Author Topic: FG Bash closer 1/24-1/26  (Read 1013 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
FG Bash closer 1/24-1/26
« on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:03 PM »
Arrived at lost dog bright and early to a few trailes and camps all set up for the weekends closing tourney. A few of our friends there were just rising and getting the coffee going. We had our minds on getting camp set up and doing some mack fishing. After a little discussion on location we set out to make camp. This is where we called home for a couple of days, even got the militia flag fying

Drilling holes in to close to cliffs proved once again not a good idea when the ice is pushing down, luckily only a few holes gave us trouble and not too much water. Most of it froze the 1st night

1st fish of the trip was phishinphools 18in pup and was the only mack we seen all weekend on the ice

what a view in this area, lots of scenery to soak in

The 1st night proved to be the best for the burbot and these were the only pics i got that night. This was they're 1st fish this trip
Prospectors 1st but not last

and lukes

This was our take for both teams the 1st night

While i was drinking coffee and eating some breakfast this surprise came along taking my dropping jig. I appoligize now for the bad hair day in the 2nd pic. lol

Was a very slow day fishing with only a couple of bites and fish on the finder. While eating some dinner i caught another cool pic from the tent of the setting sun on some of the cliffs across the way

We end up with 49 burbot and 1st place for the smallest. Never though i would see so many guys excited about a 9.5in fish  :roflmao: :roflmao: What a great weekend with friends doing what we love, catching fish and telling lies  @)

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Sillymutt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: FG Bash closer 1/24-1/26
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Way cool, wish I could have been there. What a suprise catch. Is that a Kokanee?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:45 PM »
looks like i missed out on a great trip, i am back in town now for good so come on  :icefish:

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:46 AM »
Good times.............the luck finally went my way!  Caught more Burb on this trip than all my others combined.  My back still hurts from carrying the team though!  LOL

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:07 AM »
My back still hurts from carrying the team though!  LOL

:roflmao: :roflmao: You definately had the secret weapon on your rod this weekend and the right hole locations
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Good times.............the luck finally went my way!  Caught more Burb on this trip than all my others combined.  My back still hurts from carrying the team though!  LOL
You did a great job! I used the secret bait the next night and knocked them dead. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Offline eaglecdl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Hey it was great running into you guys out there. Looks like yall faired pretty good Saturday night then. Congrats on the small fish prize. Maybe will run into you guys again.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:30 PM »
Yes it was nice saturday night, it was nice chatting with you guys also. I will keep an eye out for that awesome ride  :thumbsup: Did you guys stay out that night or head home?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Nice koke! We are heading to the Gorge for the weekend of the 14th. It will be our 6th annual trip there. We've never caught a Koke but would love to. Any advice? I haven't really seen anything about them through the ice over there, just soft water stuff.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2014, 08:16 PM »
They are an unusual catch in the winter for sure. Prospector caught one in December also. Here's the link to that post and the koke was bigger

FG trip 12/13-12/15

I hooked up with mine when i was fishing my white curly tail jig at 10fow, i seen some fish on the bottom and as soon as i started dropping i noticed a mark chasing my jig down. I stopped it thinking it was a pup or bow and as soon as it stopped BAM he was on. So no real tactic just luck i guess
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and info. We usually fish for macs in about 80 fow. By the looks of the other link you gave me and with what you said about 10 fow, they must behave like bows kinda (closer to the bank). And unless I get out voted and have to go fish for burbs, we will be in deeper water. I prefer the macs. Some of the guys I go with like the burbs. Maybe we will get lucky one day too. Our first year over there I marked a fish about 30' down in 80 fow, so I dropped a line down to there dead sticking it and picked up a bow about 3 lbs. Other than that year I've never seen anything else suspended like that, just a couple macs at about 60'. I actually got them too. Thanks again! :)
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2014, 10:21 PM »
No problem, good luck
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.