Author Topic: Industrial grade shack  (Read 22064 times)

Offline propaganda

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Industrial grade shack
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Here are some build photos. You will note the early skis were 2" tubing but I didn't like them because they weren't wide enough to get on top of the snow.

surflizard

« Reply #31 on: Nov 09, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Oh Boy, what I wouldn't give to have a set up like your Propaganda !!

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 09, 2011, 03:37 PM »
That right there is one nice looking shack. I would love to see some more pictures of the inside with the tv and radio installed. Nice build and very good attention to detail. I would love to have a shack half that nice. For now I have to deal with my flip over frabill.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2011, 03:52 PM »
wow...i just built my 2nd shack....and now i wanna sell it and start over.....lol ;D
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline tipup7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2011, 04:21 PM »
thats one mean looking shanty ;D

T.S.G.!!!!!

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Wow Very sexy shack!! ;D
saying hello and welcome to the forum from a fellow albertan.

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline lightningz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Propaganda- If I had a shack like that I would purposely  pick a fight with my wife with hopes that she would make me sleep in the shack. I would make sure it had a lock on the inside so she couldn't find me. LOL

You better be careful or FEMA will want to contract you to build the temporary living quarters for the next disaster.

All kidding aside I have to say that your so called shack is the nicest, best built I have ever seen.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 10, 2011, 05:52 AM »
OMG!  I am so jealous.  Way nice!

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2011, 06:16 AM »
do you have an approx weight?
Tight lines and safe fishing.

rickl1968

« Reply #39 on: Nov 10, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Propaganda,

What are your walls made of? Is that just foam board, or did you buy them prefinished like that?

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 10, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Holy snikees! I have a hard enough time calling it a day with a flip over. With that baby I'd need to have my mail forwarded.

Offline rugby ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 10, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I feel like Charley Brown at Holloween when he cut all the holes in his ghost costum. I was all proud of my ontario, blue tarp, left over purple paint castle I just built, until I came across this piece of heaven you call a shack, I might call it a small home!!!
http://

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 10, 2011, 02:47 PM »
You looking for a roommate?

Offline propaganda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 14, 2011, 05:43 PM »
What are your walls made of? Is that just foam board, or did you buy them prefinished like that?

The walls are made out of double clad aluminum sheeting over high density foam, they are manufactured as a continuous process and cut to length depending on requirements. The aluminum is bonded to the foam using a heating process.

do you have an approx weight?

Stout, all finished with the benches installed I expect roughly 1300 lbs give or take, but I will be taking it to a truck scale to see.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #44 on: Nov 14, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Amazing shanty there, like a small with skis and holes and a woodstove camper.

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:20 AM »
That shack is sweeeet!!! Excellent build, that baby will get passed down through generations I bet.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline propaganda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Well have the custom benches almost done, they are 80" and fold out to a bed 40" wide, have the custom upholstry guys making cushions for it, will post more pics after I get them installed.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:28 AM »
When I first glanced at the last pic I thought...OMG levitation!!! :o...then I seen the lift ::)................ ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #48 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:59 AM »
  :bow:       I am totally awestruck by your build!!  :thumbsup: That said, I'm curious as to how much  that would cost if you were to build something like that for sale. As someone else has said, that would be a great sideline and I'm willing to bet that you would sell every one that you built!! And one more question, is R12 insulation enough for up where you live  ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline propaganda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Well Sailor R12 is reasonable, the thing is airtight, you won't see daylight anywhere. That being said the wood stove will have to be run accordingly to maintain temperatures, but I expect to be able to fish in my speedos  ;D

As far as selling them as a sideline, that's being considered, I am looking at sponsoring the Alberta portion of the board I just need to get a website up. Cost? Well I think if a guy started with a base shell then add options depending on what people wanted. I haven't really looked at it yet. A guy could pimp them out or just do the shell and let people equip them to suit themselves.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:48 AM »
IM-PRESS-IVE........thats all I have to say
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:10 PM »
WOW, what a ice house, there is no way it can be called a shack! There are a couple of ice house companies that should be trembling in fear should you decide to start building them commercially.

surflizard

« Reply #52 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Propaganda
  I tip my hat to you Sir, your fabrication is Impeccable, the fit and finish on the whole project from start to finish is Truly Amazing !!  :thumbsup:

Surf

Offline Burr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:41 PM »
This is my first post as i had to join to find out more info on your shack! It is super nice and well built. Im from MN and own a motel in WY. I would love to see you make it. I get some sled decks out of Canada and freight is a killer. I would love to just buy the skid from you and finish them here  and in WY. We could get many skids on a truck were it could keep shipping cost down. Are your wall panels made in canada or usa ? I would love to be a dealer for you if you do build them.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #54 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Great shanty there, you have a HD tv and a nice stereo system, i have no tv and no need for one.  ;) And music and old radio.

Offline Burr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:31 PM »
I forgot one thing in my first post. I have never seen such a clean and neat metal shop in my whole life. That shows im sure on any thing you do. It sure shows in your shack build ! Would have no problem buying anything from you. Im sure one would not even have to dust a shack after you were done with it . I hate dusting but do it anyhow.

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:56 AM »
only 1 word for it  UNBELIEVABLE. never ceases to amaze me what some people can do.

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Well have the custom benches almost done, they are 80" and fold out to a bed 40" wide, have the custom upholstry guys making cushions for it, will post more pics after I get them installed.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Could you show more pictures of the benches? VERY NICE SHACK!!!!!!
Is it ice time yet???

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I love the shack, but I'm pretty sure that I couldn't even afford the lockset on the door.
Nice work.

Adam

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #59 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:00 PM »
You and me both Adam, but we can dream!!! And play the lottery!!!  :thumbsup: You just have to admire fantastic craftmanship like that!!! That is one SWEETLY built shack!! :bow: I've always called them shacks also! A house is what you leave to go to your shack!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.