The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Erie metro park report with pictures  (Read 697 times)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Erie metro park report with pictures
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:23 PM »
Enclosed is pictures of cove point at erie metro park from the observantion deck  to grosse isle/ exit of the detroit river dumping in to lake erie ice is unknown thickness cause its a west wind and strong .. plus no one was out there so I did not want to risk heading out..

Hopefully some warmer temps will bring fish to bite I got skunked probably cause it was -6*f last night and the day before.. I did get a good hit at the marina but that was it I wonder if shad are in their with the perch?? Some one was saying carp were swimming around they seem but I don't think it was carp if it was they were scaring the other fish too..  any how watch out for the water on surface of ice at boat launch at marina if your boots are not water proof then try to avoid getting boots wet lots of water on surface by the boat ramp so don't access there.. cause you have a bad cold time if you do.. there is a ice ridge were every ones fishing at in the marina try to stay on top of it if you can other wise your cold and wet.. fish seemed to like minnows and that was what they hit right when I got there.. any how erie is locked up with I e thickness unknown cause no one was our there and I did not want to risk it.. so I did not check..  but there was,a good 6 up to 8 inches in the marina.. on that ridge. 

Pictures from cove point parking lot this is towards the observantion deck..

Turning left ftom the observantion deck towards grosse isle.

Grosse isle and detroit river mouth.

Pictures just go to show no one's on erie yet as of right now at least around here were pictures were taken..

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Erie metro park report with pictures
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Headed to BB tomorrow afternoon. Taking sleds out but will certainly make sure there are tracks first.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Erie metro park report with pictures
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2018, 11:17 PM »
Heard there taking eyes in 16 fow at bb some were.... but tell you the truth  we are getting rain/snow/ice  tomorrow .. and Monday...  but  Tuesday looks good too.. next week end there calling for inch if ice/snow ,wednessday and Thursday rain,  friday  3to5 inches of snow and saturday 1to3 inches of snow.. looks like if you drive from that far away.. like I do..  I would hang around home those days.. with that much snow will hinder travel.. a one hour drive becomes a 3 hour drive.. also the huron river is solid ice in a few spots just a heads up to get a lure threw would be impossible like at huroc park to steel head ..  so your going to see more guys on ice this year no questions asked..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.