Author Topic: Parka Recomendation  (Read 778 times)

Offline CZMark

• Team IceShanty Regular
Parka Recomendation
« on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I bought a pair of Frabil FXE bibs and got to test them out up North last week--very nice. now I'm thinking about getting a dedicated ice fishing parka for the really cold weather (if we ever get any). I don't know if I would use a parka enough to justify the money for The Frabil FXE' and am seriously considering the Strikemaster. The only concern I have about the Strikemaster is its breathability; does anyone know if it is breathable? I would appreciate any suggestions for other parkas, as long as they are breathable.

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: Parka Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 11:20 AM »
If you get a dedicated parka you will find a portable shack used very little, my good fishing buddy and I each bought suits we drag the thing out but never use it .Now it comes along if there is rain snow or high wind and if fish are not eating we just go in. No need to set it up to dry it off with no fish.PS after years of just staying warm I first bought a suit then my friend asked if I thought it was worth it I said yes and the next year he bought one not to say we are slow learners or anything but we are in our 50s.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Parka Recomendation
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:50 AM »
^^^^ What he said!  ^^^^

I got a Striker suit this year and hardly find myself flipping my ProTC tent over me.  Only time I really do is if I am fishing gills or crappies and need to sight fish or the wind is too much to make line-watching a chore.  I haven't tried any other suits but from my experiences so far, I can safely recommend the Striker brand.  It's been great in all this wind.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.