Author Topic: The gorge???  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
The gorge???
« on: Mar 11, 2013, 02:13 AM »
i have never been so i was wandering if there is open water there and could take a boat or an inflatable pontoon out there and do a little rainbow fishing trolling from my toon? any info on open water tackle and such would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
Re: The gorge???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2013, 01:44 PM »
 Ya the gorge has had open water all year....  Putting your pontoon on won't be a problem at all..

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:51 PM »
From what I have heard about the Gorge is below the pipeline area is mostly open water. Anvil draw has some open water, Southbuckboard has a little open water mostly along the shore. Above Buckboard is still frozen.

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Maybe you are aware of this but to launch or be on the water in Wyoming requires AIS decal ($30 i think)...and inspection by the Wy G&F. That is for any watercraft. pontoon, float tube..etc. They have upped the requirements this year to keep the invasive mussels out of Wyoming lakes and rivers.
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Should be plenty of open water for you to float your toon, but as tracker G said if you go into wyo waters you will need the AIS decal. Hey Tracker G do you need to have an inspection by Wy G&F before you can get a decal? And if so do you by chance know where to get this inspection done?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2013, 12:12 PM »
no. Im pretty sure you order the decal before.....which is basically to fund the program....then get inspected each time prior to launching
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Gotcha, so if you launch from the bank, not at a designated ramp and you have your decal should you still be ok?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Sorry the way I read it no matter where you launch, you need a pre-launch inspection. Probably better go to the Wy G&F site to read the changes.

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:42 AM »
Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from March 1 through November 30 must undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching in any water of the state.

Any person transporting a watercraft who did not encounter a mandatory aquatic invasive species check station prior to reaching a water of the state may launch without further inspection if the watercraft has a properly affixed seal applied by an authorized inspector and is accompanied by a valid seal receipt during transit. The person transporting the watercraft may remove the seal immediately prior to launching on the destination water and must retain the seal and valid seal receipt while on the water.

Information on inspection locations in other states where you may be able to get your watercraft inspected and sealed before transport into Wyoming is below:

Colorado Mandatory Boat Inspections
Oregon Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention

• Any watercraft that HAS BEEN in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussels within the last 30 days, is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching during ALL months of the year. Waters positive for AIS are often posted at boat ramps and launches. A list of waters known to be infested and other information is available here (Waters Known to be Infested)

• Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from December 1 through the last day of February that HAS NOT been in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussel within the past thirty (30) days and did not encounter a mandatory aquatic invasive species check station prior to reaching a water of the state, may launch without a mandatory inspection.

• Boat Inspections: All boaters must stop at established check stations. Check stations are established at ports of entry, border locations, or at boat ramps and are set-up to ensure watercraft are Drain, Clean and Dry before launching. Inspections are also available at WGFD Regional Offices during normal business hours.

• All watercraft must have a valid Wyoming AIS decal before boating on any waters of the state. Decals are available online, at regional offices and at automated license vendors.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:07 AM »
Thanks tracker G, is there an inspection station at the port of entry in evanston? I know there is one at the 1st rest stop you hit going into idaho on I-15 before malad. That sure does make it difficult to leave here early in the morn and try to be on the water at 1st light with the boat or the toon  :-\
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Musky from what i have been told told yes there will be a inspection station at the port of entry in Evanston, I dont know if it is open yet!I have not heard the hours of operation either, you might want to call and get that info prior to your next trip. What is a crock of crap is that Utah has no inspection stations or anything! If both states are truly worried about stopping the spread of invasive species on a shared water, then both states should have the same rules and inspections. If the invasion of the mussel occurs in Utah it will spread into Wyoming?????Makes no sense at all to me..

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Thats good theres going to be a check station there although i highly doubt it wouldbe open at the hours i go thru there, guess i'll just have to keep the boat in utah  :-\ haven't took it out of state since all the extra $$$$ has been in play in idaho and wyo. Now the new toon i got mught just be a different story  ;) i do agree it should be the same for inspections at all bodies of water that will offer it. I imagine that the spread that came to utah from nevada could easily continue if its not kept in check. I do my best to keep all my stuff dried in between each trip (boat, toon, anchors & ropes, waders and ect..)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.