Author Topic: Frabill Predator Mods  (Read 2889 times)

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill Predator Mods
« on: Nov 06, 2013, 01:13 PM »
I have seen some old post on this but I thought I would see if anyone has done anything different to theirs. I am getting ready to get on the ice but would like to make some improvements as I see others ideas while I wait for the hard water season.  I made a compartment for storage and to hold my propane tank that feeds my big buddy heater for my thermal predator and still have some ideas in mind. Since building this I painted it black and picked up a clam storage net to mount to the front, a frabill light bar, a clam organizer that hangs from the back bar, and some frabill coat hooks. I would like to add a bar at the back of my seats to hold the seats up similar to the concept otter has because my seats are currently at an angle due to the floor I added. Here is a picture as well as my mode of transport. Lets also see your ideas.

Offline bigred1974

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frabill Predator Mods
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Build a center console for it, one you can store stuff inside,  put lights in storage compartments, maybe put front compartments into it and build to hold seats. You got a good start on it!

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2013, 07:39 PM »
I was going to build a center console but was not sure how I wanted to do it. I would eventually like to string some led lights to the top bar with a switch on this future center console as well as being powered by a battery under one of the seats. The reason for not having this right now is that I can fit my big buddy heater between the two seats when I am not using it. If I had a center console in there I would not have a place to hold this. I was thinking I may have to add a rear hitch and get one of frabill's shuttle sleds to haul my gear for setting tip ups.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2013, 07:26 AM »
all i canthink when i look at that pic is wow that has to be heavy lol. anywho i would run lights for sure. maybe build a center console

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Mount a little 12v 9a battery in the corner of your storage box, and run some cheap chinese LED lighting through the boxes and also overhead! That'll probably be a good start.

Otherwise, maybe put in a couple cupholders, a spot to mount needle nose pliers and dykes, and a small organizer box mounted on top to set your gloves and such when the shanty gets warm.

All ideas! Put your own spin on each  ;)

CI

Go Beavers!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.