Author Topic: Otter Flipover Mods  (Read 4199 times)

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter Flipover Mods
« on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:57 PM »
(Accidentally posted this in the Fish Trap section but then deleated it and started a new topic... So here it is).  ::)

Got a Otter Cottage and thought I would show the mods I've done on it so far.

The first thing I did, almost right when I got it, was added lights. I had a new pair of white LED running lights for a car laying around so I figured I would use them. It turned out exactly how I wanted and they were also way brighter then I expected :o  Also added 2 little blue LEDs under my seat for lighting up the inside of the sled.

I have all the wires running to a panel bolted at the rear of the sled. I actually used one of those small bolt bins for the panel.

Awhile back on my Vexilar I added a 2 wire lead coming out of the base along with a switch and a in-line fuse since its always around water. That white wire in the picture above runs around to the front of the frame so I can plug the Vex in to it and still have it right where I want it for fishing.

I made a secure place for my Vex in the sled by taking a 5gal bucket, cutting off the rim, flipping the rim upsidedown and then pushing it down on the other part of the bucket. Then I took 2 small I-bolts and bolted the two pieces together. Basically ended up with a very strong 3 1/2 gallon bucket. The I-bolts also serve as a place for a bungee cord.

I bolted the whole bucket to the bottom of the sled.

Last couple things is a holder for the Otter wind brackets. Made out of a couple U-bolts and some things I found at Fleet Farm that holds cords or whatever together.

And a rod holder which is underneath the flip up bench seat. The seat is flipped up in the picture so it doesn't look that great but it does work pretty good... the seat is always down when I'm transporting it.

Still need to add a couple things like maybe some hinged rod holders... but thats it for now.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Otter Flipover Mods
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:14 PM »
nice mods you are thinking real well

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Otter Flipover Mods
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Very nice work.  I have last years model of the Otter Wild 2.  I have been thinking about routing some wiring for permanent lighting...I like the way you did that.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.