Author Topic: need help with heater  (Read 3957 times)

ross

need help with heater
« on: Feb 04, 2003, 04:41 PM »
Does anybody have any experience with the Paulin Mini Heater Jr.. I just bought one and I'm not real sure if I like it. I had it going for the first time the other day for about a hour and a half and it just quit on me.So I relit it and it quit about 5 minutes later. The tank is not out of gas at all, theres about a half of a tank left.Is anyone else having problems with this particular heater at all?

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
Re: need help with heater
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2003, 05:42 PM »
I have had that model heater for three years now and I like it alot.  No problems.  Mine does not have a thermal couple or the push buttom ignition.  Maybe that is the trouble.  I would bring it back and see if you can get a new one.  

One question.  Why did it go out?  OK two, And does it have a thermal couple?  I also have the mr. heater / cooker with a thermal couple.  One night It went out after a fish was thrown on it,  Which is another story,  I relite it right away and it went right out again,  Then I waited 5 minutes and no problems.  Lite right up and stayed on.  I think that the thermal couple had to cool down befoe being relite.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2003, 06:59 AM »
If it does have a thermo coupler then try adjusting the probe closer to the heater,that solved the problem I had with my mister heater.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2003, 08:55 AM »
Is the tank frosting up ? My buddy had couple of problems with his Buddy Heater. One when the wind blew it would go off and two if the canister frosted up it would quit. Just some ideas !
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2003, 11:32 AM »
I think its freezing up not sure of the temp of propane but I think at -37 it will pour like water no more pressure left but check to see if your tank is frosty

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2003, 04:26 PM »
I have the same heater.  The tank always frosts up in cold weather but it has never effected preformace of the heater so I do not think that is the problem.  As far as the Buddy heater, yes in the wind it will go out.  If you read the box it was not designed for the wind.  It is an indoor heater.  Not wind proof.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.