes of holes with my 6" Mora...

Low gear, keep it in place, 6" hole...

High gear, let it walk in a ten inch circle, 10" hole....

Don't let it walk...

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.