Author Topic: I'm Slammin big panfish ( BULLS and SLABS)  (Read 814 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm Slammin big panfish ( BULLS and SLABS)
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:21 AM »
This winters been great,the fish are very fussy, the numbers and quality are great, but you got to throw them a change up.I've been hole hoping a 75 yard area in a shallow bay(7 to 11 fow) with a lot of dead or dying weeds,moving ,and moving and staying on top of the moving fish,I may cut 30 or more holes at the start,and keep moving,I mark my better holes and just keep working them all day,a lot of looker and it got me thinking there dinks but some a giants,I've been giving them three different looks,best clean Ratso's,second in line size 12 gill pill firetiger two spikes,one red one white or one mousie,third look some thing big and flashy,1/8 oz.gold castmast w/a Hali longer dropper chain loaded with 5 or 6 red spikes. Everytime I changed rods I get a couple of good keeper fish but if I was stubborn and fish a lure to long I'd get lookers,this ice fishing getting to be too much like work,it's beating up this old man but I love it.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: I'm Slammin big panfish ( BULLS and SLABS)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009, 08:04 AM »
For me that's pretty much what's normal for early to mid-February. You definitely have to work to keep the big fish interested. The pike getting into prespawn mode they're feeding more aggressively so they are pushing the gills around more than they like to be. This is a big reason you need to move more to stay on them.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I'm Slammin big panfish ( BULLS and SLABS)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Another banner day,just spanked the daylights out of them 250 crappies over 9 inches,but kept the best 80 of them 10 1/2 to 12 inches,keep moving and stay on them. RATSO's RATSO"S RATSO"S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.