Author Topic: Weekend Warriors  (Read 965 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Weekend Warriors
« on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Only being able to ice fish on weekends for me is a real downer :( Anyone else get the feeling on Monday mornings that there are 5 more "Mondays" to go until ice fishing resumes ??? ???  :tipup: hang on --gotta go chase that flag ;D

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
Re: Weekend Warriors
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Totally dude ... i'm a M-F / 9-5 er .... so weekends are IT !!!!   8) 8)
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:44 PM »
I'm right there with you Tropher.  I get around 25 days a year off plus holidays, and I planned on taking a week off to ice fish this winter, in addition to some Fridays or Mondays.  My company is going through contract extension negotiations, and I can't get a day off to save my soul.  I ain't b***hin' tho.... at least I have a job in this tough economy..... for now.

Jeff

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:48 PM »
It drives me crazy :o.  I work M-F 8 to 6 (2-3 late nights).

I am one of 3 that oversee the messaging systems for a very large Bank.

But it's cool because my boss is a fisherman and I take him out in my boat in Erie for eyes in the summer.  So he lets me "work from shanty" telecommute once in a while.  I have a spot in my Shappell 3000 for my laptop and blackberry to solve issues and provide support for 20k users.

It's great that I can sometimes fish and provide for my family at the same time!!!

Stay cool
ICEMAN73

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Im lucky, im in my last year of university so my schedule has lots of holes in it  ;D   i have most of tuesday and every thursday off so i sometimes get out an extra time or 2 every week. This week i had today and tmrw off but because of the crappy snow storm we are gettin pelted with right now im stuck in town until tmrw night, so im hopin the weeknd is nice
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline SK-PikeHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SDFT. Saskatchewan Drinking and Fishing Team
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2009, 01:06 AM »
right there with ya, i will get the odd friday cold, but other then those holiday-based long weekends, i only get out twice a week.  which is not enough.  just wont do.  i am going to quit my job tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration........... ...

Offline Shovel74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2009, 05:31 AM »
My entire week at work is spent talking about ice fishing, discussing where I am going the next weekend and trying to figure out how to get the most out of those ten hours on the ice!!

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2009, 05:55 AM »
I am self employed and winters are usually slow so I get to fish alot.... Not so much this year tons of work and its weekends only for me also. oh well with the way the economy is work is a good thing right now..
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline piker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy,fishy
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:14 AM »
I work 10pm to 6am mon-fri, what I do is if I go fishing during the week the day before I'll go to bed after I get home.get 12 hrs in if I can, next dy get out of work,head for the ice.stay till 1pm maybe 2then head home and to bed till 7.Sat.morings get out of work head to ice stay up till can't keep my eyes from slaming shut.which is bout 9 or 10pm.back at it Sunday,been on nights now for 17 yrs.won't know what to do if worked days lol..... ;D
If your not fishing, your not living.....

Offline toddyrotten

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing is idiot proof. Idiots are resourceful.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:17 AM »
I know the feeling. I work a full time day job then a part time overnight and weekend job. I'm lucky if I get half a day to go out on a weekend. Why do I do it myself?

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:44 AM »
5 mondays in a row every week!  >:(  Drives me nuts. You will notice that all my posts appear monday-friday 7-5. I dont think I have placed a single one on a weekend. I'm on the ice. I do like the Idea of "work from shanty" that cracked me up. Wish I could tellecommute. Kinda tough though seeing as I work at a Commercial Building Supply Yard.

Offline Alpinedirtfarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2009, 10:06 AM »
It drives me crazy :o.  I work M-F 8 to 6 (2-3 late nights).

I am one of 3 that oversee the messaging systems for a very large Bank.

But it's cool because my boss is a fisherman and I take him out in my boat in Erie for eyes in the summer.  So he lets me "work from shanty" telecommute once in a while.  I have a spot in my Shappell 3000 for my laptop and blackberry to solve issues and provide support for 20k users.

It's great that I can sometimes fish and provide for my family at the same time!!!

Stay cool
ICEMAN73

That is awesome, I was wondering if anyone took their laptop out on the ice........When I finally get to move back to Wisconsin, with my job, all I need is wireless connection and I can sit out in the shanty all day and fish, work, & fish some more!!!!  Can't wait!  But will be at least another year or two >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.